My chat with Greg Westaway today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

Spoke to Greg again today, strangely enough, the man was still happy to chat, still passionate about the Saints and still determined to not only take over the club, but more importantly to make it his mission to improving all aspects of the club.

Am I suffering from a messiah complex? Nope, nor am I a stormtrooper, mindless drone or pathetic arselicker. The fact is that there are two alternatives for the future of the St Kilda footy club.

One is do nothing and accept that regardless of what happens on the footy field, as long as we are making money, everything is ok, continue bumbling along, getting sponsors, losing sponsors, rolling over everytime the AFL points it's gaze in our direction and not bothering what the supporters think, after all this is personal, who gives a rats about memberships or premierships, as long as GT and RB fight out their dirty messy fued for all to see, things are sweet and she'll be right mate.

Or alternative two is look at the other ticket. I found Greg Westaways contact details quite easily, addressed my concerns and accepted his vision, views and plans for the club. Quite honestly I believe that the rival ticket is my preferred option.

I am really at a loss at the viciousness of the vitriol being spewed by those who are obviously more intelligent, more informed and more passionate than I am. Frankly I find the implication that a club champion who represented the club with pride, passion and distinction is being referred to as a mindless puppet as not only insulting but damned ludicrous. I hold Nathan Burke in the highest esteem, I find the insinuation that he is a mindless drone not only stupid but just a lacky, just a little to tasteless for me to bear.

Sure, I'm just a mindless sheep who is just falling on my knees waiting for the master to lead us to the slaughter house, yup just a pathetic, cringeworthy lacky falling in behind a party of spivs and morons waiting to be greased and screwed, yup.

Mindless, stupid, pathetic. Sums me up to a tee, after all I actually decided to look into the man, ask him about what he planned, and sought an indication of his future plans.

All i really needed to do to be one of the elite, intelligent allknowing sect that are above useless messianic complexes and are too wise and wonderful to fall for bullshite was sit at my pc, ignoring anything any party had to offer, focus on one miniscule negative, use this as the reason why they should all be shot and spew nothing but vitrioll and hatred. Stupid pathetic mindless follwing spiv that I am I stepped out of that comfort zone, ignored the media spin and tried to form my own informed decision.

Neither board should be voted in, we should just let the club fold and follow darts.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
bungiton
SS Life Member

Just as an aside, the SFF first ticket are chasing proxies to show the board just how serious they are, they want to show the current board just how much of a groundswell there is to rid the club of the current board in the hope they see their position as untenable and do the honourable thing and resign allowing a smooth bloodless takeover. This would save the club the costs associated with going to a vote.

The fact that the current board, knowing the membership is against them but holding out and forcing a EGM as a last ditch hope to cling to power will just cost the club, they should see their time is up and go

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Terrific post bungiton.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Think what you like bungiton.

Nobody called you anything (unlike the personal insults I have had to endure because i had the temerity to ask a cuple of simple questions of the FFS).

You say the current board has "done nothing".

Mabye you should have a look at the clubs published statements over the past few years.

All I wanted was to see what the FFS had in detail but have been shouted down by the Westaway cheersquad.

Obviously this boardroom squabble between the old boys network is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what a ticket can actually bring to the club.

Everyone be sure to take their flags and scarfs to the EGM on Oct 23rd and wave them and cheer when the new ticket gets in. How exciting for you all.

I'll support the team, get down to training, post some pre-season reports and generally wait until next season.

Oh and hope like hell, that this new "popular" board has the ability to not waste the legacy of this board.

As i have said numerous times (but as usual the pro Westaway fanatics accuesed me of heresy and the contrary), I wont be shouting from the rooftops and will not be happy if the new ticket farks up. I will just be saddened that, as usual, the desperate mob got it wrong.

Conversely I will be the first to praise the Westaway way if it wins us a flag and does financially what they reckon they will do.

But look dont let what i actually write here sway anyone from thinking I am an infedel, anti-christ un-St.Kildaon for actually asking HOW they are going to do this.

I mean really I must not be a true supporter.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
But look dont let what i actually write here sway anyone from thinking I am an infedel, anti-christ un-St.Kildaon for actually asking HOW they are going to do this.
It's not the asking of a reasonable question that is upsetting everyone - it's all the other insults that you are attaching to it that is the problem.

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Think what you like bungiton.

