Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Eastern wrote:Would I be upsetting many people on here if I said that I DON'T WANT JONATHON PATTON at our club? !!
Upset people???

On here???

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

However Eastern, I for one would be very interested to hear your reasoning...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:.

i think a lot on here over value what Fishers price would be to other teams ... remember last year Brian Lake and pick 27 were traded for pick 21 ..... and lets be honest here fishers season this year and Lakes season in 2012 were both underwhelming ... both also had "attitude" problems ... in my opinion Fisher would have the same value as lake would of had
Yep.
No way Fisher is worth than more Lake - and Lake was almost given away for free.
Lake looked at cooked as Fisher 12 months ago... fat, overpaid & injured. The Dogs were also happy to get rid of his massive contract as it was hugely restrictive on what they were trying to do.

The difference here is that the buyer is a new club, cashed up with dollars & picks.... & almost totally devoid of experience. No one wants to go to Western Sydney so they have to overpay in terms of both money & compensation to a club for a contracted player.

The more experienced players that shun them the more desperate they will be to get someone in.

Now we just need to hope that Heef Shaw knocks them back....

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Would be hilarious if I called it correctly - just made it up although I was told we were chasing an outside mid in the Bruce deal

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Actually was told we were targeting an outside mid not necessarily in the Bruce deal

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Lake is also 195cm which makes him a rare commodity (as we know)
Fisher at 191cm.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I bet GWS will play hardball with the deal--nothing goes easy for us when it comes to trading.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Hawks will land 2 first round picks now, they may be able to cherry pick from everyone's deals. The upside, there should be a flood of Sydney players available...Everitt already on the market after a career best season.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: Yep.
No way Fisher is worth than more Lake - and Lake was almost given away for free.
Lake was a fat turd on 500K who couldn't be arsed training unless the team was vying for a flag…

It was a gift to Hawthorn and it relieved the dogs of a massive wasted salary…

He is obviously worth more than a small pick upgrade… but it was a win/win trade.

Fisher is not worth too much right now though, mainly because injuries have prevented him from playing much footy recently.

Fisher would be very handy for GWS for the next 2 years and they don't need Bruce who is all potential at this stage… it would be a reasonable swap.
And the Lake trade is not completely accurate...

It was Lake and 27 for 21 and 41....Considering where Lake was in his career, it was a very good trade for the Dogs. In the end it got them Koby Stevens and Nathan Hrovat.
sorry old mate i forgot pick 41 ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
AP Erebus
Club Player

Thought this was an interesting line in a story on AFL.com.au
As it stands there appears to be disagreement within the St Kilda camp on what the Dal Santo move should look like.

Watters wants the 29-year-old to stay, the list management team disagrees.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/s ... -stability

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its good we may be getting delaney, Bruce and Bugg and losing dal and Fisher. its good if we want to be down for longer than I thought. we need mids. yes we need one key back but im not sure we need 2 in the one year especially as one is no good IMO and Bugg is just a BP players.

Why has our name not been mantioned when any good mid has been available. Maybe SW or pelchan are hoping the game will change and mids wont matter. I see me winning tatts before that happens and yes i know we will get Aish but if we are thinking one mid will help especially as we will lose dal as well then we have issues high up.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I believe bugg offers more than a back pocket but that's just my opinion. Agree we don't need two key backs in 1 year. Need to maintain our draft position also

#1 Ryder fan
Kickit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Its good we may be getting delaney, Bruce and Bugg and losing dal and Fisher. its good if we want to be down for longer than I thought. we need mids. yes we need one key back but im not sure we need 2 in the one year especially as one is no good IMO and Bugg is just a BP players.

Why has our name not been mantioned when any good mid has been available. Maybe SW or pelchan are hoping the game will change and mids wont matter. I see me winning tatts before that happens and yes i know we will get Aish but if we are thinking one mid will help especially as we will lose dal as well then we have issues high up.
2 backs gives us insurance on the very likely chance one wont work.
1 of them is only 21 and is quite Athletic , the other is probably far more of a second tier workman like player ( maybe comparable to having Maister in the forward line ).
I guess we should hope that Bruce eventually becomes the man.

Talls take longer than mids to develop, we see mids come straight out of the draft like Wines, Toumpas etc , and they impact immediately. You cant say the same for Rucks , Forwards and Full backs. Pelchan and co are sorting out the first things first.

We have Ross, Webster, Curren, Armitage ,Geary, Steven, Saunders currently developing in the midfield ( Bugg would allow Geary to play mid ). We will probably take more in the draft.
No point going for the big midfield trade now. It would be nearly as stupid as if the Blues had traded a promising young forward and draft picks for a gun midfielder 5 years before they were ready to have a crack at finals....... oh they actually did that.

No seriously , we are filling the long term massive holes in the list, then , once our young players have a few years under their hat we can look at what is needed to fix any remaining problems.
Right now we don't know which of the above young players will be doing what ( 2 more years ) , and we don't know what we'll have from this draft ( 3 more years ).

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its good we may be getting delaney, Bruce and Bugg and losing dal and Fisher. its good if we want to be down for longer than I thought. we need mids. yes we need one key back but im not sure we need 2 in the one year especially as one is no good IMO and Bugg is just a BP players.

1 of them is only 21 and is quite Athletic , the other is probably far more of a second tier workman like player ( maybe comparable to having Maister in the forward line ).

Talls take longer than mids to develop, we see mids come straight out of the draft like Wines, Toumpas etc , and they impact immediately. You cant say the same for Rucks , Forwards and Full backs. Pelchan and co are sorting out the first things first.

