Essendon pursuing Ahmed Saad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: Essendon pursuing Ahmed Saad

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Saints94 wrote:I rate Saad but not enough to warrant a selection in the national draft IMO. If there is hardly any talent in the rookie or PSD drafts then a definite yes but as I said I don't want to waste valuable draft picks on a 25 year old forward pocket.
I can understand us perhaps rookie listing him out of a sense of loyalty or whatever, if that was his only way of getting back into the system. But it would have to be at a pick that we value him at.

And that may well be our last pick in the Rookie Draft for example.

And if another club is prepared to give him a go and gets in before the Saints get to that pick, then I reckon our club would simply wish him all the best and we all move on.
+1 That's it :) Good luck to him if he does get picked up earlier than expected & as you stated it will very much be us wishing him all the best.

Kris1
Club Player

It sounds like other clubs maybe trying to push us into using a higher than necessary pick for him.

Hope he comes back to us, I like him.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote:If we want him & Ahmed wants to come to us… I can't see any club being able to get him.

We could just easily get him to go only into the pres-season draft… no-one would keep a spot on their list free in case we didn't take him there.
Sounds good to me Dragstar.

If we make him that guarantee (as you outlined above) then I reckon that Ahmed owes it to us to do as you suggest.

For several reasons, I he comes back... and one of those reasons is that I rate him.

Hmmmmmm, if Minch ends up getting the chop (as his return to the rookie list makes look likely), that would help suggest that we are keen on, and confident of getting, Ahmed(?)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

It's interesting when we did the original trade I thought milera was the most likely and I could give or take saad. I was still of that opinion until other clubs were rumoured to be interested now I want him back. Sound familiar?
Sucker

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

It's called competitive tension drummed up by a manager

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Don't think bombers would give pick 19 for him...if they do we missed a trick or they be paying overs

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Don't think bombers would give pick 19 for him...if they do we missed a trick or they be paying overs

#1 Ryder fan
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

From memory, Saad was a skilled soccer player and only took up footy a few years ago, there's a good chance he has a lot of upside. Although he has a weird style he is a very accurate kick for goal.

After Pelchan has weaved his magic, we'll probably have 3 picks in the top 30. We should use those for skilled midfielders; but when we get to our 4th selection, say around pick 45, I'd be OK to grab Saad.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

On AW they have reported that the Dopers deny being interested in Saad and aren't sure how the Herald Scum got the story. I'm guessing Slobbo fabricated it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The reality is that we only have 7 players on the list with more career goals than Saad, 5 of which will retire in the next couple of years.

He's certainly a project player, but I think he's shown enough and we have enough space on the list to re-draft Saad.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

We will definitely pick him up IMO, think we'll get him with our last rookie pick.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:On AW they have reported that the Dopers deny being interested in Saad and aren't sure how the Herald Scum got the story. I'm guessing Slobbo fabricated it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 7026086905

ESSENDON will not revive suspended forward Ahmed Saad’s career.

There remains interest in Saad from AFL clubs, with talent experts yesterday believing he was on track for a second AFL lifeline.

However, Essendon has denied making any inquiries to Saad’s management.

Saad, 24, is serving an 18-month ASADA sanction for taking a stimulant banned on match day but is eligible for this year’s national draft.

Said has begun a gruelling fitness program, undertaking five personal training sessions each week with former Magpie and fitness guru Adam Iacobucci.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107