Nobody called you anything (unlike the personal insults I have had to endure because i had the temerity to ask a cuple of simple questions of the FFS).

You say the current board has "done nothing".

Mabye you should have a look at the clubs published statements over the past few years.

All I wanted was to see what the FFS had in detail but have been shouted down by the Westaway cheersquad.

Obviously this boardroom squabble between the old boys network is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what a ticket can actually bring to the club.

Everyone be sure to take their flags and scarfs to the EGM on Oct 23rd and wave them and cheer when the new ticket gets in. How exciting for you all.

I'll support the team, get down to training, post some pre-season reports and generally wait until next season.

Oh and hope like hell, that this new "popular" board has the ability to not waste the legacy of this board.

As i have said numerous times (but as usual the pro Westaway fanatics accuesed me of heresy and the contrary), I wont be shouting from the rooftops and will not be happy if the new ticket farks up. I will just be saddened that, as usual, the desperate mob got it wrong.

Conversely I will be the first to praise the Westaway way if it wins us a flag and does financially what they reckon they will do.

I mean really I must not be a true supporter.
Well you had the temerity to ask a couple of questions?? Not holding you to task for that, debate is a part of any political process, thats exactly what this is. Debate is how we form informed positions to choose which side we are favouring to lead.

Ask all the questions you like, as to your position, good on you you obviously require valid assurances to what you feel are topics important to you making an informed choice.

What gets me is who are you asking these questions to? How are you asking them? Is ridiculing the people that seem to have come to a decision based on their own criteria addressing your concerns, is calling people spivs, lackies and gutterpoliticians or midless puppets adding anything to a valid and informed debate?

Once again, I honour your right to ask questions of either board, but is this forum a place where you think your questions will be answered?

Is the media the forum you expect to address your concerns??

Tell you what, I know one really good place for you to take your questions, if you want an informed, honest and open appraisal of the rival tickets ideals. If you need to form an opinion, PM me, the guy asked me not to give out his number, but WTF, you can ring him, organise a meeting with him, and believe me, he will meet with you, you can address your concerns to him personally and walk away from that meeting with whatever views you glean from it. Or you can just sit here spewing abuse, vitriol and trying to convince us that for one comment used by the press, and you, to condemn him, is the very reason alone why the board of the St kilda football club ceserves to stay with the current incumbants

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Think what you like bungiton.

:shock: :shock:

The insults that you have aimed at those supporting SFF and Greg Westaway are far more heinous thatn what you have to endure. Yours have been personal and uncalled for, whereas those aimed in your direction have in the most part been critical of your opinion not you as an individual.

Many on here are arguing to see more of the financial plans of SFF but have not resorted to abuse (unlike yourself). Strangely you are the only one getting it in the neck from other posters. Can't you spot why?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bungiton
SS Life Member

As to this desire to see detailed, costed plans for the future of the club now I find this to be a strange almost stupid position to base an attack from.

I often supply quotes to people, quite often quoting against competitors who are chasing the same job as me. To give my quote to these people, i'm sure they do not expect me to outline the quote, cost it and then send it to my competition for their thoughts.

I give my quote, explain my position as much as needed, but keep as much as possible confidential.

Seems to me my workmanship, integrity and honesty usually gets me the job, wonder how many i'd get if i had to mail a copy out to the competition each time?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Careful Bungi your're about to be red carded for making too much sense in consective posts :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote: I often supply quotes to people, quite often quoting against competitors who are chasing the same job as me. To give my quote to these people, i'm sure they do not expect me to outline the quote, cost it and then send it to my competition for their thoughts.
May not be how it works in business Bungi, but it is pretty much how it works when running for Government.

Put together your plan and how you are going to fund it.
Let the opposition pick it apart, then let the public decide which way to vote?

Wonder if there is any correlation between politics and the struggle for control of the StKFC.

I personally thin k Rod has run his race, but I’d still like to see a detailed business and Financial plan before I cast a vote for the SFF group.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bungiton wrote: The fact that the current board, knowing the membership is against them but holding out and forcing a EGM as a last ditch hope to cling to power will just cost the club, they should see their time is up and go
Personally, I would find rolling over in front of the information provided to be an ultimate disservice.

Incumbents having stated that if the challengers put forward a plan recognisably better than their own they will step aside, they have even offered a judging mediator. The action is on the challengers to provide a plan or alternative way to avoid the meeting.

