Player caught betting on team mate to kick first goal...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm pretty confident that kind of move shouldn't be divulged, it's not like Maxwell pushes forward often, and it was a pretty big game in the context of the season.

If numerous family members placed bets, were not talking a intimate dinner here, there was numbers.

BTW, remember when their was a 'friend' involved last time, maybe Didak was in the TAB and placed the bet :wink:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
mullet wrote:Hmm Tom Harley just said he found it very unusual that a player would go home and discuss their role with their family. So did Lee Mathews.

Oh but what would they know

Obviously not 2 of pluggers 20 AFL mates
Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
You have no idea, I repeat no idea. I amazed you can do your shoelaces up without help. Love it when people have to jump on other peoples posts because they have no idea how to discuss things. You are excellent at that.
I don't jump on peoples posts, just yours. You make it too easy with your stupidity, or are you trolling. You disagree with everything people say, all the time. Surely you are not that dumb. Yep you're trolling, please give it a rest.
You are far to easy, nearly embarrassing. I will add you to the most embarrassing list. You can take the lead in that.
I'm not even mad at you plug. I think you're half funny with all your lists, your AFL contacts and knowledge about the game and so on. You're a character that's for sure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
mullet wrote:Hmm Tom Harley just said he found it very unusual that a player would go home and discuss their role with their family. So did Lee Mathews.

Oh but what would they know

Obviously not 2 of pluggers 20 AFL mates
Ha ha ha

Pluggers trolling again
You have no idea, I repeat no idea. I amazed you can do your shoelaces up without help. Love it when people have to jump on other peoples posts because they have no idea how to discuss things. You are excellent at that.
I don't jump on peoples posts, just yours. You make it too easy with your stupidity, or are you trolling. You disagree with everything people say, all the time. Surely you are not that dumb. Yep you're trolling, please give it a rest.
You are far to easy, nearly embarrassing. I will add you to the most embarrassing list. You can take the lead in that.
I'm not even mad at you plug. I think you're half funny with all your lists, your AFL contacts and knowledge about the game and so on. You're a character that's for sure.
I can honestly say i know not one person in the AFL. Sorry to disappoint you. As for not being mad at me, as if I give a stuff. We are anonymous people on a forum. matter of fact i have 2 nicks on her. Plugger and Bernard Shakey and i often argue against myself just for a bit of fun. You guys are just far to easy. having said that I still believe kids would always tell their parents where they play if they had a normal relationship. I cant believe anyone would think otherwise.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

So plug you're now admitting that you frequently troll this forum with different accounts?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:So plug you're now admitting that you frequently troll this forum with different accounts?
Of course I do. I have permission off the mods because the more posts they get the more money comes in. The only reason I am telling you this is it looks like they are going to stop me doing it even though it will cost the forum plenty of money.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:So plug you're now admitting that you frequently troll this forum with different accounts?
Of course I do. I have permission off the mods because the more posts they get the more money comes in. The only reason I am telling you this is it looks like they are going to stop me doing it even though it will cost the forum plenty of money.
If you are going to talk sh*t you could at least try and say something funny, plug. Come on, you can do better than that!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Great answer but expected. Who said I speak to 20 players every week. Every player I have spoken to before game is happy to tell me his role if I ask them and that is at least 20 players. Look I know you are upset about yesterday making a fool of yourself about not knowing the eligibility but I didnt realise you sooked over it the next day and took things personally. I suppose these things happen though when you constantly wrong.
I haven't been on here since yesterday, so have no idea what 'eligibility' you're talking about, and I really doubt you know what you're talking about.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Why isn't that turd Maxwell suspended as well?

He still played a part in it :?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is this guy the dumbest football player ever?

The moron gene is frightfully strong in his family, but seriously, how good is he.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Its a wonder Bakes didn't get weeks for being within 50 k's of the TAB...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh my f****** god

plugger disagrees with the decisions!!!!!!!!!!!

he thinks its too harsh!!!!!!!

who woulda thunk it!!!

unfuckingreal :!:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh my f****** god

who woulda thunk it!!!

