Another Scott story emerges

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Another Scott story emerges

Interesting article on Friday from Caroline Wilson. She is not being subtle.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:He's set to do a tell all interview in the next couple of weeks that should be interesting.
Has been bad mouthing us all over town of late and he doesn't realise he is damaging his own brand far more than ours at the moment.
Doubtful he will get a job in the industry going forward.
I am sure he would be bad mouthing us.,

If he has a confidentiality agreement and still does a tell all, the club may sue him.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Time to let the Scott Watters stories go. Lets move on.
St KFC would like to move on and I'm sure SW has as well.....but no doubt there'll be people wondering what his side of the story is.

Judging from the inuendo and rumours and the media's acceptance of the sacking (basically painting the picture that St Kilda FC made the right decision) and backed up by the threads here on SS....it seems we have told our side of the story, but to me personally it has been only one sided and there is still an unbalanced story there

SW may choose to move on and respectfully let the truth, or his perception of the truth be kept between he and his personal circle, but maybe a few $$ thrown his way may sway him to spill the beans. He doesn't have to reveal too much...just like 'the wepon' - Dean Robinson y'know...and maybe get some vitriol out of his system.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Time to let the Scott Watters stories go. Lets move on.
St KFC would like to move on and I'm sure SW has as well.....but no doubt there'll be people wondering what his side of the story is.

Judging from the inuendo and rumours and the media's acceptance of the sacking (basically painting the picture that St Kilda FC made the right decision) and backed up by the threads here on SS....it seems we have told our side of the story, but to me personally it has been only one sided and there is still an unbalanced story there

SW may choose to move on and respectfully let the truth, or his perception of the truth be kept between he and his personal circle, but maybe a few $$ thrown his way may sway him to spill the beans. He doesn't have to reveal too much...just like 'the wepon' - Dean Robinson y'know...and maybe get some vitriol out of his system.

Some of the rumours doing the round are fact though. I suppose there are some people on here who got that rapt up in him and said silly things like he was a better coach than RL that whatever evidence is presented they will refuse to believe it. SW had a bad year in the coaches box and out of it. Are we better without him. No idea because I refuse to go early on the new coach as I refused to go early on SW and RL. Lets just hope this new coach can eventually get the side playing as a team that can win a flag. It will take a few years of pain though.

spert
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Would it be too cynical to suggest that MM was only ever interested in destabilising two other competitors. Sounds completely ridiculous I know but....it's a Monday and I can't think of anything better to write.
wouldn't be the first time........i remember a former dpp highly recommending a person for judicial appointment as he was a menace and he wanted to be rid of him...the silly government appointed him much to their regret and to the enormous delight of the former crown officer....
Really Stinger? I can't imagine the custodians of the justice system would indulge in such skullduggery! :D

The reality is though, that medoiocrity often rises in organisations as people are "moved on", sometimes in the guise of a promotion. I'm sure we've all worked with someone who's made us think, "how the bloody hell did they get this far?"
Tony Abbott?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

jaxons wrote:He's set to do a tell all interview in the next couple of weeks that should be interesting.
Has been bad mouthing us all over town of late and he doesn't realise he is damaging his own brand far more than ours at the moment.
It wouldn't surprise me if he slaps a bullying and harassment writ against the club, particularly, if true, the little person (dwarf) was hired to have a crack at the coach about his small statue.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Another sure sign he has had a monumental meltdown. That, or he has not a shred of self awareness. I've heard the same thing, Jaxons. This is really sad. For him, not us.

Problem is when he dies this tell all on these shitty shows it will only give the caros of the world more opportunity to sling crap at us again and we will get another series of negative press. The truth whatever it is will not be relevant to the media

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't entirely happy with SW as a senior coach, but thought he was worth persevering with, at least until the completion of his contract with us. The dismissal of SW has been a mess it's true, but it would appear that his position had indeed become untenable at the club, and the club has acted to correct this. Of course there are two sides to every story, and SW has his, but (To my way of thinking) if he wanted his "side of things" to be made public, then agreement for a "confidentiality clause" should not have been concluded by his manager, thereby giving him the freedom to have his say- and of course the club to have THEIRS! But I believe that the club have wisely done their best to prevent the kind of schitstorm the media would have with a "he said-they said" soap opera being conducted in the court of the media. I really have no axe to grind with Mr Watters and hope that he does get over this disappointment and find fulfillment elsewhere. To go on a "tell all" mission would (IMHO) damage him more than us.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

well said jiggster

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons, chatting to a current player, it would seem SW isn't the only problem and Pelchen needs to be moved on as well for the club to go forward. Is this your feeling as well or only shared with some players?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He's another GT in that regard it seems post footy.

