Dumpire Vozzo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I actually think the AFL should watch the betting links to umpires closer. They seem to have effected more games this season than any other. We seem to get more professional as a league and then have these badly interpreted decisions. the irony is that Thommo killed his career by talking sense as did Sam Newman's calling of matches. Why are they so sensitive that they can't take criticism. Having the teams sit down with the afl at the start of every season and discuss interpretation rather than dictating the latest surrealist interpretation by Gieshen. Umpires should let things go when they are unsure, don't play soft ones ever in front of goal and be consistent.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I quite often feel dudded by umpires, like last night,
but really… it is such a hard game to umpire, i would not like to do it myself.
I find it strange that the football public in general are absolutely outraged when they make mistakes...
they can't see it from every angle, they can't watch all the taggers tugging while they try to follow the play… and they don't get replays
What I did find amusing this week was the discussion about the GC goal that was clearly a poster, a few times I heard "I'd hate to see it cost someone a Grand Final one day"
very friggin' funny - t.hawkins anyone?
sure the final margin wasn't 5 points, but it totally changes a match…

i don't count the goal after the siren because no one was on the mark and he was allowed to run right in.......shouldn't have been allowed...so the hawkins non goal really did cost us....imhfo...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:i never blame umpires for a loss, but if you are an umpire sympathiser, you are most definitely a cheese eating surrender monkey. just saying.
now that brought a smile to my face.......after a hard days work, ...much appreciated.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: 8-) :twisted:

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I actually didn't notice Vosso after 1/4 time. Primarily because it became the Mc Burney show and no one else was allowed to even consider blowing their whistle with out him getting in first. If he was able to i am sure that guy would give himself 3 votes even ahead of Judd. He is as bad if not worse than Razor Ray.

Time to replace the Geich ....... may i nominate GT aleast we know where the Umps Egos would be when they take the field.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Anyone whos involved in 300 games of anything at the highest level ges a pat on the back from me

To work your way through umpiring junior, suburban and (esp) bush footy without turning into a basket case is praise enough. To reach AFL standard to the tune of 300 games is a terrific achievement

We all give em a spray from time to time, and tbh I reckon most of the AFL umps would be bored if they didnt hear some comments when theyre close enough to the boundary, but it would be a pretty weird game to watch without any umpires

A few people on here are the reason grass roots footy has trouble recruiting umpires. You are an umpire = you are scum. How very grown up. Give it a try sometimes you bunch of Internet heroes

I probably gave him a bake last night for something, but once the sirens gone I'm happy to congratulate Michael Vozzo on 300 games

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
A few people on here are the reason grass roots footy has trouble recruiting umpires. You are an umpire = you are scum. How very grown up. Give it a try sometimes you bunch of Internet heroes

only the cheating ones....i said he was a prick...not scum....and i have never abused umpires at grass roots level...in fact have given them enormous support in one particular league where i held an official position.....so i find your comments offensive....pple have opinions...and reasons for those opinions...but once more get attacked on this forum by posters prepared to play the man and not address the subject....shame really..... :roll: :roll: :roll:...but not unexpected...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:

only the cheating ones....i said he was a prick...not scum....and i have never abused umpires at grass roots level...in fact have given them enormous support in one particular league where i held an official position.....so i find your comments offensive....pple have opinions...and reasons for those opinions...but once more get attacked on this forum by posters prepared to play the man and not address the subject....shame really..... :roll: :roll: :roll:...but not unexpected...
Oh golly I wasnt having a go at you..I promise :-)
All I was saying was that too many people bag umpires just cos they are umpires or theve given St Kilda one bad decisions in their career..and if thats the reason why anyone calls them scum (or pricks come to that if you must ) then I just dont think thats showing much maturity IMO

Ever met Michael Vozzo? Could be (and prolly is) a decent bloke.
Only umpire Ive evere met was Glenn James, and you seriously wouldnt want to meet a nicer bloke. I'm sure there are umpires with egos ..but that goes for any profession

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor