"Saints leave Moorabbin ground 'to rot'"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The club did warn the council that they'd do nothing with the ground if they weren't allowed to develop it, and leave it basically to rot. The Kingston council has no-one to blame but themselves. Why should the Saints give a crap? I think we're still wearing the cost of the lease?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Rosco
Club Player

gringo wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Well said Legendary, Dan Warna and others.

The Kingstoned Council should hang their heads in shame.
And we should do the bare minimum to honour our contract and leave the ground to decay into an eyesore.

But we should also erect big signs at the gates explaining that it is Kingstoned Council's fault 100%.

Unfortunately the councils are toothless special interest groups design to siphon money out of the tax payers wallets. That is if they aren't affiliated with developers which have their own rubber stamps made.

Moorabin as a suburb is a bizarre spectacle, it is like it has frozen in time while the suburbs around it have gone up in value and desirability. How can the suburb surrounded by Brighton East Bentleigh sandringham etc. still be so run down. I can't imagine. Maybe because they scare any one away that might want to improve anything.
i think it's the industrial side of moorabbin (east side) that keeps the name down.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
gringo wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Well said Legendary, Dan Warna and others.

The Kingstoned Council should hang their heads in shame.
And we should do the bare minimum to honour our contract and leave the ground to decay into an eyesore.

But we should also erect big signs at the gates explaining that it is Kingstoned Council's fault 100%.

Unfortunately the councils are toothless special interest groups design to siphon money out of the tax payers wallets. That is if they aren't affiliated with developers which have their own rubber stamps made.

Moorabin as a suburb is a bizarre spectacle, it is like it has frozen in time while the suburbs around it have gone up in value and desirability. How can the suburb surrounded by Brighton East Bentleigh sandringham etc. still be so run down. I can't imagine. Maybe because they scare any one away that might want to improve anything.
i think it's the industrial side of moorabbin (east side) that keeps the name down.
Like Geelong, it would probably benefit greatly from having a team from an elite national sport based within its boundaries. Tremendous PR stuff.

Oh, hang on..............

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I agree completely with Legendary, but I will just make this point: The previous Labor government promised $2M to do up Cheltenham and Moorabbin Footy grounds if re-elected, perhaps if the locals had voted Labor it might not be a problem.

And If they had got rid of their incompetant councillors when they had the opportunity, the Saints would still be there, and everybody would have been happy.

You elected them...... suck it up Princesses.
Yeah, yeah, Labor promises.

Before the '99 election , Bracks said he'd save Waverley Park!
Like more money for cops and teachers, and a billion other retracted promises from Bailaeu? The only thing they've done was sold out the green wedges to their campaign sponsors.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Very ordinary from Kingston -nee Moorabbin Council - on this one. St Kilda should point to Windy Hill and Kardinia Park as examples of what pro-active and progressive councillors do when they are fortunate enough to have a team from the best sporting body in the country representing their locality.
The place was already a sorry sight twenty years ago in the early nineties when we were still playing there, much as I loved the atmosphere.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Kingston council are ken opeless
My rates from 89 - 2000 , rose by $100 . In the last 10 yrs , 01 - 11 they have risen by $1000 , thats basically for picking up the garbage because in that 20 year period , no council money has been spent on anything in my neighborhood.
I think they spend most of the money on commitee's and forum's which achieve little . their all talk and no action.
Saints had proposals in the nineties knocked back by council , I don't live in that part of kingston , however if you travel around the council you would identify this area as being one in need of some kind of public facility that would breathe new life into this area , something that the proposed redevelopment would have done.
My sister lives two streets away from the new facility at seaford and is rapt because of the potential property value increases a multimillion dollar facility like this attract. Her gain is moorabbins loss

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Spot on! Frankston city signage all acknowledges that St. Kilda are a part of that community/locality. Frankston, for all it's social ills, is at least appreciative of the opportunities and mutual benefits a top class sporting outfit can bring, not to mention the prestige.
I supported the move wholeheartedly to Franga, wasn't sure about Seaford at first, but now I'm sold. Seaford is just that little bit closer to the inner South.
Does anybody remember when a lot of the players lived in club accommodation/rentals in Patterson Lakes - Winmar, Heater, Rod Keogh etc?

