Kosi Injury (minor?)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi Injury (minor?)

gazrat wrote:.don't be worrying about kosi , he'll win us a flag.

.i wanna know why plugger is keen to bash his gran ?
.... is she a maggot supporter ?
I reckon Gran could take him....

“Yeah….nah””
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
st.byron wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Remind me again St Dooley and St Byron - who played in the ruck in the second half in the 2010 Grand Final against Collingwood when Gardner went off injured?
You know, the guy who beat Jolly in the second half of that same game? Oooooh, that's right, it was Kosi ....
- and that wasn't three years ago boys.
Thought Jolly beat him in that instance myself. But then he was pinch hitting. He has some value....yes. Not interested in potting him for potting him's sake. Am interested in a realistic appraisal of a player's value and I think Kosi's ordinary. And when I see people clinging on to notions that he's a superstar now or a fantastic player now based on his 'purple patch' or even what he did in the 2010 GF or before that....well I reckon it's crap. A few stand out performances in a career don't make someone a great, fantastic or superstar player.

So true. He is a very ordinary, slow, one dimensional player who gets injured far too easy. Apart from his ability to take a good pack grap at times he has no other tricks to his game. We need to persevere now with Stanley and Sippos who have much better second efforts and have thir future ahead of them. Kosi is entering the twilight of a career that was based mainly on hype.
Yet to see many first efforts from Stanley let alone second ones. Kosi at least hits packs hard and brings the ball to ground, Stanley HATES any form of contact, I have never seen a bloke jump from 2 metres away at a ruck contest just so he doesnt have to make contact.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

BringBackMadDog wrote: Yet to see many first efforts from Stanley let alone second ones. Kosi at least hits packs hard and brings the ball to ground, Stanley HATES any form of contact, I have never seen a bloke jump from 2 metres away at a ruck contest just so he doesnt have to make contact.
in a spirited defense of Kosi I would consider accusing another player of cowardice pretty low.
as for hitting packs did you actually watch the last game Kosi just played? He hit the ground before making it to very many packs,
for a big guy he is very easily knocked off his feet.

Seeya
PJ
SS Life Member

Pretty uninformed criticism of Stanley BBMD.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

PJ wrote:Pretty uninformed criticism of Stanley BBMD.
Pretty uniformed comment of me PJ, I have barely missed a saints game in 30 years and watch our reserves side play in 75% of their games. Stanley, up to now has not been a physical player, he is a wonderful athlete who could be anything, but he needs to show more aggression

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So a thread about Kosi's injury turns into another "lets bash Kosi" thread.. :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:So a thread about Kosi's injury turns into another "lets bash Kosi" thread.. :roll:
Always does, same old easy targets

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Why?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Why?
I have no idea

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:So a thread about Kosi's injury turns into another "lets bash Kosi" thread.. :roll:
Sorry, I missed where he's being bashed. Which posts has he been bashed in?
OH.....do you mean me? And I thought I was just making a realistic assessment.......

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

realistic is one way of looking at it - skewered would be my appraisal. ignoring his good years and games, and the fact that he has put body and soul on the line for years, while focusing on the negative...

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Might be wrong, but to me he seems like a decent,down to earth guy that could just as easily be playing for a country/suburban club.
No argument injuries have cruelled his career, but I would like to know how many Saints have played more games/roles than KOSI?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.i wanna know why plugger is keen to bash his gran ?
.... is she a maggot supporter ?

I reckon Gran could take him....
Gran would start crowd favourite , thats for sure.

