5 years Dan Hannebery?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: 5 years Dan Hannebery?

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 4:00pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 3:10pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:47pm
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:38pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:33pm
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:28pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:28pm So, all the same usual suspects on here complain about nothing from the club in terms securing players, now we have a Big Name mentioned and he and the deal is no good, typical!....
Exactly mate. There is ALWAYS something wrong! A constant state of depression. A mate of mine said this place and some of its posters suffer from some kind of human syndrome. I can't remember the name, but I will research it.
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

I think that's what its called, also can be known as: Nevergracedthefieldbefore!!!!! ;)
Lol. 😂
If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)
Not joining anyone, just having an opinion, do ya have a problem with that?????
The Negative Nutters just don't know how to handle you SC. You spook them so they try put a label or sticker on you or put you in a group, but it never sticks.

I will be interested on your thoughts to see how Pearce and Marshall go this week. I reckon both will play.
Very True, they try to get me to challenge them, when I do, I get warnings or banned!!!!!

Not one of them has ever grown a set, don't take any notice they just sit safely tucked away in the internet world, or so they think!!!!! ;)

There's a select few on here who know who I am, so that's OK!!!!!

I would like to see both Pierce and Marshall play this week, but might depend on Battle getting up or not!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 4:26pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:47pm If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)
can we run a poll ?
my vote:
TweedleDee
Tweedledum
&
Twinkey Dumber
Just call me Santa Claus, cause I'm making a 'list'!!!!! 😁

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 4:44pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:28pm So, all the same usual suspects on here complain about nothing from the club in terms securing players, now we have a Big Name mentioned and he and the deal is no good, typical!....
Exactly mate. There is ALWAYS something wrong! A constant state of depression. A mate of mine said this place and some of its posters suffer from some kind of human syndrome. I can't remember the name, but I will research it.
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

I think that's what its called, also can be known as: Nevergracedthefieldbefore!!!!! ;)
Lol. 😂
If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)
The Negative Nutters just don't know how to handle you SC. You spook them so they try put a label or sticker on you or put you in a group, but it never sticks.

I will be interested on your thoughts to see how Pearce and Marshall go this week. I reckon both will play.
Very True, they try to get me to challenge them, when I do, I get warnings or banned!!!!!

Not one of them has ever grown a set, don't take any notice they just sit safely tucked away in the internet world, or so they think!!!!! ;)

I would like to see both Pierce and Marshall play this week, but might depend on Battle getting up or not!!!!!
Battle won't be fit for this week, so both Pearce and Marshall need to come in.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

We are only replacing Hickey, so either of them will more than cover him!!!!! ;)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂

Is that the inside mail you're getting, Parkey?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:33am Will take our first round pick.
If we give our first pick for a banged up, pensioned off 27 year old....that would be the final straw for me.

I could not support a club that was that desperate and stupid.

Never make big decisions when you're tired, angry or upset....we are all 3 rolled into 1 giant ball of desperation.

If we get him for a token pick like a 4th rounder or next years 3rd...it might be worth the gamble.

Nee!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 5:56pm
elizabethr wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:33am Will take our first round pick.
If we give our first pick for a banged up, pensioned off 27 year old....that would be the final straw for me.

I could not support a club that was that desperate and stupid.

Never make big decisions when you're tired, angry or upset....we are all 3 rolled into 1 giant ball of desperation.

If we get him for a token pick like a 4th rounder or next years 3rd...it might be worth the gamble.
Why does anyone think we'll give up a 1st round pick for him? Also, if we're offering a 5 year deal, then I reckon he'll be probed from all angles by medicos before we did any deal.

takeaway
Club Player

Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
Good idea. Better to actually have a name, than just be a nameless, inconsequential member of the neggo numpties like yourself. Do you blink a lot when posting?

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 6:07pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
Good idea. Better to actually have a name, than just be a nameless, inconsequential member of the neggo numpties like yourself. Do you blink a lot when posting?
Gold!!!!!

lefty
Club Player

I'd go after Dylan Shiel not blaming Hannebery as he's already past his best.

