Saints Interested In Boyd!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints Interested In Boyd!!

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote: Who is this P66 bloke?
He is me. A nobody on a footy forum who could be lying or telling the truth everytime he says something as fact.
And I always took everything you said as gospel. :D

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He is me. A nobody on a footy forum who could be lying or telling the truth everytime he says something as fact.

There is always one.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I don't, but i do like to read it, i see the humour in it all...

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
dragit
Saintsational Legend

dragit interested in Miranda Kerr.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
I will be livid if we trade out Steven, and will criticize the decision accordingly if it eventuates.

i wrote to the club last year asking them not to let dal go..didn't make any difference of course. but....if jack goes i also will be livid...and may not renew my membership.....or any of the other 5 memberships i currently pay for
Last edited by stinger on Mon 13 Oct 2014 5:51pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:From BrianSpeaking " bigfooty
BrianSpeaking, post: 35684035, member: 37551 wrote:Our offer to Cameron was 5 years $4 million and Boyd 5 years $3 million plus our first pick to GWS back in July.
Just so happens our first pick is pick 1.

As I said on the weekend, s***s about to get real.
The Bulldogs president is a flog, did anyone hear him on MMM this morning? Their former skipper Gary Ablett esque? What a first rate flog.
So much for reactive :roll:
he forgot all sbout buddy too....and bj....dal....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:dragit interested in Miranda Kerr.
She'd be worth giving 1.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
I will be livid if we trade out Steven, and will criticize the decision accordingly if it eventuates.

i wrote to the club last year asking them not to let dal go..didn't make any difference of course. but....if jack goes i also will be livid...and may not renew my membership.....or any of the other 5 memberships i currently pay for
Will you also quit posting here?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Sounds very childish.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Steven is a great player no doubt but is he the guy you can build a club around ? he had a great year in his B&F year but he had the likes of Dal Lenny and Joey takeing the majority of the heat that year so while it was a breakout year its still yet to be seen if it can be built on -

i dont want him traded dont get me wrong but its hardly the end of the world if he does get traded ... its not membership tearing material .. he is in our top 5 players at the club but lets be honest we are the wooden spooners for a reason and that is we dont have the spread of quallity so if the deal comes that sees us able to add more quality by taking a backwards step then so be it ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Sounds very childish.
would expect nothing less from Stinger .... acting like a toddler screaming in a shop is his standard when it comes to things like this ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Boyd's only been there a year and should be heads down learning his craft. What's going on at the moment? I personally would question his integrity a little.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:From BrianSpeaking " bigfooty
BrianSpeaking, post: 35684035, member: 37551 wrote:Our offer to Cameron was 5 years $4 million and Boyd 5 years $3 million plus our first pick to GWS back in July.
Just so happens our first pick is pick 1.

As I said on the weekend, s***s about to get real.
The Bulldogs president is a flog, did anyone hear him on MMM this morning? Their former skipper Gary Ablett esque? What a first rate flog.
So much for reactive :roll:
Haha, quoting an anonymous football forum poster as evidence against a newspaper article that just dropped after the bulldogs showed their hand.

And that is supposed to prove a point. ok.
I dont give a stuff, people like you are never convinced. All I know is that this was reported by BS back in July about offers to Cameron and Boyd.

believe what you like because all you want to do is critisise what you are ignorant of.

But carry on, it is amusing.

You are garbage - Enough said
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

He never said that he wanted to just come back to Vic he said he wants to go to Bulldogs..

So for that reason I think where a very slim chance of getting him.

evo
Club Player

St Chris wrote:At this stage I would just about give ol' leftie for Boyd (along with with Pick 1!!!)

He provides the perfect transition from the Reiwoldt generation to the next generation. The leadership and skills he had as an under 18 haven't disappeared, he would be a fantastic leader for our club for the next decade.

As plenty of good judges say, good mids are a dime a dozen, good key position players are solid gold.

Mark my words, over the next 10 years time, Boyd will be much more important to his club's fortunes than Petracca will.
Absolutely !! We would also get a marquee player that would sell memberships.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:Boyd's only been there a year and should be heads down learning his craft. What's going on at the moment? I personally would question his integrity a little.
I don't understand this thinking too much.

It doesn't mater if you've done 1 year or ten, if someone offers you $5,000,000 for 6 years which is probably double what his current employer has offered, then he should take it.

The sport is professional, football is a job.

GWS is a make believe franchise gifted all the players in the country, they have no integrity and are owed nothing.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Boyd's only been there a year and should be heads down learning his craft. What's going on at the moment? I personally would question his integrity a little.
I don't understand this thinking too much.

It doesn't mater if you've done 1 year or ten, if someone offers you $5,000,000 for 6 years which is probably double what his current employer has offered, then he should take it.

The sport is professional, football is a job.

GWS is a make believe franchise gifted all the players in the country, they have no integrity and are owed nothing.
Especially after seeing how Patton is going. He might get a contract worth $4million and even if he goes down with a permanent injury and never plays a game he is getting that banked. Added to the fact that as kid from Melbourne sent up to a non AFL state amongst guys who have already been there a few years and bonded. I can see why he would be incredibly tempted to move.

evo
Club Player

Think the Boyd move is just a smokescreen from a club bleeding players and loosing thier coach and captain.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:At this stage I would just about give ol' leftie for Boyd (along with with Pick 1!!!)

He provides the perfect transition from the Reiwoldt generation to the next generation. The leadership and skills he had as an under 18 haven't disappeared, he would be a fantastic leader for our club for the next decade.

As plenty of good judges say, good mids are a dime a dozen, good key position players are solid gold.

