I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

plugger66 wrote:
happy feet wrote:I'm sorry but the buck stops on Hird's desk. No ifs, no buts. He has placed himself above the players, the club and the game itself. The position he holds carries opportunities for rewards, adulation even, but also responsibilities which if taken too lightly carry dire consequences. I always though Hird was a great leader but a great leader would have stood aside while all this was being sorted. Especially given Jobes revelation and the risk of losing the brownlow, he should have taken some of the heat this week and stood down

Fair enough. i will ask you a question then. Do you think any player from any club would check with ASADA if something they were getting is ok if the clubs doctor and other people at the club said it was all legal? Remember this is 2011 before all this publicity occurred.
Plugger, swimmers were educated on all things drugs/ASADA/checking from about the age of 14, and that was back in the early 90's. I'm sure that the AFLPA's education programs would have been further advanced than that, especially in 2011-12. I recall part of the swimmers education was to give a group of them a cup of red cordial each, then ask them what they had just drank and what the ramifications could be. This program was run by VERY TRUSTED Swimming Officials !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:Depends on the intelligence of the player. Some would, some wouldn't. With the amount of injections they were getting, the players should have been more diligent. So should have Warnie with that bloody diet pill.
Well i will disagree with that. If you cant trust your club doctor then who can you trust. my daughter did elite gymnastics for a few years and she got a lot of injuries. Everytime she got injured we went to the doctor to see what she could take legally. we didnt once think of looking on the ASADA wbsite because we trusted the doctor. Players also trust their doctors. They arent going to say im not having that today until I look on the website and even if they did they would have seen it wasnt banned. Like i said this was 2011. No one was talking like we are now and even now I reckon most players would still just take the word of the club doctor.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
happy feet wrote:I'm sorry but the buck stops on Hird's desk. No ifs, no buts. He has placed himself above the players, the club and the game itself. The position he holds carries opportunities for rewards, adulation even, but also responsibilities which if taken too lightly carry dire consequences. I always though Hird was a great leader but a great leader would have stood aside while all this was being sorted. Especially given Jobes revelation and the risk of losing the brownlow, he should have taken some of the heat this week and stood down

Fair enough. i will ask you a question then. Do you think any player from any club would check with ASADA if something they were getting is ok if the clubs doctor and other people at the club said it was all legal? Remember this is 2011 before all this publicity occurred.
Plugger, swimmers were educated on all things drugs/ASADA/checking from about the age of 14, and that was back in the early 90's. I'm sure that the AFLPA's education programs would have been further advanced than that, especially in 2011-12. I recall part of the swimmers education was to give a group of them a cup of red cordial each, then ask them what they had just drank and what the ramifications could be. This program was run by VERY TRUSTED Swimming Officials !!

Still think swimmers would trust their own doctor but even if they didnt they would have seen the product wasnt on the banned list. Players take things all the timebecause they trust the doctors and the fitness people. And I speak from a fair bit of experience.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

There must be quite a few delusional people at Essendon if they think they are all going to get off with a reprimand...

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hey Plugger, the swimmers were told to ALWAYS CHECK and NOT rely on their doctor because of the rule that makes EVERY athlete ultimately responsible for what goes into their body. I dare say that footballers might pay a bit more attention from now on. As you say, they trust the club doctor and those in authority at the club, something I suspect they are told NOT TO DO !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

They are certainly informed that they should check with ASADA and that any responsibility for whatever they take is the players. The onus is definitely on the player, regardless of whether or not they can be bothered checking, or are convinced by unscrupulous officials that all is fine.

Otherwise a rogue sports scientist, and a coach with no sense of morality, or responsibility towards his players could have the playing group injected with all sorts of banned and dodgy substances. Some of which might not even be approved for human consumption. Of course hopefully no one would ever stoop that low.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They are certainly informed that they should check with ASADA and that any responsibility for whatever they take is the players. The onus is definitely on the player, regardless of whether or not they can be bothered checking, or are convinced by unscrupulous officials that all is fine.

Otherwise a rogue sports scientist, and a coach with no sense of morality, or responsibility towards his players could have the playing group injected with all sorts of banned and dodgy substances. Some of which might not even be approved for human consumption. Of course hopefully no one would ever stoop that low.

Yes I know what they are suppossed to do. Im telling you what some players did only 3 years ago. They trusted the club. Ask nearly any player at our club what they did 2 or 3 years ago. they trusted the club. Im betting most dont now and I betting most did 2 years ago.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Effing channel 7 are now saying its a disgrace that the Weagles fans are booing Jobe.

Clearly it's an AFL directive to spout shyte like that!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Effing channel 7 are now saying its a disgrace that the Weagles fans are booing Jobe.

