John Butcher chased by Saints - per Facebook

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: John Butcher chased by Saints - per Facebook

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
saint6709 wrote:As with anyone like this - all I want to know is can he be converted into a key back ???
i'm hoping gwilt goes via FA, we get compo around a 3rd rounder. send that to port adelaide for butcher and oshea maybe chuck in some steak knives. would be an amazing deal!!!!

if no chance of oshea, sending a 4th/5th rounder to port for butcher wouldnt be bad. maybe a rookie list agreement with port. butcher to us as a rookie, milera to port as a rookie

Gwilt has been delisted and even if he wasn't he wouldn't have got any value at all under FA. That's why they let him go early. O'Shea was just another crap rumour.
Wrong. The club has said Gwilt will not be offered another contract. His current contract expires at the end of Oct upon list lodgement. If he is picked up as a FA or during the trade period we may receive compensation at the discretion of the AFL. We've publicly said he won't be offered another contract as a gesture of goodwill to give Gwilt the best chance possible to get picked up and continue his career.

All contracts finish then so can you explain how other players leave as delisted FA in that period? Look forward to how you prove me wrong after that statement. And the O'Shea makes less sense than Gwilt being on the list still.
roberton is an example of a delisted free agent. to be a delisted free agent you need your club to terminate your contract formally with the AFL. this is yet to happen with both gwilt and clinton jones. they have been told that they will not receive a new contract though, so its simply waiting for it to be voided.

both are unrestricted free agents though, so can leave at anytime

How do you know that hasn't happened for either player? Im would just about be sure it has but if you can prove it I certainly will say sorry.
Player contracts expire: 31 Oct.
Unrestricted Free Agency period: 3 - 13 Oct.
Delisted Free Agency period: 1 - 12 Nov.

Roberton was picked up in the delisted free agency period.

Again I know that but how does that prove that Gwilt and CJ wont be delisted FA.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Because their contracts expire 31 Oct! There could possibly be a mutual agreement to terminate the contract early however that is not the case because the club has said they will not be offered another contract not that their contracts have been terminated. It makes no sense to anyway cos they are unrestricted free agents. End of discussion, we've crowded enough of this thread with BS.

defacto
Club Player

because they are currently on the OFFICIAL unrestricted free agency list

defacto
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Because their contracts expire 31 Oct! There could possibly be a mutual agreement to terminate the contract early however that is not the case because the club has said they will not be offered another contract not that their contracts have been terminated. It makes no sense to anyway cos they are unrestricted free agents. End of discussion, we've crowded enough of this thread with BS.
this. so much this.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Because their contracts expire 31 Oct! There could possibly be a mutual agreement to terminate the contract early however that is not the case because the club has said they will not be offered another contract not that their contracts have been terminated. It makes no sense to anyway cos they are unrestricted free agents. End of discussion, we've crowded enough of this thread with BS.

So because you have had enough you are right and I am wrong. OK if that's how you work. I don't get the crowded thing anyway. All contracts expire on the 31st so why is he different to the 10 delisted FA taken last year?

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

So because you have had enough you are right and I am wrong. OK if that's how you work. I don't get the crowded thing anyway. All contracts expire on the 31st so why is he different to the 10 delisted FA taken last year?
because their clubs terminated their contracts

jones and gwilt are yet to have their contracts terminated

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

gee plugs. been owned here, Id just bow out and stick to sniping Stinger or something cause this isn't good at all..

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How do you know this though? What if I said that Jimmy told me his only hope of playing again in the AFL was as a delisted FA.

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How do you know this though? What if I said that Jimmy told me his only hope of playing again in the AFL was as a delisted FA.
see my comments above. they are still on the OFFICIAL list of free agents delivered by the AFL to the clubs. including the updated list that was sent out after the press conference/articles of the jones/gwilt situation, which is supported by the wording used by the club and its officials

jimmy may be in fact right and he could still be taken as a delisted free agent. but right now he isnt and he wont be until after list lodgement 1
Last edited by defacto on Sun 28 Sep 2014 4:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:gee plugs. been owned here, Id just bow out and stick to sniping Stinger or something cause this isn't good at all..

