You stopped him from marking the ball.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: You stopped him from marking the ball.

saynta wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 3:57pm I nearly fell over when Fisher awarded Kent a free in front of goal. Well, I would have if I hadn't been sitting down at the time.
I actually shouted, raised my arms and jumped out of my chair which frightened my dog who raced around barking like mad :lol:

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Russman
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 5:46pm
saynta wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 3:57pm I nearly fell over when Fisher awarded Kent a free in front of goal. Well, I would have if I hadn't been sitting down at the time.
I actually shouted, raised my arms and jumped out of my chair which frightened my dog who raced around barking like mad :lol:
Yeah. I couldn't believe it. I was just waiting for the media vultures to start claiming favouritism.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 12:09pm
kosifantutti wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 10:11am
I’m not sure the umpire has read the new rules on “stand” but you can’t take two steps to the left to smother the ball. This was the Swans only goal in the second quarter.
I don't think the Umpire had had time to call Stand (however - a clear mark should not have to be called to stand)
I think the swan on the right of Marshall is standing the mark and he doesn't move.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 08 Aug 2021 2:55pm According to Lethers we spoke to the umpires during the week and reminded them of how Rampe was hanging off King last time we played.

It obviously paid off because Max got a free half way through the third quarter on the half back flank.
Haha. I think that's were we get the majority of our free kicks - in the back line.

Is there something around that tells us whereabouts on the ground teams get their free kicks?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!