But then, I WANT the meeting, because I hope it will result in a substantial discussion.

For the record, I don't think you're either a lemming or a plebiscite, or anything else you can come up with - I do think you're in a better position to make an informed decision than I am. I'm thinking that this discussion is like religion and politics all rolled into one.

As a result of how this has sucked me in the last couple of days, addressed the following to SFF via their website, and emailed it to the club as well. If I'm going to play at being conservative, I might as well do it properly.

I would like to know if St. Kilda Footy First plans to release information pertaining to business planning. i.e. whether you plan on generating revenue through borrowing & investment, where you want to invest and diversify, what your long term vision is, how you (and we the members) can benchmark you. 1 and 5 year projections (obviously difficult now, but adjustable and important)...

I've no love for the current admin, but from my POV, their mandate was to reduce debt, and they have just fulfilled this, and where we go from here is an issue that will have great relevance to whether we can turn a few good years into a culture of success long overdue for St. Kilda football club.

It concerns me that what I view as a business decision appears to be playing out as a political one. I do not doubt your passion, your belief in yourselves, or your good intentions.

I believe that as members, the only way we can truly make the best decision for St. Kilda footy club is to do due diligence, and that means a deep look at both yourselves and the incumbents vision going forward.

I hope we will get this opportunity.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bungiton
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:
bungiton wrote: I often supply quotes to people, quite often quoting against competitors who are chasing the same job as me. To give my quote to these people, i'm sure they do not expect me to outline the quote, cost it and then send it to my competition for their thoughts.
May not be how it works in business Bungi, but it is pretty much how it works when running for Government.

Wonder if there is any correlation between politics and the struggle for control of the StKFC.

I personally thin k Rod has run his race, but I’d still like to see a detailed business and Financial plan before I cast a vote for the SFF group.
I understand this point JB, Rudd is also a big winner in the popularity stakes at the minute, how many costed detailed plans has he laid out for his promises?

His popularity and the proposed need to rid Howard of the position are all he is riding on. Of everythnig he has promised, just what percentage is actually costed, financed and on view??

I think that if the EGM eventuates with BOTH parties given an oppurtunity to lay out their proposals eventuate you will see the detail you want.

Allow me to put on my mindless spivs, messianic complex hat for just a sec and ask where is the same detail for the incumbants? Why I have heard nothing at all from the board sincce their press release on thurs 13/sept? Which effectively tried to allow the AFL to pick a winner?

Seems they are doing just what they have done for the last three years, sitting on their hands doing nothing and seeing what eventuates.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:

Look out JB you will be charged with heresy, accused of not being a true Saints fan, and some pro Westaway lackey will even start a thread telling you to create your own ticket.

How dare you ask how the FFS is going to deliver us to the promised land - just take it on faith. :wink:

Actually agreed with everything you posted above, but dont let the pro Messiah desperates know that :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
Allow me to put on my mindless spivs, messianic complex hat for just a sec and ask where is the same detail for the incumbants? Why I have heard nothing at all from the board sincce their press release on thurs 13/sept? Which effectively tried to allow the AFL to pick a winner?

Seems they are doing just what they have done for the last three years, sitting on their hands doing nothing and seeing what eventuates.
For the thousandth time bungi the aspirants have said they will increase spending substantially and will fund it with increased revenue streams.

The incumbants have said look at our record we have retired 3.7 mill in debt and have had four consecutive million dollar profits.

They are not running on a ticket of spend spend spend like the aspirants.

They are not calling an AGM costing the club (aka its members) $100k.

They dont have to spell out where they will get the money for the increased huge spending like a drunken sailor that Westaway proclaims he will do.

If you think BTW that getting the club multiple $mill profits and retiring 3.7 mill in debt is "nothing" well thats your opinion.

To me they have done something, a great deal of something, while the FFS shows us nothing.

Why cant i ask for these people to outline iin detail their costings?

Why wont they present them to the AFl for analasis?

What have they got to hide?

Can anyone please show me BTW where Rod Butters wont allow the members to vote as has been accused here?

I just read where the FFS got the proxies up early to force a spill and thereby avoid an EGM.

Why aren't the usual suspects crying that Westaway doesn't want to give the members a vote.