Maybe as they are all ex players they actually think that. I also heard they want him to be king hit.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:From the TV it appears that West Coast fans are "Giving It" to Jobe Watson every time he gets the ball. Can clearly hear the boos through the TV !!
And so they or any opposition supporters should!

You must be disappointed he hasnt been king hit?
Listen d**khead you seem to think it's not OK that Jobe is being jeered so I won't answer your question.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Effing channel 7 are now saying its a disgrace that the Weagles fans are booing Jobe.

Maybe as they are all ex players they actually think that. I also heard they want him to be king hit.
Gee you are just slightly naive if you really believe that.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Well i will disagree with that. If you cant trust your club doctor then who can you trust. my daughter did elite gymnastics for a few years and she got a lot of injuries. Everytime she got injured we went to the doctor to see what she could take legally. we didnt once think of looking on the ASADA wbsite because we trusted the doctor.
And if your doctor injected your daughter with a substance called AOD9604 or something similar, you'd just go with that too...

There's trusting your doctor, then there's 40 injections in an off site facility...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Gee you are just slightly naive if you really believe that.

I 100% beleive that based on talking with a few players over the last few weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Well i will disagree with that. If you cant trust your club doctor then who can you trust. my daughter did elite gymnastics for a few years and she got a lot of injuries. Everytime she got injured we went to the doctor to see what she could take legally. we didnt once think of looking on the ASADA wbsite because we trusted the doctor.
And if your doctor injected your daughter with a substance called AOD9604 or something similar, you'd just go with that too...

There's trusting your doctor, then there's 40 injections in an off site facility...

I would ask why and if everything seemed above board I would then say no worries. Matter of fact thinking about it she probably got 10 or so injections in a 4 week period at one stage on her knee. Do people actually think players dont get injections during the season? There are plenty who get vitamins during the year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Will you just shut up Darcy you complete suckhole...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok fair enough plugger but I think then perhaps the players must be out of touch with reality.

Essendon are drug cheats, Jobe admits he's taken a banned drug and is allowed to play, so why wouldn't opposition fans give him the hell he rightfully deserves.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Ok fair enough plugger but I think then perhaps the players must be out of touch with reality.

Essendon are drug cheats, Jobe admits he's taken a banned drug and is allowed to play, so why wouldn't opposition fans give him the hell he rightfully deserves.

Why are you asking me that? cant remember saying they shouldnt boo. I wouldnt but I wouldnt boo anyone. i have no idea what boo even means. And i think the players live in reality. We are the ones all guessing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
![/quote][/quote]

Firstly happy feet was talking bout Hird and you deflected it.

Secondly if you were a seasoned player and then suddenly you start getting multiple frequent injections off site when you ain't injured and which was way out of whack with your entire career - which happened in this instance - then yes you would check with asada.

They have a hotline and you can remain anonymous.

You are defending the undefensable
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 27 Jun 2013 11:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Will you just shut up Darcy you complete suckhole...

Why? He stood up for Milney all those times as well. :roll:

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Commentary on channel 7 makes you wanna puke!! Jobe is getting booed because he has admitted to taking something other than vitamins and we ALL had doubts about was taken, but now there's an admission of multiple injections of banned drugs!! He 'believed' at the time that it was not a banned substance, but we NOW all agree that AOD9604 is a BANNED substance.

btw p66, your little anecdotes are very interesting and I'm sure they'll help Jobe and EFC. Be sure to pass them onto the bombers defense team won't you

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes I know what they are suppossed to do. Im telling you what some players did only 3 years ago. They trusted the club. Ask nearly any player at our club what they did 2 or 3 years ago. they trusted the club. Im betting most dont now and I betting most did 2 years ago.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that a majority of players trust the officials at their club. That in no way alters the fact that the onus is on the player.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Firstly happy feet was talking bout Hird and you deflected it.

Secondly if you were a seasoned player and then suddenly you start getting multiple frequent injections off site then yes you would check with asada which was way out of whack with your entire career - which happened in this instance .
They have a hotline and you can remain anonymous.

You are defending the undefensable

You have played how many games of AFL footy? You would now. Would you check? Obviously not unless you think every player wanted to cheat. And Im not defending anyone. Im pointing out things that i actually know. And i answered the question on Hird. You know about law and im a brain surgeon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that a majority of players trust the officials at their club. That in no way alters the fact that the onus is on the player.

I have never said it wasnt and thats why they will get 6 months if found guilty.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have never said it wasnt and thats why they will get 6 months if found guilty.
Sure. Any player that confessed from day one will only get 6 months if found guilty.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Plugger
Do you know what a strict liability offence is ?
As I said. If you want to know what I know about the law pm me
I am 100% certain it is significantly more than you .
I'm am certain.