You have got real problems. Yes it is funny isnt it. I get told that I always agree with the AFL but this time I dont and you think that is what I usually do. Sorry matrix but you cant have it both ways even though you have probably tried. I worry that you seemed worried enough to post something in huge writing.

ando051
Club Player

The public should be told how many bets were made on Maxwell to kick the first goal through the TAB. Eddie everywhere said "It does not take many bets to get the odds down from 100 - 1 to 25 - 1". We now know Maxwell is talking bulldust when it has come out in today's paper that the family members that lodged bets were his brother and Mother in-law. Brother i can understand, but who tells there Mother in-law anything.

Shaw deserves everything he got. What a Richard Cranium to be in the TAB when the bet was lodged.

Fidelis
Club Player

Here's the thing for me, according to the lead article in 'The Age',

"The Saturday Age understands McGuire worked hard to reduce Shaw's suspension from being a season-ending one."

Since when do club presidents get involved in negotiating the length of AFL suspensions?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/i ... 1hicw.html

Faithful Even Unto Death
Tess
Opposition Fan

SIDE BY SIDE

Mick tweeted our battle cry last night ..... heaven help Carlton today!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:SIDE BY SIDE

Mick tweeted our battle cry last night ..... heaven help Carlton today!
Go away you stupid person. Not one person on here gives a stuff about the pies. You really typify the dumb no teeth brother rooting pies supporter.

Tess
Opposition Fan

Got a hot tip for ya's all ..... Maxwell to Kick the First Goal Today .... get on him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:Got a hot tip for ya's all ..... Maxwell to Kick the First Goal Today .... get on him.
You get on him that way he will be crushed and wont be able to play.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

she tried to give him a love bite, but forget her falsies :(

The AFL called didak as a witness but apparently he fell asleep as soon as he heard the police siren...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Shaw should be looking down the barrell of a criminal charge.

If Shaw is running towards goal, and sees Maxwell and Cloke - who's he going to kick it to?
What if he has a chance himself to kick at goal, but sees Maxwell?

Betting on 1st Goal can influence the result of a game, and the penalty should be treated as such.

This is far more serious than people are making out I reckon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Shaw should be looking down the barrell of a criminal charge.

If Shaw is running towards goal, and sees Maxwell and Cloke - who's he going to kick it to?

Betting on 1st Goal can influence the result of a game, and the penalty should be treated as such.

Can I ask what the charge should be?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:The public should be told how many bets were made on Maxwell to kick the first goal through the TAB. Eddie everywhere said "It does not take many bets to get the odds down from 100 - 1 to 25 - 1". We now know Maxwell is talking bulldust when it has come out in today's paper that the family members that lodged bets were his brother and Mother in-law. Brother i can understand, but who tells there Mother in-law anything.

Shaw deserves everything he got. What a Richard Cranium to be in the TAB when the bet was lodged.
It may not take many bets if they are betting a lot of money. But they said yesterday it was $20 from heath and $85 from maxwell's family. So I agree we havent been told the full story there. Would $105 of bets be enough to bring the odds in from $101 to $25?

Also Maxwell said he went home and discussed it with his family as he does every week. So who lives in his "family". I thought he was married with a kid. but seems his brother was there and his mother in law. Either there was a big family gathering or word travelled like wildfire that he was playing up forward.
Still seems strange that at least 3 people all thought the same thing, get on for first goal even though the story is that he just said he is starting up forward.

What "captain" would go home and divulge information to their family members. Tom Harley said he certainly wouldnt

Zac Attack
Club Player

incorrect

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:oh my f****** god

who woulda thunk it!!!

You have got real problems. Yes it is funny isnt it. I get told that I always agree with the AFL but this time I dont and you think that is what I usually do. Sorry matrix but you cant have it both ways even though you have probably tried. I worry that you seemed worried enough to post something in huge writing.
well done gazrat. typical nothing post from what probably is a pothead, uni drop out loser with no real ambition or drive in life other than to disagree with everyone and everything.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Shaw should be looking down the barrell of a criminal charge.

Can I ask what the charge should be?
I don't there is a charge in Australia yet. But it won't be far away.
Last edited by Johnny Member on Sat 16 Jul 2011 10:39am, edited 2 times in total.