Rampant hypocricy by the pro Westaway messiah complex jackboot stormtrooper rooted squares (of s.hit sorry wrong rant) on here.

You know it makes sense.

Lance or James??

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bungiton wrote:As to this desire to see detailed, costed plans for the future of the club now I find this to be a strange almost stupid position to base an attack from.

I often supply quotes to people, quite often quoting against competitors who are chasing the same job as me. To give my quote to these people, i'm sure they do not expect me to outline the quote, cost it and then send it to my competition for their thoughts.

I give my quote, explain my position as much as needed, but keep as much as possible confidential.

Seems to me my workmanship, integrity and honesty usually gets me the job, wonder how many i'd get if i had to mail a copy out to the competition each time?
I suppose I would compare a Footy Board Challenge similarly to how I would regard an open tender at fixed rates.

If you choose to persue the tender, you'll need to meet their requirements, put together your numbers, and do so in the knowledge that the open tender means that there's going to be enough competition that someone will pick up the specified rates, what you've got to do better than everyone else is present HOW you're going to do so.

When my company quotes business, we often are NOT the cheapest. As the saying goes, you can chase businesss through price, through service, and through quality, it's hard to do all 3. However, if the relationships are good, quotes can say confidential all over them and our competition's wind up in our hands, and ours wind up in our competitions - if the customer does due diligence, they're going to know what market value is. I'd imagine it's the same in your line too - I'm not sure what either the incumbents or SFF would be worried about the opposition finding out... especially if the end result is supposed to be good for the club, and not just good for the ticket.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bungiton
SS Life Member

The fact that by receiving proxies from the members to cause a spill is actually giving the members a choice escape you Joffaboy, after all isn't the fact that if the SFF were to recieve 20,000 proxies a fair indication that a solid vote has already taken place?

The collection of proxies is basically an informal vote, people have the right to change their mind, but if the SFF ticket were to recieve an overwhelming amount of proxies I'd see this as a valid endosrement of the supporter base.

The fact that the current board aren't currently chasing the same proxies and would rather the SFF simply hand a business plan to the AFL to let them decide seems a tad lazy in my mind. if they want to stay as the board of the St KFC, why aren;t they out fighting for the right?

I agree the mandate of the current board was to arrest debt, agree that they have made good on this promise. now that they have delivered, what is their outline for their future tenure? Why wasn't it outlined as soon as debt was made good, why is there no news on the elite training facility other than we can't talkk sensibly with council?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I've read snippets from several posts where Joffaboy has attacked SFF primarily for not providing some financials to back themselves up.

Understand his disappointment in not knowing them - we'd all like to see it.

BUT - as has been mentioned plenty of times by others, it's politics and would give RB and his ticket the ability to rebut all the points/issues and start a slanging match.

RB has had 8 years to create an effective plan and it hasn't been working wel recently.

JB - if you are passionate enough, why not create your own ticket?

It's a free world, it's your choice, go for it.

Otherwise - please accept the reality of the situation and go for either option (A) or (B)!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I've read snippets from several posts where Joffaboy has attacked SFF primarily for not providing some financials to back themselves up.

Understand his disappointment in not knowing them - we'd all like to see it.

BUT - as has been mentioned plenty of times by others, it's politics and would give RB and his ticket the ability to rebut all the points/issues and start a slanging match.

RB has had 8 years to create an effective plan and it hasn't been working wel recently.

JB - if you are passionate enough, why not create your own ticket?

It's a free world, it's your choice, go for it.

Otherwise - please accept the reality of the situation and go for either option (A) or (B)!
This was deleted once, and just show the lengths the Westaway lackeys will go to attack me.

Its a free world alright, except on Saintsational where you will be howled down for not toeing the party line and get attacked by the messiah complex Westaway lackeys.

saintspremiers - you have attacked Andrew Demetriou and the AFL, why dont you run for CEO of the AFL :roll: :roll: :roll:

Same idiotic logic as your crap post.

Lance or James??

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: For the thousandth time bungi the aspirants have said they will increase spending substantially and will fund it with increased revenue streams.
Yup, thats what they said, what have the incumbants said?
joffaboy wrote: The incumbants have said look at our record we have retired 3.7 mill in debt and have had four consecutive million dollar profits.
Yup how have these profits been achieved, is it in fact by raising revenue, attracting corporate monies or just taking away spending from where it is needed? ie A marketing department to understaffed to find new sponsors or service the ones they already have
joffaboy wrote:
They are not running on a ticket of spend spend spend like the aspirants.