Mmmmmmm , :)
.might be time to start a book.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:realistic is one way of looking at it - skewered would be my appraisal. ignoring his good years and games, and the fact that he has put body and soul on the line for years, while focusing on the negative...
Putting body and soul on the line. That's a given for me from any AFL player. It's some kind of romantic notion to assess a player by the fact that he puts his body on the line, heart into the game. I expect that from every player. Troy Schwarze put his body and soul into the game as well, but I don't see anyone claiming he was a superstar on the basis of it. Being a good bloke is also irrelevant.
And ignoring his good games and years. Nope. Just not letting them - and there hasn't been all that many in the context of a ten year career where he hasn't finished top ten in the B&F in any year - just not letting them cloud perspective and turn him into a better player than he's been.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Hey K, can you get a photo/video of him fainting while on tv? thats the best one.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Classy.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Hey K, can you get a photo/video of him fainting while on tv? thats the best one.
You're a sad piece of s*** who needs to go and f*** off

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:realistic is one way of looking at it - skewered would be my appraisal. ignoring his good years and games, and the fact that he has put body and soul on the line for years, while focusing on the negative...
Putting body and soul on the line. That's a given for me from any AFL player. It's some kind of romantic notion to assess a player by the fact that he puts his body on the line, heart into the game. I expect that from every player. Troy Schwarze put his body and soul into the game as well, but I don't see anyone claiming he was a superstar on the basis of it. Being a good bloke is also irrelevant.
And ignoring his good games and years. Nope. Just not letting them - and there hasn't been all that many in the context of a ten year career where he hasn't finished top ten in the B&F in any year - just not letting them cloud perspective and turn him into a better player than he's been.
Why don't you focus your attention on Troy Schwarze.

What do you expect from Koschitzke or you just a follower and listening to everyone saying he should be a good player but can't be because he got a few head knocks. You obviously had inflated expectations of his ability because you think he's overrated. If you thought he was crap you'd have no expectation of him as a player so you wouldn't be banging on here about him. Get over it!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

This thread is everything that is wrong with Saints supporters. We should boo them again- proud moments in football guys. Kosi isn't the best or worse player, he probably would have been let go if it wasn't for the fact that good talls are hard to comes by and he hasn't been replaced by anyone better yet. I think he still has untapped potential and will probably get lots of opportunity under Watters.

To the top
SS Life Member

Kosi averages 1.23 goals a game - so only 0.67 goals a game away from super star status.

Mind you, he has also played at CHB, in the ruck and as a utility player who has taken match winning marks deep in defence.

Plus there are the goals he has created for others by contesting and by taking defenders with him.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Kosi is Awesome

Especially when he does this

-------------------------------------------->

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Why don't you focus your attention on Troy Schwarze.

What do you expect from Koschitzke or you just a follower and listening to everyone saying he should be a good player but can't be because he got a few head knocks. You obviously had inflated expectations of his ability because you think he's overrated. If you thought he was crap you'd have no expectation of him as a player so you wouldn't be banging on here about him. Get over it!
Magnifisaint, my expectations of Kosi have long been pretty low. I dont' think he's crap though. An ordinary player. But it seems to me that there are still fans who reckon he's fabuolous based on what he did years ago. The Kosi coloured glasses club. You're right, I should get over it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Cheers.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Milne gets to that ball in GF1 2010 and Kosi is arguably one of 3 reasons (Goddard/and Hayes being the others)we win our 2nd flag.
Hang on -Sorry,that means Robert Eddy and Arss Lyon are also immortals!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Hey K, can you get a photo/video of him fainting while on tv? thats the best one.
:evil:

Imagine if that was your brother, or your dad, or your son?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
:evil:

Imagine if that was your brother, or your dad, or your son?
I have seen Kosi at an Auskick clinic and he was fantastic with the kids there - it was a preps group. I have seen a lot of teachers and coaches in my time and Kosi was real good at engaging them and the kids responded very well. In my opinion he would be an excellent junior footy coach or PE teacher.
He is an extremely good communicator and having seen other footy players in the same or similar situation, I would say Kosi was way better than most. Certainly better than the player with him on the day who just shuffled around looking down at his feet the whole time.

And for a guy who has had his share of head knocks can I just say that Kosi gave me the impression that day of being very switched on and perceptive.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.