Might be good on SEN.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Jaxons, chatting to a current player, it would seem SW isn't the only problem and Pelchen needs to be moved on as well for the club to go forward. Is this your feeling as well or only shared with some players?
Oh goodie..... more to come
Why do we attract these psychopath nut Jobs,??

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I'm sure we've all worked with someone who's made us think, "how the bloody hell did they get this far?"
Trout?

martymcfly_86
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Can you please elaborate on what the current player said?

"Whoa Doc, this is heavy." - Marty McFly following Ross Lyon's departure
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm sure we've all worked with someone who's made us think, "how the bloody hell did they get this far?"
Trout?
Oh Dragit, you are more on the mark than you'll ever know. My point exactly. Why some on here see him as some sort of guru or saviour bemuses me to say the least. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Thank goodness the pelican has his hands firmly on the wheel.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
asaint
Club Player

Pelchans role is not to be popular. Re- doing contracts.delisting players.He keeps his distance from the players so he can make decisions not based on personalities.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Why look on the positive aspects when we see an enthusiastic new coach being warmly welcomed by the players, when we can go searching for more negatives?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
dragit wrote:
Trout?
Oh Dragit, you are more on the mark than you'll ever know. My point exactly. Why some on here see him as some sort of guru or saviour bemuses me to say the least. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Thank goodness the pelican has his hands firmly on the wheel.

I know you dont like Trout for some reason but he is in charge of recruiting. Pelchen may oversee him but the way I see it at the moment he is a huge improvement on John Peake. I think he has done a very good job so far and may it continue. As for Pelchen I wouldnt trust him with your money but we have gone with him and as I said a few times he will make or break our next 10 years in the next 3 years.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Don't dislike him, plugger. He's quite a good bloke, actually. I just query his expertise, that's all. Most on here think he's a massive upgrade on John Peake. I disagree. Peake's efforts were nowhere near as bad as some have suggested. Like JB, I have first hand knowledge of how hard their job was made through a lack of resources and pressure from above.

The trout may still end up the greatest recruiter we've ever had. I doubt it though. Like Brian Royal, he's had every job in the game other than the one he truly coveted. Seems to have survived on being a good bloke, rather than demonstrated expertise. I remain skeptical. Desperately want to be proved wrong. The jury must surely still be out at this stage.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Why look on the positive aspects when we see an enthusiastic new coach being warmly welcomed by the players, when we can go searching for more negatives?
I think we want the truth and what's really happening.

For just the Rosie stuff go to saints.com.au

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Another sure sign he has had a monumental meltdown. That, or he has not a shred of self awareness. I've heard the same thing, Jaxons. This is really sad. For him, not us.
that's terrible really...but it is also human nature...bit like what i was told one of our former assistants did...bagged us, that is....why he didn't get an interview this time....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I suppose there are some people on here who got that rapt up in him and said silly things like he was a better coach than RL that whatever evidence is presented they will refuse to believe it.
Who the hell was dumb enough to write that?

Hilarious if true and I'm not even using twenty twenty.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

he will get a job in the industry going forward.

Does the club know about the impending interview and the bad mouthing of the club?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
How can he hire a coach when it needs to be signed off? From an admin/operational point of view, he obviously didn't have any authority or the right discretion etc...

These things need to get signed off, contacts need to be drawn and salaries paid etc..It doesn't make any sense.

If this is all true, SW must have been a little f_ckwit.

As Con G would say, bye bye MORON.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So we were dumb enough to pay the little f-ckwit out without getting him to sign a confidentiality clause?

MORONS.