St Kilda tipped to rookie Danny Hughes - rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Speed, skills, aggression and the usual research: phantom drafts, highlights packages etc.

Milera is more of a flanker/winger.
So given all those attributes, why wouldn't a club have taken him?
What's the downside on him that caused him not to be drafted?
Or is it just a case of too many in front of him considered better prospects?
I think your last Q sums it up.

A lot of similar players in the draft - smalls and mids.

Look I might be wrong (theres a good chance) but i reckon he will get picked up, probably by a WA club.
Thanks for the clarification.
My knowledge of potential draftees is virtually zero and I found it very interesting that you have such high hopes for this kid.
I was just trying to understand what made him stand out from all the other potential rookies.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The point you're missing Mr Magic is we need a medium sized half forward with a good body size that's ready to impact whilst Siposs, Milera , Cripps etc.. mature and develop their bodies.

Marley Williams is 181 cms and weighs 85 kgs .. he does not have to be the best going around... but from what little I've seen he'll improve our forward line including our forward pressure with his speed , strength and work ethic alone.

Other teams may not need a medium forward as much as we do... they are too midfield focused if you ask me.

He looks capable of kicking a goal or two as well which wont go astray.

Wigsy
Club Player

Can I get a summary of Ferguson from those that see him regularly? I've seen him play only briefly - obviously very athletic, but his kicking style is ungainly at best. How is his kicking? Marking? Why would he not have been elevated post-season if he was such a prospect (just a case of still developing and not likely for seniors so why bother)? Not a dig, just a search for sone info given the high hopes (and our lack of kpp depth). Cheers

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

samoht wrote:The point you're missing Mr Magic is we need a medium sized half forward with a good body size that's ready to impact whilst Siposs, Milera , Cripps etc.. mature and develop their bodies.

Marley Williams is 181 cms and weighs 85 kgs .. he does not have to be the best going around... but from what little I've seen he'll improve our forward line including our forward pressure with his speed , strength and work ethic alone.

Other teams may not need a medium forward as much as we do... they are too midfield focused if you ask me.

He looks capable of kicking a goal or two as well which wont go astray.
agreed - there's a lot of upside with Williams, he's a kid playing against bigger bodies, holding his own & ready to go. Plays forward and as a mid, quick & strong in traffic and has a big left foot kick. He just needs polishing up a bit.

Keep the opinions alive

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wigsy wrote:Can I get a summary of Ferguson from those that see him regularly? I've seen him play only briefly - obviously very athletic, but his kicking style is ungainly at best. How is his kicking? Marking? Why would he not have been elevated post-season if he was such a prospect (just a case of still developing and not likely for seniors so why bother)? Not a dig, just a search for sone info given the high hopes (and our lack of kpp depth). Cheers
He was never going to get upgraded as his body isnt ready. He is very fast for a tall guy, loves to run, kicks ok at best but that is because he always seems to be running when kicking. His marking is ok without being brilliant. he plays like Sam Gilbert. He doesnt play like a KPP at all. Has to learn to watch his opponent but IMO he will make it. Gets the ball a hell of a lot and runs with it. Skills that many tall players have. Is a good year away though as he only played about 10 games in his first year.