You could be right. maybe Jimmy Gwilt is a liar or hasn't got a clue. Maybe Teffers you stick to discussions that involve you because I think we are a little above your level at this stage. This is so much fun. The funny thing is I am asking genuine questions based on Jimmy telling me something.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

They were obviously taken during the delisted free agency period. I don't think you've grasped the concept that the delisted free agency period is separate and after the restricted and unrestricted free agency period?

FQF
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:gee plugs. been owned here, Id just bow out and stick to sniping Stinger or something cause this isn't good at all..
+1

defacto
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

They were obviously taken during the delisted free agency period. I don't think you've grasped the concept that the delisted free agency period is separate and after the restricted and unrestricted free agency period?
i think its beyond him :roll:

i really didnt think it was that hard to grasp. apparently it is

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

You could be right. maybe Jimmy Gwilt is a liar or hasn't got a clue. Maybe Teffers you stick to discussions that involve you because I think we are a little above your level at this stage. This is so much fun. The funny thing is I am asking genuine questions based on Jimmy telling me something.

Wish you would stop destroying the club with all your inside knowledge, isn't that the restriction you put on Tony74?

As for Butcher, we must trade #1 for him

You are garbage - Enough said
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Blind drunk and totally legless/trolling or combination of both?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Wish you would stop destroying the club with all your inside knowledge, isn't that the restriction you put on Tony74?

As for Butcher, we must trade #1 for him

Yep it is. And you are right. Huge inside knowledge of a non saints player. I also talked to Kevin Billings at the toilet one night. You should have seen the inside knowledge I gained there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have but as the saints have made it known they will be delisted then Gwilt will also be taken that way if he is taken at all. That is my point.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
defacto wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Blind drunk and totally legless/trolling or combination of both?

Havent had a drink and not trolling, just going by what the player we are talking about said to me. Not even second hand. Maybe he told you something else. I do see people don't like others asking questions or suggesting it doesn't make sense here.And why is everyone picking on me. Im human and it really hurts. Its cyber bulling.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

H-S have Luke Parker on the saints horizon ?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Look, I like you.

Im trying to help you as I get the sense there's not much else in life there. To ask a question is fine. To repeatedly ask the same one smack of desperate low grade intelligence and I for one refuse to believe that of you as I have you at least at base grade.

Anyway, does it matter? is it going to change the 5.50 pensioner roast of the day on offer at the Ormond local tonight? No.
Grag an extra spud for me and don't forget the gravy..

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Butcher by name - Butcher by nature

No Thanks!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Look, I like you.

Im trying to help you as I get the sense there's not much else in life there. To ask a question is fine. To repeatedly ask the same one smack of desperate low grade intelligence and I for one refuse to believe that of you as I have you at least at base grade.

Anyway, does it matter? is it going to change the 5.50 pensioner roast of the day on offer at the Ormond local tonight? No.
Grag an extra spud for me and don't forget the gravy..

Thanks for all your advise but like all your other posts and will read and laugh at them not because they are funny with humour but funny in a sad sort of way. I will grag an extra spud for you but im sure you must have many spuds. By the way I have a very high IQ. The last test I did I get 81 so stick that up your spud.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

FMD
came home from work to a complete laugh

shouldve given up by post three
:lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:FMD
came home from work to a complete laugh

shouldve given up by post three
:lol:

You would have because the questions or answers would have gone over your head. When are we catching up for a beer? And you also picking on me. It isn't really fair. I am really upset now.

starsign
Club Player

Pluggs I'm disappointed you slipped on a point of order there and didn't inform Teflon there is actually no such thing as the or even a Ormond local!
The nearest watering hole is the McKinnon according to my knowledge as a born and bred Ormond boy from way back Then your Boundary I would think?