Why is Milera being dropped so often?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why is Milera being dropped so often?

S.A Saint wrote:Here are some of the stats for this season. I mean they dont paint the full story but all the forwards are pretty much in the same ball park the only difference is that saad and milera do have a few years on their side. I would personally be dropping milne for his efforts than the two others. Give him a few farewell games and call it a day for a great servant.

Milera Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
11.8 1 1.5 1.8 3.3

Milne Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
10.8 1.5 1.4 1 2.1

Saad Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
9.1 1.3 1.2 3.4 2.1

I think the only issue with that is that Saad and Milne are true stay at home forwards where Milera is expected to make his way all over the ground. Obviously he's not doing something the coaches want. I'm a fan of hims so I want to persist with him. He needs confidence and he constant bagging doesn't help. Raph admitted that it started weighing on him and effected his game.

S.A Saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:Here are some of the stats for this season. I mean they dont paint the full story but all the forwards are pretty much in the same ball park the only difference is that saad and milera do have a few years on their side. I would personally be dropping milne for his efforts than the two others. Give him a few farewell games and call it a day for a great servant.

Milera Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
11.8 1 1.5 1.8 3.3

Milne Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
10.8 1.5 1.4 1 2.1

Saad Disposals Goals Behinds Tackles I50
9.1 1.3 1.2 3.4 2.1

I think the only issue with that is that Saad and Milne are true stay at home forwards where Milera is expected to make his way all over the ground. Obviously he's not doing something the coaches want. I'm a fan of hims so I want to persist with him. He needs confidence and he constant bagging doesn't help. Raph admitted that it started weighing on him and effected his game.
I actually wouldnt mind seeing him across the half back like Leon Davis or on the wing for a few games just to see how he goes

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote: I actually wouldnt mind seeing him across the half back like Leon Davis or on the wing for a few games just to see how he goes
He'd probably go okay, but it wouldn't change the fact that he is a bit timid at times.

lewdogs
Club Player

He went back to the VFL and dominated, then only got a week. I think it's a bit disappointing. Into the idea of trying him somewhere else, has huge potential still in my opinion.

paddy
Club Player

The problem is that he can kick a bag against weak opposition in the VFL, but he just doesn't apply the pressure that is required at the AFL level, and doesn't seem to want to.... He is one of those guys who will shine in the VFL... but not at an AFL level... as kicking goals is only half of a forwards job these days....

obviously this is all just oppinion, but it seems he just doesn't have the attitude to cut it at the top level, and if that is the case, i say trade him out as attitude problems can spread...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Putting various stats aside, my general impression is that he has a bag of skills, but is just not physically strong enough and can't sustain pressure for four quarters.