Paddy - now or never!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

minneapolis
Club Player

Re: Paddy - now or never!

I am not just being negative but I don't see him making it either. He is supposed to be a really reliable kick but he has missed some very easy shots. Why is that? Blood sugar level? Confidence? If he had not got that sorted after a few years at a professional club then when will he?

I doubt that another team would give us a second round pick for him. If he is killing it we would not have the guts to trade him. If he is injured or playing poorly, we would be lucky to get anything.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
ListManager
Club Player

Stupid and incompetent trout for picking him. If I am investing pick 1 I am not using it on an a player that has diabetes. Just like if I'm investing pick 4 I am not using it on a player who has already done a knee.

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
stonecold
SS Life Member

ListManager wrote: Thu 24 Jan 2019 5:49pm Stupid and incompetent trout for picking him. If I am investing pick 1 I am not using it on an a player that has diabetes. Just like if I'm investing pick 4 I am not using it on a player who has already done a knee.
Typical Rubbish from you, List Manager wanna be!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
DJ Higgins
Club Player

ListManager wrote: Thu 24 Jan 2019 5:49pm Stupid and incompetent trout for picking him. If I am investing pick 1 I am not using it on an a player that has diabetes. Just like if I'm investing pick 4 I am not using it on a player who has already done a knee.
disagree about the knee comment. many players have come back from knee recos/surgery including Roo and every year the treatment/rehab gets better. It is a gamble yes but based on most recruiters saying he was #1 contention if he didn't do his knee i'd say he was worth the risk. The reports om this kid were amazing but he can be wayward in front of goal. That height and that wing span is going to give defenders nightmares plus he can pick the ball off the ground while which is uncommon for a big fella.
Paddy is different, he has diabetes. That is a medical condition that can not yet be cured but can be managed. Problem is rest is part of the solution which impacts the interchanges, plus he has no amazing attributes even when he was picked.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I’ve got Bruce and Membrey ahead of him and also Marshall. If he shows something in the VFL then select him, by all means, but it’s gotta be based on form, not draft position.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think they move on pretty quickly from what pick a player was drafted and if they don’t, they should.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Contracted for a couple more years, so, not now or never in the Power Brokers eyes!!!!!

Just looking for improvement!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Got to say his body looks finally ready to go ,puppy fat gone,!Very hopeful!

PADDLEPOP1000
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 10:50am I think they move on pretty quickly from what pick a player was drafted and if they don’t, they should.
I agree they should, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. He’s alway flying on the training track, ready for a breakout season etc, etc. I’ll bet you, if fit, he’s preferred to Marshall in Rd 1, despite an extremely promising end to 2018 by Marshall.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 12:13pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 10:50am I think they move on pretty quickly from what pick a player was drafted and if they don’t, they should.
I agree they should, but I’ve seen no evidence of it. He’s alway flying on the training track, ready for a breakout season etc, etc. I’ll bet you, if fit, he’s preferred to Marshall in Rd 1, despite an extremely promising end to 2018 by Marshall.
Big Carl, the end of 2018 was far less than promising from any of our players. We lost 7 out of our last 8 games, beating only an injury-riddled Carlton. We only challenged one other team in that whole time, and that was Hawthorn.
Apart from Jack Lonie, and Gresham in patches, I didn't see much evidence of anything promising player-wise during the entire last two months of the season. I can't agree that there is anything we can take out of that last 8 games to give us confidence going into 2019, especially as I, and many other supporters were led to believe that the club had recruited for depth, not necessarily star quality. Well, we saw last season the extent of our depth and I am genuinely worried.
List needs a good clean out, and not just the soft targets that they delisted or traded at the end of last season either.
I agree with you that if Paddy is fit, he plays.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
mordiboyz
Club Player

It's simple really. Players should be picked on their performance in the JLT and intra-club matches.

So...

If Paddy is playing better than the other forwards who are after the same position:

* Then he plays

If other players are playing better than Paddy:

* Then he plays for Sandringham

DJ Higgins
Club Player

mordiboyz wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 4:10pm It's simple really. Players should be picked on their performance in the JLT and intra-club matches.

So...

If Paddy is playing better than the other forwards who are after the same position:

* Then he plays

If other players are playing better than Paddy:

* Then he plays for Sandringham
mordiboyz wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 4:10pm

Hard to argue with that assuming he isn't starved for possession. Looking forward to seeing the new recruits as well in these games. Also hoping ratten will stop the long bombs into 50 like last year