mcadam05
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Spot on! Frankston city signage all acknowledges that St. Kilda are a part of that community/locality. Frankston, for all it's social ills, is at least appreciative of the opportunities and mutual benefits a top class sporting outfit can bring, not to mention the prestige.
I supported the move wholeheartedly to Franga, wasn't sure about Seaford at first, but now I'm sold. Seaford is just that little bit closer to the inner South.
Does anybody remember when a lot of the players lived in club accommodation/rentals in Patterson Lakes - Winmar, Heater, Rod Keogh etc?
I just posted a interview from that said house that appeared on the footy show pre the 98 Ansett cup Grand final

I think one of the neighbours was Norman Yemm who played Norm on the tv show the sullivans and i think played VFA

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Kingston council are ken opeless
My rates from 89 - 2000 , rose by $100 . In the last 10 yrs , 01 - 11 they have risen by $1000 , thats basically for picking up the garbage because in that 20 year period , no council money has been spent on anything in my neighborhood.
I think they spend most of the money on commitee's and forum's which achieve little . their all talk and no action.
Saints had proposals in the nineties knocked back by council , I don't live in that part of kingston , however if you travel around the council you would identify this area as being one in need of some kind of public facility that would breathe new life into this area , something that the proposed redevelopment would have done.
My sister lives two streets away from the new facility at seaford and is rapt because of the potential property value increases a multimillion dollar facility like this attract. Her gain is moorabbins loss
That's what i was talking about, east Brighton and Bentleigh etc. have street beautification programs where the up keep of street scapes, trees, shopping strips etc are constantly updated -they don't take substantially less money for rates so where does it go? The shopping area around the station hasn't had anything spent on it other than the private sector building car parks around coles. At least if they had some kind of claim of keeping the character of the suburb intact but it looks more like neglect than a love of 1950s suburban AV Jennings housing.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

gringo wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I agree completely with Legendary, but I will just make this point: The previous Labor government promised $2M to do up Cheltenham and Moorabbin Footy grounds if re-elected, perhaps if the locals had voted Labor it might not be a problem.

And If they had got rid of their incompetant councillors when they had the opportunity, the Saints would still be there, and everybody would have been happy.

You elected them...... suck it up Princesses.
Yeah, yeah, Labor promises.

Before the '99 election , Bracks said he'd save Waverley Park!
Like more money for cops and teachers, and a billion other retracted promises from Bailaeu? The only thing they've done was sold out the green wedges to their campaign sponsors.
Yes, yes, I'm sure it's all Kennett's fault. PS if you're going to bag Baillieu at least spell his name right.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Didn't we have a plan to develop the whole area?

Doesn't Kingston Council realise the huge amount of kudos, money etc that goes with being the home of a team in the greatest national competition in the land?

Fools. Was the disagreement really about a few extra pokies?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yeah the saints were going to build a new gym, management centre, etc for a few million. Pretty sure the federal and/or the state government were going to chip in a few million.

There was some talk the council would put in a few million and make it an open access sport centre for the community as well with meeting rooms conference facilities etc.

when the council pulled out the saints were going to go it alone with government funding and the council then started acting like the spoiler.

Hence where we are now.

I guess you just need to bribe justin madden back when and you could ignore council dissapproval ><

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:
That's what i was talking about, east Brighton and Bentleigh etc. have street beautification programs where the up keep of street scapes, trees, shopping strips etc are constantly updated -they don't take substantially less money for rates so where does it go? The shopping area around the station hasn't had anything spent on it other than the private sector building car parks around coles. At least if they had some kind of claim of keeping the character of the suburb intact but it looks more like neglect than a love of 1950s suburban AV Jennings housing.
Bentleigh need to look at cleaning the whole strip of shops down Centre Rd - it's a disgrace. Mind you I don't see the appeal of paying a mil to live there your not even close to the beach!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Bentleigh need to look at cleaning the whole strip of shops down Centre Rd - it's a disgrace. Mind you I don't see the appeal of paying a mil to live there your not even close to the beach!
Dont see anything wrong with the Bentleigh shopping strip and when is 5km not close to the beach.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I hear you - we are on the beach side of Seaford and our rates are now up to $1,600 a year but they are making improvements and I agree with your sister about increases in property value due to LHO that's why we have decided to stay in the area.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Dont see anything wrong with the Bentleigh shopping strip and when is 5km not close to the beach.
Are you being serious? - Centre Rd is filthy and smells the strip of shops from East Boundry Rd down towards Nepean H'Way is so dirty it looks like the back streets of Richmond