No way I'd give us a 1st round pick for Hannebery.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Would only be interested if he was going cheap. His body may not even withstand two years, let alone five.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 6:19pm
takeaway wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 6:07pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
Gold!!!!!
Funny hey...I just pictured Herman Munster having a chuckle

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Herm ... JDi_0_YkKM:

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Sorry, but I'll be trusting the med staff at Moorabbin and the player himself as to whether Hannerbrey is physically able to play good footy again as opposed to anyone on here that thinks they know Hannerbrey's body inside out.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Depends how desperate Sydney are to release salary cap pressure - if desperate then we might get Hanneberry on the cheap but then you would have to question how durable he is

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
silverhalo
Club Player

Definitely not the player we need......already 27, doesn't provide the outside run we so desperately need, and because he's so hard at it and has sustained so many injuries, his body's had it....he's cooked.

I'm already on the verge of not renewing my membership next year, recruiting of DH would definitely push me over the edge!!!!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Desperation Stakes if the Saints get this deal over the line.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Agree with all the above. Of course we’ll get him cheap because we’ll have to pick jp his inflated salary. Sydney need the salary cap relief and he is going downhill fast. The real question is why we would bother with such a poor idea but we worship mistakes.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

we get him cheap. we have no one taking that min salary cap we have to fork out anyway. as long as it means we can still offer big money to a big fish then go for it. five years i'd baulk at, but not if there's an injury clause in there. would be a good mentor for the kids and actual captaincy material - someone actually coaching out on the field again.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:39pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:38pm
saynta wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:05am
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 9:33pm Parkeysainter, can you confirm if we are in the box seat for Hannebury?
On the couch reporter stated that Dan was on 800 thousand but the club was willing to pay 200 thousand of that if the right deal came up.

He's get-able as the swine want to get rid of him. Has dodgy groins but tied up for three years.

A liability we cannot aford I'm afraid.
Reminds me of the days when all the old Carlton premiership players retired at Moorabbin.
The likes of Sheldon & McConville certainly brought a level of professionalism at the time lacking at the Saints.

I agree a big offer to Hannebury at his age and current playing status would be dangerous at best.
If we want to make big offers I'd prefer some young players with upside.
He's only 27 isn't he?

He'll either be a Burgoyne, or a Freeman. Or maybe a Wells.

I think we should get him if we can - but only under a new coaching team. There's no point otherwise.
Absolute gun player at his peak between 2011-2016.

2017 was well down on his standards and 2018 has been a bust.

Media reports state groin and soft tissue injuries.

You would want to be sure he can overcome these injuries and not pay overs to get him.

Now I’d have a crack at Ollie Florent a local Bayside boy but unlikely they’d let him go.

We need another Dempster/Schneider style deal from the swans if they have salary cap issues.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I guess Robbo & Gerard know more than they can say so hard to read between lines and Robbo has an interesting sense of humour: he leads with the definite statement: Saints to get Dan, and says to Richo congratulations (irony/genuine?); Richo says thanks. Does that mean its a done deal or Robbo was fishing or AR just came out of a trance (there is no irony in AR). Be nice to get a class act with composure, big and strong would also be nice attributes to add to current list. I wonder what it means that we are quite prepared to look at a player that is a risky commodity. Once was warrior but now Sydney find him easily expendable. I suppose the new Macquarie banker knows all about risk management and hedging so it will be ok whatever way it goes. By heavens we could do with some larger bodies but - one of the reasons we get easily run over is we can't really hurt anyone physically. Except for Battle but he keeps getting KO'd - could do with some chaps backing him up toughness wise in the fwds.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 4:44pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂

No. Battle won't play.

stonecold
SS Life Member

[quote=saynta post_id=1747924
[/quote]

No. Battle won't play.
[/quote]

Yeah mate, cheers, has been ruled since I originally posted!!!!!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I'll be watching Hanners with interest the next 3 games. His career speaks fot itself though.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Ridiculous. Too old.
He will be 30 plus by the time,or if,we challenge for top 4.
This club has absolutely zero idea.

mordiboyz
Club Player

We desperately need players like him for onfield leadership. I have major concerns about his body and if he can give us 5 good or even serviceable years.