McQualter to Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Mini rookied by Gold Coast
Nick Heyne by Carlton
and Pattto by Hawthorn

Best of luck to teh former Saints at their new club
+1

JohnE
Club Player

Mini will play in the seniors in no time!! Well done mate, so much for that 'retirement'.... Lol

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

JohnE wrote:Mini will play in the seniors in no time!! Well done mate, so much for that 'retirement'.... Lol
Faark the GC.

AFL love child team.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Yep I'm still a fan of Zac.

Good luck to all of them, especially Mini, really hope he can crack the Suns best 22.
Good luck to Heyne - particularly because I never really saw him play and could not figure out his niche yet due to the aforementioned. So be it though and I hope he turns out to be a great player at the Blues.

Same with Pattison. He will provide much better insurance than say a Daniel Archer-type (not bagging) for a team that is close to a flag.

I hope Mini cracks the Suns 22 too. This way our resting midfielder or permanent half-forward will have a field day as this slow, unskilled and small 'defensive forward' attempts to go with one of our boys. Please get into the team Mini.

Some of my flock who know me know of my displeasure at Zac Dawson being at St Kilda in the first place and the reasons why.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
JohnE wrote:Mini will play in the seniors in no time!! Well done mate, so much for that 'retirement'.... Lol
Faark the GC.

AFL love child team.
Yep. My hate boils over with that mob... Pre-packaged marketing tripe...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Glad McQualter has been moved on. 12 months too late

Another opportunity awaits!
Nikky Rixon
Club Player

Good luck to Andrew but i still cant forget the sitter he missed in the 09 grand final he should of kicked that

saintkid
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Glad McQualter has been moved on. 12 months too late
Yep two of our three softest players have now moved on in McQualter and Dawson. The only one left now is Gram.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
Yep two of our three softest players have now moved on in McQualter and Dawson. The only one left now is Gram.
What is that actually based on?

gurubob101
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
McQualter was slow, didn't get enough of the ball and always seemed overwhelmed by self doubt at senior level but I wouldn't have said he was soft. He was a good, honest footballer at VFL level.

Dawson was a doofus and really struggled one on one in the air but I think he attacked the ball pretty hard.

IMO you're being a bit tough on those boys; although now they don't play for us stuff 'em... they are both rubbish players.

Jason Gram... well...yes he's a receiver... but he's our receiver and every team needs players who can run with the ball. They can't all be Lenny Hayes!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Performance

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Performance
Must be in bed because I havent seen it on a footy ground.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gurubob101 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
McQualter was slow, didn't get enough of the ball and always seemed overwhelmed by self doubt at senior level but I wouldn't have said he was soft. He was a good, honest footballer at VFL level.

Dawson was a doofus and really struggled one on one in the air but I think he attacked the ball pretty hard.

IMO you're being a bit tough on those boys; although now they don't play for us stuff 'em... they are both rubbish players.

Jason Gram... well...yes he's a receiver... but he's our receiver and every team needs players who can run with the ball. They can't all be Lenny Hayes!
Re Grammy: yes, teams need receivers, but if u are one you need sublime kicking skills and decision making - remember 'the challenge', it had Dal being a smart ass kicking floaters to teammates and saying they have to get used to Grammys kicking... funny, but that says it all. Either he reinvents himself or i'd be more than happy to see him at Sandy in the place of a kid with the right skills and attitude.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mini = soft?

Seriously? :shock:

Thought that his willingness to tackle, put his body in a contest was one of his strengths.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Performance
Must be in bed because I havent seen it on a footy ground.
Correct

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Mini = soft?

Seriously? :shock:

Thought that his willingness to tackle, put his body in a contest was one of his strengths.
When did he get near enough to an opponent to tackle them?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Mini isn't soft, but he wasn't holding tackles consistently enough for a defensive forward by the end.

Greatest strength was his pin-pointing of a target inside 50.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Mini isn't soft, but he wasn't holding tackles consistently enough for a defensive forward by the end.

He never got the bloody ball!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Mini isn't soft, but he wasn't holding tackles consistently enough for a defensive forward by the end.

Im amazed we got in the finals with all these apparent hacks we had and also a poor game plan and coach.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Im amazed we got in the finals with all these apparent hacks we had and also a poor game plan and coach.
Mini's stats were hardly any worse than say Macaffer who has a premiership medal.

Hard to get huge stats inside 50.

He was dropped too late in 2010, but Steven and Armo had injury worries and there was no else so Mini was to some extent carried in the finals.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Mini's stats were hardly any worse than say Macaffer who has a premiership medal.

He was dropped too late in 2010, but Steven and Armo had injury worries and there was no else so Mini was to some extent carried in the finals.
Exactly but as time goes on Steven and Armo have become fitter and better and should have played in the 2010 finals.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Exactly but as time goes on Steven and Armo have become fitter and better and should have played in the 2010 finals.
One of the problems is that the injuries of Steven and Armitage weren't given much publicity so people understandably feel Mini was preferred on form alone.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:

St.Kilda was propped up by half a dozen players. McQualter was good in 09 but s*** in 10 and 11 and there the facts

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moccha wrote:

St.Kilda was propped up by half a dozen players. McQualter was good in 09 but s*** in 10 and 11 and there the facts
And what about Dawson and the coach?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

you baiting again Plugger?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!