Mark my words, over the next 10 years time, Boyd will be much more important to his club's fortunes than Petracca will.
Save ol' leftie... and just bloody recruit 'W'rightie :wink: :!:

At the start of 2014 and for the most part of 2013 Peter Wright was touted as the favourite for No 1 in this years draft. Most have him as a top 5 prospect right now but what's changed?

Has Peter dropped off a bit or is it that guys like Petracca have had outstanding years. I think it's the latter. I still think Wright has more upside and more long term value than Petracca. I think he's a better prospect than Joe Daniher and more versatile. Definitely a better kick than Joe and probably as good a mark as Jake Carlisle (Plus... Peter loves playing in the forward line)

So what are the negatives against Peter Wright?

Can "Two Meter Peter" be as good as Boyd? Maybe in 2-3 years time - yes!! That is when we'll be needing these guys. We have the No.1 pick and I reckon we shouldn't pass up solid gold talent like Wright.

I don't envy Elshaugh and his team and it's a tough job also for the Pelican trying to pull off trades and securing multiple early picks. I just hope we don't miss our chance to secure a gun tall forward.

defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Steven is a great player no doubt but is he the guy you can build a club around ? he had a great year in his B&F year but he had the likes of Dal Lenny and Joey takeing the majority of the heat that year so while it was a breakout year its still yet to be seen if it can be built on -

i dont want him traded dont get me wrong but its hardly the end of the world if he does get traded ... its not membership tearing material .. he is in our top 5 players at the club but lets be honest we are the wooden spooners for a reason and that is we dont have the spread of quallity so if the deal comes that sees us able to add more quality by taking a backwards step then so be it ..
i agree trav. he will never be the person you build a midfield around. he's a bit of x factor you add to a very solid strong midfield. someone when added to it will be very potent.

but the issue with steven, is the hidden detail. he is our most rotated player, he is a burst player that at times can be poor by foot. his biggest issue is his tank, at a time when the cap is going to promote endurance, repeat sprinters rather than the burst players of 2004-2011

theres a very real risk the game can go past him

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

At the start of 2014 and for the most part of 2013 Peter Wright was touted as the favourite for No 1 in this years draft. Most have him as a top 5 prospect right now but what's changed?

Has Peter dropped off a bit or is it that guys like Petracca have had outstanding years. I think it's the latter. I still think Wright has more upside and more long term value than Petracca. I think he's a better prospect than Joe Daniher and more versatile. Definitely a better kick than Joe and probably as good a mark as Jake Carlisle (Plus... Peter loves playing in the forward line)

Can "Two Meter Peter" be as good as Boyd? Maybe in 2-3 years time - yes!! That is when we'll be needing these guys. We have the No.1 pick and I reckon we shouldn't pass up solid gold talent like Wright.

I don't envy Elshaugh and his team and it's a tough job also for the Pelican trying to pull off trades and securing multiple early picks. I just hope we don't miss our chance to secure a gun tall forward.

He would be the last of the bigger players I would take. He is a ruck forward. Obviously we have 5 ruckmen as it is and ruckmen these days should never go top 10. Leave him to others. We need mids and then more mids and then another lot of mids. Look what Brisbane are building. Fantastic lot of mids.

Saint wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

He would be the last of the bigger players I would take. He is a ruck forward. Obviously we have 5 ruckmen as it is and ruckmen these days should never go top 10. Leave him to others. We need mids and then more mids and then another lot of mids. Look what Brisbane are building. Fantastic lot of mids.
Don't know if i'm as 'mid focussed' as you Plugger - of course you need good mid depth, but can't discount having twin towers up forward. I know your not discounting having quality forwards altogether, but you do seem to be placing a massive emphasis on the mids at all cost...Like what the Hawks did with Buddy and Roughie vs Delidio and Tambling...high draft Mids are no sure thing at the draft either eg. Scully trengove.

I'm still giving some love to the young power forwards at the draft. Roo did nothing in year 1, then came out and won a B+F in year 2. If Boyd was willing, i'd snag him in a heartbeat...but that could all be academic this year IMO...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pmsl

he aint coming to us
shesh, get over that dream

Pleasing
Club Player

I think our interest in Boyd is purely to ensure the Bulldogs pay overs to GWS, the more GWS get the more options we have for trading pick 1 and maybe build some good will into the bargin. Boyd would be a fantastic get but the Bulldogs are offering stupid money and we will need that money come 2016 on-wards for the Free Agent push.

Bulldogs clearly just took Griffens salary for next couple of years and added it to their offer for Boyd. No doubt we could match it but it is more about what that does to our cap and strategy over the next few years. Stick to the strategy multiple first round picks build the talent base and spread the risk.

4 & 7 + ? for 1 means we will get one of McCartin or Wright and develop our own tall forward at base pay

Let me in
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Pleasing wrote:I think our interest in Boyd is purely to ensure the Bulldogs pay overs to GWS, the more GWS get the more options we have for trading pick 1 and maybe build some good will into the bargin. Boyd would be a fantastic get but the Bulldogs are offering stupid money and we will need that money come 2016 on-wards for the Free Agent push.

Bulldogs clearly just took Griffens salary for next couple of years and added it to their offer for Boyd. No doubt we could match it but it is more about what that does to our cap and strategy over the next few years. Stick to the strategy multiple first round picks build the talent base and spread the risk.

4 & 7 + ? for 1 means we will get one of McCartin or Wright and develop our own tall forward at base pay
This. It is being reported that the deal between Carlton and GWS is done, which means pick seven is now going to GWS. That gives them 4 & 7 and if it all goes through the way I reckon , they will lose Boyd for Griffin and pick 6. I reckon we will offer them pick 1 for pick 4 & 6 and steak knives (late teens or early twenties pick, or maybe Jack Frost).

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!