Dayle Garlett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintTom
Club Player

Re: Dayle Garlett

I don't see how he can possibly be so bad off the field as to offset the potential benefits of throwing our final pick at him. We could have used pick 100 on him last year, there's no risk in that. He's not going to bring those around him down, you'd just sit him down and put strict restrictions on him behaviour wise and hope the older guys can show him the way. Have zero tolerance with him, and if he proves to be a waste, well, just de-list him and you've only wasted your last pick on the draft which is generally far more speculative than that anyway, if you even take it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wonder whether Carlton regret getting Fev who won two colemans?!

Brisbane regret the disruptive Akermanis who won a Brownlow 3 premierships, and 300 games

WC regret recruiting bad boy BC a Captain, Brownlow, 4 B&Fs, Premiership medal

Sydney regret recruiting a nut case like Barry Hall who got suspended every second week a Premiership Captain or Lazy arse Nick Davis who probably won them a premiership.

Richmond recruited Dustin Martin with pick 3? What a risk?

Everitt, the dual AA, B&F and 281 game Star

Jack Darling... Passed on because of attitude?!

Would take any of these over a choirboy nerd who can't get a kick!

The only attitude I could core less about in recruiting is their attitude at the contest and can they win the footy and use it?! The rest can be left to the coaching/leadership group to deal with. I do draw the line with at poor moral behaviour (ie/ thief, woman basher, rapist, dealer) which is

Another joke
Judd, Selwood, Trengrove sliding because of injuries???

Said it many times
Recruiting priority 1
Can the person play!!!!

They should stop looking for reasons not to recruit and look at the obvious.

If we recruited Gartlett with a Rookie selection in 2012 how would people have felt about that?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BigMart;

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU

The club is always looking to house new recruits in stable homes. Perhaps you could contact the club and offer to house Dayle at your home for a year or so if we choose to pick him up !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Of course it is that simple. thats why every club passed on him. Even Essendon where he trained and they saw what he was like but of course you know all about him. Not sure what your examples have to do with this guy. I suppose you are just building to a an i told you so thread.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Certainly would not take him with pick 3-6 next year but worth looking at in round 2 and beyond.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If Swan Districts leadership can tame him.... Surely a $20M dollar organisation with a full time player welfare director, a player development academy, a coach who worked in teenage corrections and comes from junior development background, a leadership group containing two legends..... An assistant coaching group containing a former league coach, a former U18 coach/AFL development coach, 2 club greatsA VFL coach from an u18 background, WAFL premiership coach.... Can be as effective as a WAFL team with a part time structure

Is Jayme Graham no good?

Would he be too much for Watter?

Are Lenny and Nick effective leaders?

Concerned you don't trust the club to develop and improve a young man?

He seems to be going alright this year??

He will be drafted by a club this year, by a club that is strong enough to take on the challenge.... Sad that we aren't a 'strong' club.... Perhaps because of lack of courage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If Swan Districts leadership can tame him.... Surely a $20M dollar organisation with a full time player welfare director, a player development academy, a coach who worked in teenage corrections and comes from junior development background, a leadership group containing two legends..... An assistant coaching group containing a former league coach, a former U18 coach/AFL development coach, 2 club greatsA VFL coach from an u18 background, WAFL premiership coach.... Can be as effective as a WAFL team with a part time structure

Is Jayme Graham no good?

Would he be too much for Watter?

Are Lenny and Nick effective leaders?

Concerned you don't trust the club to develop and improve a young man?

He seems to be going alright this year??

He will be drafted by a club this year, by a club that is strong enough to take on the challenge.... Sad that we aren't a 'strong' club.... Perhaps because of lack of courage.

Sorry but people writing on here saying we shouldnt get him doesnt mean the club wont but you default position is always to bag the club. You really are loving us going down the ladder. I just dont get people like you. If you are unhappy with our club which is painfully obvious then dont support them. Go to those much stronger clubs with the winning history like geelong and Sydney who never had any winning history in the last 40 years until they actually won the club. You must be getting excited today. Its looks a tough game for the Saints and probably cant win so the posts will triple today.

70s sainter
Club Player

There's a lot to be said about the fact that he's at home in Perth surrounded by friends /family etc. living in melbourne with heaps of spare time could see him bored and in trouble. Who knows.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I don't take in boarders, I have my own kids to worry about... Other people do that for whatever reasons?...

Maybe removal from those people would probably benefit him? And having live in both cities... I know which one can be more boring...

SMS
Club Player

Have to give it a go. If we dont we are a joke. You watch the hawks or cats get him and he'll become a great player.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:BigMart;

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU

The club is always looking to house new recruits in stable homes. Perhaps you could contact the club and offer to house Dayle at your home for a year or so if we choose to pick him up !!
good point

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Hughjarce
Club Player

We will definitely look at him at this years draft, unfortunately he will come with a high price tag (top 20 at least).

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Plenty of better talent available and with the application required at the elite level.

Lewis Taylor from the Geelong Falcons is a boomer Harvey clone and would be a great get for us as he is a goal scoring mid.

noob
Club Player

Don't need players with character we need footballers that dominate.