Nope at the moment they're running on nothing, nothing and oh hey F#$k Grant Thomas
joffaboy wrote: They are not calling an AGM costing the club (aka its members) $100k.
Nope their not really calling for anything that i can see at all, other than another opportunity to say "Hey by the way F#$k Grant Thomas". Oh talking about Thomas, I suppose the SFF ticket is also responsible for the $260 odd thousand law suit, who is ultimately responsible for this debt, oh golly me, the members!
joffaboy wrote: They dont have to spell out where they will get the money for the increased huge spending like a drunken sailor that Westaway proclaims he will do.
After all your ranting on this one little aspect it seems I can rest assured whatever this spending is it wont be drunken
joffaboy wrote: If you think BTW that getting the club multiple $mill profits and retiring 3.7 mill in debt is "nothing" well thats your opinion.
Imagine those profits if monies in the vicinity of $500,00 per year were spent on a real coach, not a mate from the bush leagues

joffaboy wrote: To me they have done something, a great deal of something, while the FFS shows us nothing.

Why cant i ask for these people to outline iin detail their costings?

Why wont they present them to the AFl for analasis?

What have they got to hide?
Who says they have anything to hide, if as stated they have sponsorship aspirants that have asked for confidentiality, don't you think risking their integrity (thats a new word isn't it?) by honouring this request shows that they have something?
joffaboy wrote: Can anyone please show me BTW where Rod Butters wont allow the members to vote as has been accused here?
Now this is the piece de resistance, you attack the members proxies being used to cause a spill yet you still don't see the hypocrisy in what you've typed here?

The members use the proxy, ie the wish of the member to cast their vote, yet you don't see the Butterss administration allowing the afl decide the outcome based on business plans as taking away the members rights. If the AFL decrees from it big shiny hiney the SFF has the better plan Butterss will do the honourable thing and resign, doesn't this admission take away the rights of the members?? After all a mamebers proxy isn't justification for him to stand down but a nod from big Andy is, why surrender then, isn't he taking away the rights of the members to vote for him or against him?
joffaboy wrote: I just read where the FFS got the proxies up early to force a spill and thereby avoid an EGM.

Why aren't the usual suspects crying that Westaway doesn't want to give the members a vote.

Rampant hypocricy by the pro Westaway messiah complex jackboot stormtrooper rooted squares (of s.hit sorry wrong rant) on here.
Blah blah blah

joffaboy wrote:You know it makes sense.
This is in fact the most infactual line in your spiel

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers - you have attacked Andrew Demetriou and the AFL, why dont you run for CEO of the AFL :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not experienced enough in business to run the AFL, what's your excuse for not creating a ticket?

bungiton
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I'm not experienced enough in business to run the AFL, what's your excuse for not creating a ticket?
yup joffaboy just keep insulting the integrity of anyone who isn't as gifted as you instead

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I'm not experienced enough in business to run the AFL, what's your excuse for not creating a ticket?
because I am not a slimy snake in the grass with an ego the size of Myers who thinks they can run a football club.

So your by your skewed logic, anyone who critisises the FFs should start their own ticket?

Fair Dinkum the depths the pro Westaway messiah seeking lackies will plumb have no bounds :roll:

I take it from your self confessed ignorance in running the AFL that you will desist in critisisng Demetriou??????

Is this still a forum or does everyone have to conform to the party line and everybody elses views? :roll:

Lance or James??

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Look out JB you will be charged with heresy, accused of not being a true Saints fan, and some pro Westaway lackey will even start a thread telling you to create your own ticket.
Why would he be attacked? He's asking reasonable questions.

Oh, I see, he hasn't actually called GW an "incompetent gorilla" or insulted his fellow saintsationalites........ :roll:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: This was deleted once, and just show the lengths the Westaway lackeys will go to attack me.

Its a free world alright, except on Saintsational where you will be howled down for not toeing the party line and get attacked by the messiah complex Westaway lackeys.

Has Joffaboy been possessed by B4E?

Or has B4E abducted him and broken in to his account?

I haven't seen such incessant repetition (messiah related in this case) since our last B4E tirade.

BTW where is B4E?