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Are you being serious? - Centre Rd is filthy and smells the strip of shops from South Rd down towards Nepean H'Way is so dirty it looks like the back streets of Richmond
What are you on about. Firstly what has South Rd got to do with Centre rd and there is no smell at all in Centre Rd. I reckon living in Seaford gives you no rights at all to talk about Bentleigh smelling.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Are you being serious? - Centre Rd is filthy and smells the strip of shops from South Rd down towards Nepean H'Way is so dirty it looks like the back streets of Richmond
What are you on about. Firstly what has South Rd got to do with Centre rd and there is no smell at all in Centre Rd. I reckon living in Seaford gives you no rights at all to talk about Bentleigh smelling.
See edited post - arrogant fool

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Why is that? Because you mention a road that has nothing to do with Bentleigh shops and you say the area smells and that makes me arrogant. Strange person. Anyway the shops and strip in both Benteigh and East bentleigh dont smell. i have no idea about Seaford. All i know is there is a brothal in Seaford. Should I have a go at that? And i have no idea why people would pay over $200k for a house there.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Why is that? Because you mention a road that has nothing to do with Bentleigh shops and you say the area smells and that makes me arrogant. Strange person. Anyway the shops and strip in both Benteigh and East bentleigh dont smell. i have no idea about Seaford. All i know is there is a brothal in Seaford. Should I have a go at that? And i have no idea why people would pay over $200k for a house there.
Oh you mean a Brothel ( see spelling) - I'm not the only one who thinks the street smells and has rubbish lying all over it - think what you like about Seaford but I enjoy my bay view - let me know when you have one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:
Oh you mean a Brothel ( see spelling) - I'm not the only one who thinks the street smells and has rubbish lying all over it - think what you like about Seaford but I enjoy my bay view - let me know when you have one.
Spelling. Wow. You have got me. And your not the only one who thinks it smells. Wow. Should we do a survey on whether Bentleigh smells more than Seaford? I dont have bay views as i live in East bentleigh. I dont expect them otherwise I would have brought in a proper suburb for bay views like Sandy or Black Rock.

By the way how often do you go to the Bentleigh shops and why do you go?

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Spelling. Wow. You have got me. And your not the only one who thinks it smells. Wow. Should we do a survey on whether Bentleigh smells more than Seaford? I dont have bay views as i live in East bentleigh. I dont expect them otherwise I would have brought in a proper suburb for bay views like Sandy or Black Rock.

Kelly, I've warned you....... don't get mixed up with him, he's just an arrogant shite stirrer..... don't stoop to his levels.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:

Kelly, I've warned you....... don't get mixed up with him, he's just an arrogant shite stirrer..... don't stoop to his levels.
Working together now. I love the love in Seaford. Are you brainless as well. Your wife say Bentleigh shops smell and i am the s*** stirrer for sticking up for my area because what she says is blatantly wrong. Now think before posting in future. People in Seaford can think surely.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:

Well the bay views in Seaford and pretty much the same as we had in Sandringham but where we live in Seaford is bigger so really a bay view is a bay view.

I live in Seaford so should I not come further then say Southland - do I need a pass from you to come into the Bentleigh area???? Not that I should have to explain myself but I have a shop I frequent in Centre Rd and friends in Bentleigh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
gringo wrote:

Well the bay views in Seaford and pretty much the same as we had in Sandringham but where we live in Seaford is bigger so really a bay view is a bay view.

I live in Seaford so should I not come further then say Southland - do I need a pass from you to come into the Bentleigh area???? Not that I should have to explain myself but I have a shop I frequent in Centre Rd and friends in Bentleigh.
It just seems strange that you would go to a shop in an area that you say smells so much. I tend to stay away from places I feel are like that. That would seem like common sense. By the way I havent been to Seaford shops. Take that anyway you like.