Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: trade rumours

spot on wrote:Patton was pick 1 only couple years ago, can't imagine getting another pick in return
Players that are mooted to go top 10 miss drafts completely due to injury.
2 years with 2 serious injuries sort of puts Patton in a high risk category, so they can't expect the same as what they paid for him.

Kickit
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I would be happy if the deal was pick three and Mcevoy/Fisher for Paton, Bruce, and pick 9. Maybe they could add their 3rd round as well since they probably wont use it.
erk I'd Value McEvoy as similar to Patton. So that then gives us Bruce and pick 3 for pick 9?

noob
Club Player

Not a rumour but would a player like Savage from Hawthorn be a good fit for St.Kilda? Kicked 5 on the weekend but can't crack a game in a good hawks line up.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just on the trade Dal Santo .. i think it would be better for us to let him go in free agency rather than trade him ... as a free agent our compo SHOULD be similar to the BJ compo so a pick in the first round (possibley directly after our pick or at the end of the first round)... trading him i doubt we would get that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:just on the trade Dal Santo .. i think it would be better for us to let him go in free agency rather than trade him ... as a free agent our compo SHOULD be similar to the BJ compo so a pick in the first round (possibley directly after our pick or at the end of the first round)... trading him i doubt we would get that

He would be a second rounder. His age and the salary would be against him being the same type of pick as BJ.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Not a rumour but would a player like Savage from Hawthorn be a good fit for St.Kilda? Kicked 5 on the weekend but can't crack a game in a good hawks line up.

Nice footskills.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:just on the trade Dal Santo .. i think it would be better for us to let him go in free agency rather than trade him ... as a free agent our compo SHOULD be similar to the BJ compo so a pick in the first round (possibley directly after our pick or at the end of the first round)... trading him i doubt we would get that

He would be a second rounder. His age and the salary would be against him being the same type of pick as BJ.
Also means that we can't bring any free agents in without diluting the compo...

But maybe there aren't any free agents that suit us this year...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

What about Josh Caddy? :)

Oops, that was last year! :oops: :(

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

I agree that he would only be a second rounder in free agency too. Best case for us (if we were trading him) is to trade him to someone with salary cap pressures but who has a good pick, say between 10-15, like a Richmond. We have space in the cap so we work out a deal where we pay say, $250-$300k toward his contract for a year or two and we get an 'overs' style arrangement with the trade.

Richmond (or similar - even Carlton or Filth could be in that bracket) get a gun for a few years to help them challenge, Saints get a gun to help with the rebuild.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I suggest Dal might warrant an end of first round pick, which would probably be pick 20. I would accept that.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like they have activated the contract clause, in which case he is no longer a free agent.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Were are officially NOT shopping players around..................................................yet

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-09-2 ... ars-around

Before Im 85
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I agree that he would only be a second rounder in free agency too. Best case for us (if we were trading him) is to trade him to someone with salary cap pressures but who has a good pick, say between 10-15, like a Richmond. We have space in the cap so we work out a deal where we pay say, $250-$300k toward his contract for a year or two...
Does that ever happen in AFL? I know it happens a lot in other sports but I don't recall it actually happening here?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
St Ick wrote:I agree that he would only be a second rounder in free agency too. Best case for us (if we were trading him) is to trade him to someone with salary cap pressures but who has a good pick, say between 10-15, like a Richmond. We have space in the cap so we work out a deal where we pay say, $250-$300k toward his contract for a year or two...
Does that ever happen in AFL? I know it happens a lot in other sports but I don't recall it actually happening here?
I have a feeling I have heard of it in the past, maybe the Fev deal? I can't really comment as to whether it is commonplace or not as I'm not privy to that sort of info but if it was possible, and legal, then I'd jump at it.

It would mean Dal Santo is quite well rewarded financially for his loyalty, we get a better pick than perhaps Dal commands, the other club has an absolute elite player for their tilt at the flag, everyone wins.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I have a feeling I have heard of it in the past, maybe the Fev deal? I can't really comment as to whether it is commonplace or not as I'm not privy to that sort of info but if it was possible, and legal, then I'd jump at it.

It would mean Dal Santo is quite well rewarded financially for his loyalty, we get a better pick than perhaps Dal commands, the other club has an absolute elite player for their tilt at the flag, everyone wins.
This can happen and is what club should be looking at.

Richmond especially. Huge cap pressure.

Will land us a pick in the early teens.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

You'd think dal played for free. Some in here think he's mother Teresa

bergsone
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:You'd think dal played for free. Some in here think he's mother Teresa
Mother Teresa no
Good footballer yes

spot on
Club Player

Just wondering if anyone has any info or video on josh Kelly , seems he is firming to be pick at our 3 pick. Personally I would prefer sharberg. As a 190 , 90 kg mid sounds better to me, if he is anything like a fyfe or Goddard. Kelly for what I have heard is a gaff or scully type, and the seem easily tagged in the
Modern game

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

spot on wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any info or video on josh Kelly , seems he is firming to be pick at our 3 pick. Personally I would prefer sharberg. As a 190 , 90 kg mid sounds better to me, if he is anything like a fyfe or Goddard. Kelly for what I have heard is a gaff or scully type, and the seem easily tagged in the
Modern game
Search him in YouTube there's a few vids of him on there.

Kelly is definitely outside but he's elite in speed and endurance. His testing in last years combine was off the charts. The Scully and Gaff comparison is accurate.

Not sure if Sharenberg becomes a mid he's more of a flanker/swingman type like Hodge and Goddard.

Both would be good choices IMO.

spot on
Club Player

Cheers old mate

mohannair
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
spot on wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any info or video on josh Kelly , seems he is firming to be pick at our 3 pick. Personally I would prefer sharberg. As a 190 , 90 kg mid sounds better to me, if he is anything like a fyfe or Goddard. Kelly for what I have heard is a gaff or scully type, and the seem easily tagged in the
Modern game
Search him in YouTube there's a few vids of him on there.

Kelly is definitely outside but he's elite in speed and endurance. His testing in last years combine was off the charts. The Scully and Gaff comparison is accurate.

Not sure if Sharenberg becomes a mid he's more of a flanker/swingman type like Hodge and Goddard.

Both would be good choices IMO.
Provided we do not trade Pick 3. :)

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

mohannair wrote:
Provided we do not trade Pick 3. :)
IF they trade pick 3, it would have to be for something truly outstanding IMHO. I will fair dinkum blow a gasket if there is any trade involving pick 3 and an unproven player like Bruce or Delaney and a 2nd round pick, or swap of picks. If they have done their homework properly, there is no reason not to expect pick 3 in the draft to be a future 200 gamer player and potential future top 3 B&F. I think I understand what they were trying to do with picks 12 & 13 last year, but I don't believe the same approach with a pick as valuable as pick 3 is appropriate.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I hope we still have a really good look maverick Weller. he was an outstanding underage footballer- not that much can change surely. I hope we look at some really speculative choices and play brave. Port got Neade like we got Saad and Milera. They got Colquhoun for free as a rookie and Kane Mitchell from the WAFL. All had a good positive impact.

Kernal75
Club Player

I think Pelchen is on record as saying we won't be trading our first pick. If anything we will be looking a a trade that involves us getting another first round pick!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I hope we still have a really good look maverick Weller. he was an outstanding underage footballer- not that much can change surely. I hope we look at some really speculative choices and play brave. Port got Neade like we got Saad and Milera. They got Colquhoun for free as a rookie and Kane Mitchell from the WAFL. All had a good positive impact.

How many players do you want to delist to get these really speculative picks.