Help a Yankee out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Help a Yankee out

St DAC wrote:
Tornateo wrote:... and their fans seemed to think quite highly of the team.
and themselves ... :roll: :wink:
Another reason to avoid the Hawks like the plague :P

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:Eric Bana is a mad Saints fan!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If you like golf - Geoff Ogilvy is also a mad Saints Fan

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Okay then, time to bring out the big guns (literally :wink: )

fingers
Saintsational Legend

tell you what - you become a saints fan and I will personally mail you a scarf and a cap.

HOWEVER - remember that this single choice, more than any other you will make, is for life. Good, bad or indifferent.

Tornateo
Club Player

fingers wrote:tell you what - you become a saints fan and I will personally mail you a scarf and a cap.

HOWEVER - remember that this single choice, more than any other you will make, is for life. Good, bad or indifferent.

I'm a fan! For good or bad. Even if we take a horrible turn like the Demons have this year. I'm now a fan for life!

Tornateo
Club Player

Also, I've been watching Saints matches from this year all night. Currently watching the Round 9 game against the Swans. Milne is fun to watch!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Tornateo wrote:Also, I've been watching Saints matches from this year all night. Currently watching the Round 9 game against the Swans. Milne is fun to watch!
Who is your NFL team Tornateo, and what part of the US do you hail from?

And I will hold fingers to his promise of a Saints hat and scarf. I know him personally and he is notorious for short arms and deep pockets, much like another poster on here known as Eastern :D :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Tornateo wrote:Also, I've been watching Saints matches from this year all night. Currently watching the Round 9 game against the Swans. Milne is fun to watch!
Welcome aboard the Saints Roller coaster.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Tornateo wrote:
fingers wrote:tell you what - you become a saints fan and I will personally mail you a scarf and a cap.

I'm a fan! For good or bad. Even if we take a horrible turn like the Demons have this year. I'm now a fan for life!
PM me your name and address and I will live up to my part of the bargain...and you have the rest of your life to live up to yours ;)

Austinnn
Club Player

I love this thread! Good on you guys for representing the club so well!

Tornateo, I became a supporter in 1995 for many of the same reasons as you and despite the heartbreak since, have never looked back. We've got bags more character than the shiteHawks and the Bulldogs, and Milne is my favourite player.

You have come during a good period for us, you and I both missed the decades of largesse and unprofessionalism that unfortunately still dominate the club's reputation within the sport.

We have great colours and you already know the club song pretty much.

If you want some inspiration, check out this round up of 2009 created just before we lost the Grand Final heartbreakingly.

http://youtu.be/st3ryuvSeuQ

If you want some more inspiration, look for videos of the following Saints; Michael Gardiner, Fraser Gehrig, Aaron Hammill, Austinn Jones, Barry Hall, Peter Everitt, Robert Harvey, Nicky Winmar, Stewart Loewe, Trevor Barker, Darrel Baldock, Ian Stewart, Allan Jeans

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I wonder whether tornateo is genuine ?
Some of his/her linguistics appear forced .

In red white and black from 73
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

mr six o'clock wrote:I wonder whether tornateo is genuine ?
Some of his/her linguistics appear forced .
Tornateo wrote:Hahaha actually I really liked that fact that St. Kilda are kind of an underdog. And I like their colors...
Has to be genuine... dropped the 'u' out of colours. :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Hey there Tormateo, I'm a fellow tyank living down here in Melbourne and my connection to St.Kilda was because my Mom was a war bride and went back to the States for just under 20 years after WWII. Our Grandfather on my Mom's side followed St.Kilda all his life so when we immigrated down here, we we're all initiated and recruited as fans of the Saints, except my older brother who defected to Essendon. But that's all right because he has since moved back to the U.S and lives in L.A.
Also follows the Yankees, so his judgement is very questionable.
Where abouts in U.S. do you live? Trust things are good there for you.
As others have said, it is a real roller coaster of an emotional ride with the Saints, we have been so close the last few years and I am hopeful that we will see the next generation of players start to come through to challenge for the premiership again.
SO get on board, have a laugh at all the Monday morning quarterbacks here ( I happen to fall into that category at times) and enjoy the banter between those who think the cup is half full and those who think it is half empty.
Incidently, do you get much AFL on the Sports Networks over there?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Tornateo wrote:Hahaha actually I really liked that fact that St. Kilda are kind of an underdog. And I like their colors. And my uncle actually lives in St. Kilda lol not that that matters all that much, but it's kind of like a connection to the club lol
Living in St Kilda, or at least your uncle living in St Kilda helps a lot, after all I'm one of those supporters whose parents lived in St Kilda during the dark days of one win a year and that's how I ended up in red, white and black colours from a very early age.