We have Ross, Webster, Curren, Armitage ,Geary, Steven, Saunders currently developing in the midfield ( Bugg would allow Geary to play mid ). We will probably take more in the draft.
No point going for the big midfield trade now. It would be nearly as stupid as if the Blues had traded a promising young forward and draft picks for a gun midfielder 5 years before they were ready to have a crack at finals....... oh they actually did that.

No seriously , we are filling the long term massive holes in the list, then , once our young players have a few years under their hat we can look at what is needed to fix any remaining problems.
Right now we don't know which of the above young players will be doing what ( 2 more years ) , and we don't know what we'll have from this draft ( 3 more years ).
Backlines need to develop together and take a couple of years, Delany at 28 with Bruce at 24 would be a good balance...as long as Delaney comes cheaply I don't see an issue, we have a gap in our list, it needs to be filled....

Megamaguire
Club Player

Sw and co may really believe that Steven; Ross; Curren;Wright and Murdoch will succeed and estab. themselves as genuine St.K. mids - wow if they feel that as a real possibility
However I agree with Plugger that Aish (if we draft him) is a 'potentiall' great start for St.Kilda this year but another genuinely good mid prospect or 2 (gettin greedy?) is needed to drive the team forward.
Rather see that and get Bruce for example. We deserve some luck so maybe Delaney for the psd.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Hawks will land 2 first round picks now, they may be able to cherry pick from everyone's deals. The upside, there should be a flood of Sydney players available...Everitt already on the market after a career best season.
Looks like only one compo first round (?) DP to the bigtime Hawker for Franklin......if they don't match Swans offer

'I vaguely remember skimming over couple posts saying Hawks would get two picks as compo for Buddy, well that was never going happen.

@AFL_petryan 36s
The @AFL just clarified that @HawthornFC could only get one pick as compensation for Buddy if they choose not to match @sydneyswans offer'

From BF Saints board
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 08 Oct 2013 5:59pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Kickit wrote:

Backlines need to develop together and take a couple of years, Delany at 28 with Bruce at 24 would be a good balance...as long as Delaney comes cheaply I don't see an issue, we have a gap in our list, it needs to be filled....

Interesting theory that we get 2 because one may not work out. If we are going to recruit like that then we are officially a joke. it is the perfect time to get a great young mid from another club. I aint talking a Thomas age player Im talking a Adams age player. And Maverick backlines do need time to work together but it wont help when one is maybe in the seconds or not there in a year or two. And yes we have a gap in the list and that is the the midfield especially with Dal maybe going. The gap at FB should be filled by Bruce. We dont need 2 of them. Delaney may also come cheap but he takes another spot on the list that again cant be filled by a mid.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
Kickit wrote:

Interesting theory that we get 2 because one may not work out. If we are going to recruit like that then we are officially a joke. it is the perfect time to get a great young mid from another club. I aint talking a Thomas age player Im talking a Adams age player. And Maverick backlines do need time to work together but it wont help when one is maybe in the seconds or not there in a year or two. And yes we have a gap in the list and that is the the midfield especially with Dal maybe going. The gap at FB should be filled by Bruce. We dont need 2 of them. Delaney may also come cheap but he takes another spot on the list that again cant be filled by a mid.
So are you saying we need only 1 KPB on our list, I guess where we differ is that I think Delaney can play, time will tell, for me we need two tall backs on the primary list and one ideally on the rookie list, Bruce is the one we really need...

If we need to free up room on the list then ship off mid sized players that can't run through the middle, from both ends of the ground....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Agree with plugs

Need mids and quality as priority - sure want a key back but chasing 2 and losing Dal for a crap pick replacement is daft

Gonna be a long rebuild hoping the kids we have are our mid future

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

So are you saying we need only 1 KPB on our list, I guess where we differ is that I think Delaney can play, time will tell, for me we need two tall backs on the primary list and one ideally on the rookie list, Bruce is the one we really need...

If we need to free up room on the list then ship off mid sized players that can't run through the middle, from both ends of the ground....

No we probably eventually need 3 but we dont need to rush into it and get 2 in the one year especially if we lose another mid. A FB wont help if the ball is contantly getting down there quickly because we continue to get smashed in the middle. And I agree we need to get rid of mid sized players who cant run through the middle but that isnt going to happen. They are all signed and i doubt we would delist more than one signed player and none of the others are really tradable. Our midfield will be worse than last year the way we are going about things. And you are right about Delaney. I really rate him but happy with Bruce.

PJ
SS Life Member

Delaney 28???

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 2v4dx.html

'Greater Western Sydney has asked for pick 21 for defender Josh Bruce, a former zone player who is out of contract after playing 14 games in two years. Sam Fisher has been linked with the Giants, but their current priority is Collingwood defender Heath Shaw."

gws would have to be joking...we can get him for nothing in the pre
-season draft....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 2v4dx.html

'Greater Western Sydney has asked for pick 21 for defender Josh Bruce, a former zone player who is out of contract after playing 14 games in two years. Sam Fisher has been linked with the Giants, but their current priority is Collingwood defender Heath Shaw."

gws would have to be joking...we can get him for nothing in the pre
-season draft....

We should offer Jaksche and Corr big money then just to spook them.

lloyd21
Club Player

Actually need 4

Bruce trade

Delaney Psd

Giles draft

Nick Rodda rookie list

They will with draft picks 1 & 2 pick midfielders & must keep Dal

You have no fisher , no Gwilt , no Dempster shortly you have to have 3 talls in backline because all sides are going to rest a tall because of AFL bench changes next year.
Must cut TDL & rookie list Saad.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Could we not be linked with Delaney? God he is crap

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Can we get Bruce in the psd?

#1 Ryder fan