Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

From Big Footy;

3 way deal. St K, Bris & Port

Involves Longer, Polec (Bris to Port) and Stanley

We lose Stanley & Pick 19

We gain Longer & Pick 14

If true, sounds pretty good !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saint 58
Club Player

Yeah a tough one coz as I said 14 is high but we can't just have a bunch of kids running around out there.
Stanley should be given a rocket up the ass & be given 2014 to step up.
He's played enough now, had enough experience & I think he could do it !

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Statsman
Club Player

Eastern wrote:From Big Footy;

We gain Longer & Pick 14

Where do we sign? Pelchen would need about 0.3 seconds to think about that before accepting it.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Saint 58
Club Player

How does that work ?
We get Longer & 14
Port get Stanley & Polec
Bris only get 19 ...

Did I miss something ?

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Statsman wrote:

We gain Longer & Pick 14

Where do we sign? Pelchen would need about 0.3 seconds to think about that before accepting it.
That isn't based on any rumour--it is pure speculation. I would wait until next week to see what the real deal is. I'm pretty sure we would just be aiming to give Brisbane pick 25.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

We gain Longer & Pick 14

I think you're referring to my suggestion on Big Footy however pick 25 was part of the deal. Not a rumour, just a hypothetical.

StK
14 (via Port) & Longer

Port
Polec & Stanley

Bris
19 & 25 (both picks via StK)

We then head to the draft with 3, 14 & 18.

Saint 58
Club Player

We lose 19 and 25 AND Stanley ?
No chance

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote:We lose 19 and 25 AND Stanley ?
No chance
Like I said, just I suggestion I made up.

Effectively
Stanley <---> Longer
19 & 25 <---> 14

I personally like it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:

We gain Longer & Pick 14

I think you're referring to my suggestion on Big Footy however pick 25 was part of the deal. Not a rumour, just a hypothetical.

StK
14 (via Port) & Longer

Port
Polec & Stanley

Bris

Old Mate, brilliant suggestion, and makes the most sense to be honest for all parties involved - not fantastic for Lions, but far from the worst scenario for them considering some info being bandied around about what Port/Adelaide were prepared to give up. If that eventuates, we get Longer, Savage, Delaney, Bruce, keep pick 3 and use 14 & 18 (maybe rookie Jolly), for what, Dal Santo, Stanley and McEvoy?! That is a bloody HUGE outcome and one I am very comfortable with! Seems too good to be true, even if we were forced to use pick 18 for Longer, those players, and pick 3, 14 and 25 is still a great trade period.

Didn't you also come up with the other one for Bruce? Ie, 41 for Bruce, then 41 for Everitt? You are doing well and I dare say your talents are wasted on a forum!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

We gain Longer & Pick 14

StK
14 (via Port) & Longer

Port
Polec & Stanley

Bris

Old Mate, brilliant suggestion, and makes the most sense to be honest for all parties involved - not fantastic for Lions, but far from the worst scenario for them considering some info being bandied around about what Port/Adelaide were prepared to give up. If that eventuates, we get Longer, Savage, Delaney, Bruce, keep pick 3 and use 14 & 18 (maybe rookie Jolly), for what, Dal Santo, Stanley and McEvoy?! That is a bloody HUGE outcome and one I am very comfortable with! Seems too good to be true, even if we were forced to use pick 18 for Longer, those players, and pick 3, 14 and 25 is still a great trade period.

Didn't you also come up with the other one for Bruce? Ie, 41 for Bruce, then 41 for Everitt? You are doing well and I dare say your talents are wasted on a forum!
Thanks mate, too much time on my hands, it would seem.

Saint 58
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
No chance
Like I said, just I suggestion I made up.

Effectively
Stanley <---> Longer
19 & 25 <---> 14

I personally like it.
Even though I prefer to keep Stanley, I'm starting to like it too.
Just realized we upgrade from 19 & 25 to 14 :)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

No chance
Saint 58, we lose 19, 25 & Stanley.

We GAIN 14 and Longer (#8 pick two years ago who is travelling along just fine). I'd be shocked if Longer wouldn't be rated top 10 on talent this year if he were in this draft - considering the lack of decent talls. As for losing Stanley, he is potential potential potential, but he is still an unknown quantity - how would we play Longer, Hickey, Stanley, White, Rooey and Lee? I don't know if Rhys is open to moving, but really, I say cash in to get Longer to us.

That is amazing, imagine Freeman, Bontempelli, Crouch or Sheed (likely to have one of these guys slide to 14) in Saints colours next year, to go with Aish/Kelly and Dumont! Upgrade Curren and we are massive winners in the offseason and have almost fixed up all of the issues that our list had in one single trade period! Happy days!!

Strength through Loyalty
Saint 58
Club Player

Yep have to agree ...
I posted before without thinking it through ;)

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Saint 58 wrote:Yep have to agree ...
I posted before without thinking it through ;)
:wink: All good, the only problem I can see is that SS or BF is not in charge of making our trades!