And I'm sure there are plenty of others who grew up around St Kilda near the Junction Oval.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Tornateo wrote:
dragit wrote:Out of interest, have you posted on the Hawks and Dogs boards for them to plead a case too?

I have a friend who is a Dogs supporter, and he tried to sell me on his team (but I didn't want to pick a team purely because he told me to) So I started looking into mulitple teams. I did post on a Hawks forum asking basically the same thing I asked here. But in the end I felt...Hawthorn is just too successful for me to decide to be a fan of. Seems like they've won a lot of Grand Finals, and their fans seemed to think quite highly of the team.
Don't worry the fans of Hawthorn think highly of themselves as do their players.

Arrogant is the word that springs to mind.

Maybe I can help you turn against Hawthorn if I tell you their original nickname was "The Mayblooms" which they changed because they thought it was too sissy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

A lot of my mates are Hawks supporters. Man are they cocky/smug/arrogant at the moment. Especially when they "pretend" to keep a lid on it.
PAINFUL

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

welcome saint

and yes watch the movie Funny people- with Eric Bana- not a funny movie but Eric gets His Saints in there..

PS How many more US states can we now get in to...:)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Tornateo
Club Player

A few people were asking a little bit about me so I just thought i'd kind of introduce myself. I live in Idaho, it's in the North Western part of the US. There aren't any NFL teams in my state, or close by (No professional teams at all actually) So I just had to choose a team. I have been a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles since I was in elementary school (I THINK that's primary school for you guys...maybe)

Tornateo
Club Player

Also, I just watched the clip on You Tube of Eric Bana from Funny People, as many people on here have recommended. Cracked me up haha.

minneapolis
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Tornateo wrote:Wouldn't work, said since it only works for Australia...I am sure I can find highlights though on youtube or something. I'd love to see the full matches though.
i've PMed you a link which may help.

Bergholt,

can you PM me the link also please? I am an Aussie who lives in the USA and have been missing my footy for years now.

Thanks.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
minneapolis
Club Player

Hey Tornateo,

how have you been watching the Saints in the good old United Sates of Amazement? I live in MN and the last place I saw some AFL was on EPSN360 which has since been discontinued. Please PM me if you know something that I don't (which is easy!).

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saintkellerm
Club Player

Idaho, hey my sis lives in Boise. She has a soft spot for the Saints. I took her husband & son to their first footy game (coll vs Melbourne) he ended up barracking for Melbourne which I think was becoz of the name). I am a kiwi so I was brought up on rugby, but when I came here everyone was telling me who to barrack for, lucky I chose the saints. Love that they r the underdog, the colours and it has certainly been a ride for the 30+ years I have barracked for them, both the lows and the highs and the almost got their second premiership. But I would never change it. Welcome to the mighty saints family!

Have to agree with all of the above plus this forum is a lot of fun but can also be a source of frustration, meltdown esp if we lose.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Yo, Torn
Have travelled through Idaho, stayed a night in Cour D'Alene. Lovely scenery there!

I follow the Niners

Welcome to SS!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintkellerm wrote:Idaho, hey my sis lives in Boise.
Has she ever been on TV?

Or is she the one person from Boise who hasn't been on The Jerry Springer Show? :wink: :P