ALL Vic clubs minimum 5 interstate games!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Best draw would be playing Port, GWS and GC all twice :)

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Best draw would be playing Port, GWS and GC all twice :)
equals 6 wins does it ? lol

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
But we need the $$$$$$$$$

The 3 home games against those clubs would surely mean that will be writing out some BIG cheques with Collo's name on them.

We need balance !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

The 3 home games against those clubs would surely mean that will be writing out some BIG cheques with Collo's name on them.

We need balance !!
With all due respect Eastern, balance wont help us make the top 4 to give us a realistic crack at it. An easy draw and wins will. I'll take a premiership and a handout from the AFL over a nothing season with a profit any day of the week.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:

We need balance !!
With all due respect Eastern, balance wont help us make the top 4 to give us a realistic crack at it. An easy draw and wins will. I'll take a premiership and a handout from the AFL over a nothing season with a profit any day of the week.
AND what about balance of playing the top teams, no point having an easy draw and then fall flat on our face in September because we only played the top teams once and no doubt played them earlier in the season. To play all the easy teams twice is no work out..... Balance yes, but a team needs to play hard games to make them a great side, playing cellar dwellers is not going to achieve that.

Need home games at the MCG against teams like Collingwood and Geelong... Not home games against Port Adelaide and GWS.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

It is certainly a move to a fairer draw and coupled with the extra handouts it seems like the AFL is doing more to say give a Bulldogs or Kangaroos a great shot at winning the comp when they have the players to do so.

If we all have to travel 5 times during the year so be it. I don't care who we play as long as everyone else (Vic sides) do the same.

People will always whinge that one or two teams have a better draw travelling yadda yadda however it is much better and more importantly equitable compared to what was happening previously.

Furphy
Club Player

Now to get a couple of clubs to comply with the "clash" jumper rule!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

MINIMUM of 5 away games

so we'll get about, what...8?
lol