Strength through Loyalty
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:As for losing Stanley, he is potential potential potential, but he is still an unknown quantity - how would we play Longer, Hickey, Stanley, White, Rooey and Lee?
Just thought about this... with next years top 5 looking to have 3/4 tall forwards or backs, and us looking to finish pretty low I dare say, can we afford to get yet ANOTHER tall forward such as Goddard or McCartin and keep Rhys on the list?? Goes against what they said about not having any other players on the table... but honestly, how could we not consider it now?

Strength through Loyalty
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Whilst this deal doesn't affect us, I'm a fraction confused as to how this one works. Surely the pies didn't only give up picks 31 and 49 to get White and an upgrade to pick 6?

"Jesse White will become a Collingwood player as early as Monday, with the Magpies gaining the Sydney forward in a three-way trade that also has netted the Magpies pick No. 6 in the national draft.
Collingwood, West Coast and Sydney have agreed to a deal in which the Pies will move from pick 11 to pick 6, the Eagles will gain pick 31 from Collingwood, and Sydney will receive West Coast's pick 44. The Pies have also given up pick 49."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... z2iAT7v0ce

Always loyal
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SemperFidelis wrote:Whilst this deal doesn't affect us, I'm a fraction confused as to how this one works. Surely the pies didn't only give up picks 31 and 49 to get White and an upgrade to pick 6?

"Jesse White will become a Collingwood player as early as Monday, with the Magpies gaining the Sydney forward in a three-way trade that also has netted the Magpies pick No. 6 in the national draft.
Collingwood, West Coast and Sydney have agreed to a deal in which the Pies will move from pick 11 to pick 6, the Eagles will gain pick 31 from Collingwood, and Sydney will receive West Coast's pick 44. The Pies have also given up pick 49."

You are missing pick 11 which is their Daisy compo.

So really it goes like:

Pies lose: 11, 31, 49
Pies gain: 6, White

Sydney lose White for 44

WCE lose 6, 44
WCE gain 11, 31

I can see it working for all parties really, especially if WC are dead keen on someone they think will survive til pick 11 like Acres

Strength through Loyalty
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Whilst this deal doesn't affect us, I'm a fraction confused as to how this one works. Surely the pies didn't only give up picks 31 and 49 to get White and an upgrade to pick 6?

It's 6 & 44 for 11, 31 & 49

It's a win-win trade because the Eagles want Sheed in the draft who will be available at 11 and they don't have to use their first or second round draft picks on Elliot Yeo (Pies 31 will be used on that trade).

For the Pies they move higher into the first round and get White for the pick they received from West Coast.

Fair trade overall with both teams benefiting.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Thank you both. Three weeks of this rubbish has affected my sanity. Not sure how I'll make it to the draft.

Always loyal
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

We were already looking at Billy L for pick 25.

Therefore, this proposal = Rhys Lightening + pick 19, for pick 14.

I really rate Rhys. The blokes available around pick 14 would wanna' be a big upgrade on those available around pick 19! (I suppose there is merit in the argument someone raised re the possibility of a late slider still being around at 14...?)

I'd only go for this if Rhys wanted to go home, and it was also the only way to secure Billy. (Billy is a great name, and we've had very few Billys. This needs correcting... especially as the last one I can think of turned out to be a past-it two-game dud.

This deal would make me even more keen to get hold of Boyd or Patton... I don't suppose Rhys would look at going to the westies with pick three in exchange for their pick one? Yes, next draft may have plenty of good forwards, but from what I've read none as good as Boyd or Patton. (And yes, I know that the word 'potential' needs to be placed in front of everyone's name... but that's a given.)

I'm still not over the moon re the guys linked to us ever being big enough to win the contested footy against men, and no way do I want any soft, front-running, outside receivers... no matter how good they are on their left foot!!! :evil: Let the Dreamons and Carlscum keep drafting them... :roll: I note also, that the toxic gnome learnt that one from last year, and got his mob to harden up.

I think it worked... :idea:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Statsman
Club Player

If you can trade Stanley for a first or second round pick or pick upgrade you take it. He's expendable. We'll likely have Hickey, Longer, Pierce, Holmes and maybe Jolly as ruckman and Riewoldt, Lee, White, Maister and a top KPP draft pick in 2014 as tall forwards. Why do we need Stanley? We don't! Trade Stanley for another or better draft pick and bring in another quality midfielder.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Pelchan's getting good, intelligent guys to the club. Bruce and Longer are part of this. Oh and they can play footy too.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:

It's a win-win trade because the Eagles want Sheed in the draft who will be available at 11 and they don't have to use their first or second round draft picks on Elliot Yeo (Pies 31 will be used on that trade).

For the Pies they move higher into the first round and get White for the pick they received from West Coast.

I really do think I will spew if they end up with Aish and Freeman though as EQ suggested in her mock.

Strength through Loyalty
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can anyone confirm that this ridiculously long trade period only has 5 days to go- :roll: :roll: -- even the trade lovers have had enough

feel for players who are in limbo...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

I don't understand why Sydney don't demand pick 31 for White, that would be a fair trade...

He's worth more than 44... Collingwood shouldn't be able to move up the first round order in the process. Show some balls Sydney FFS.