Does Ross Lyon read this site? Maybe he should

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Your friggin 18 and you talk about 5-10 years ago. Stop listening to your dad and think for yourself little d.
I went to every St Kilda game in Melbourne between 1997 and 2005, and have probably averaged watching 2-3 games a week on TV since I was about 8 years old.

Clearly I'm not qualified to comment.

Stop being an ageist. It's a legal offence.

If a 40-year old logged and wrote exactly what I did, would you have dignified them with a response?

Or found another way to avoid addressing their arguments?

You repeat like a mantra the line "the game has got better" or something similar.

I disagree because:
The game has lost its diversity in player type, the characters, the connection with supporters, lost passion from the players and coaches, lost it's physical toughness and IMO isn't in as good a state as it was 10 years ago.
Can you support your point of view with anything?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Your friggin 18 and you talk about 5-10 years ago. Stop listening to your dad and think for yourself little d.
I went to every St Kilda game in Melbourne between 1997 and 2005, and have probably averaged watching 2-3 games a week on TV since I was about 8 years old.

Clearly I'm not qualified to comment.

Stop being an ageist. It's a legal offence.

If a 40-year old logged and wrote exactly what I did, would you have dignified them with a response?

Or found another way to avoid addressing their arguments?

You repeat like a mantra the line "the game has got better" or something similar.

I disagree because:
The game has lost its diversity in player type, the characters, the connection with supporters, lost passion from the players and coaches, lost it's physical toughness and IMO isn't in as good a state as it was 10 years ago.
Can you support your point of view with anything?
Yes I can because it is clearly better to watch than 5 years ago. Please show me a comment where you thought that in 2004 and 2005. You will not have one because it is us that are not playing good footy not other sides.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So they will kick it to the wing instead of the forward line as he still will be the only one leading.
well maybe he will end up at chb if that happens. he's a superstar, but our reliance on him is crippling imo.

plugger66 wrote: Kosi is way to(o) slow and doesnt present and G is nearly finished.
kosi always presents and was our most effective forward target last night. G was our most effective forward the previous week against carlton. granted he is nearing the end of his career, but i'm thinking no further ahead than 2008.

plugger66 wrote:What forwards do though is keep the ball in the forward line and Kosi and G cannot do that.
neither can riewoldt. the number of times we've kicked it to him and the ball has been swept away are ample evidence of that.
Well please explain how we had as many entries as them but didnt get close in the end. It is simple we are not mobile enough. Tall forwards are a thing of the past unless they can move quickly. Please give me a lumbering forward like Kosi and G who work together as a team. It is old ftime footy and will not work these days.
I still have confidence that Kosi can work without G, but both of them up there just doesn't work.

G looks fitter this year to me, I still have this thing about him playing full back

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

well where's roo in all this? he hasn't been our most effective forward either week. perhaps it will be his turn against geelong.

we certainly need someone to stand up. maybe it will be the captain
I think part of the problem is that he and Kosi are often running to the same spots....limiting each others effectiveness.

Remember also that when they try and mark the same ball..that they are also concentrating two backmen there as well.

Now Roo can play as one of the 2 key forwards....or elswhere.

But I would prefer only two big forwards.

One big forward sitting on the bench rotaing as an alternative I don't favour as well as that then bites into rotating your mids.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Does Ross Lyon read this forum?

If I had my way, he'd have plenty more time to do so.

Greg Westaway - if you read this - here is what I think you should do.

Give "Rossy" a chance to at least give a creditable performance against the Cats: eg, a close loss (a win is almost unimaginable ATM). If he manages this, then he needs to deliver a win - nothing less - against the Bombers.

If he fails in this, and we end up 2-3, I think that Westaway should seek out Matt Rendell wherever he is and beg him to come back and take over. Lyon and his gumby henchmen would be sacked as a job lot and Rendell allowed to bring in his own assistants.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mebabble you've just confirmed what an absolute tosser you are, when it comes to matters football.

You'd bring back the clown who couldn't even read out the right player code at last years National Draft, the same clown who was responsible for drafting Brooks, YES that's right it was Rendell's idea and we gave up pick 6 and pick 31 as if pick 6 wasn't enough, FAIR DINKUM, the very same clown who was responsible for drafting Ackland, YES that's right it was also Rendell's idea.

Rendell is an absolute complete and utter numbnut, yet you'd sack Lyon if we lose the next two games and offer boy wonder Bundy the gig :roll:

It does not surprise me that a pre-ejaculating bone monkey and GT doll worshipper such as yourself would have such an imbecilic view, because I've seen enough of your incessant babble to know what a nauseating numbnutted nuffie you already are, but to put forward the suggestion that if we lose our next two games Lyon should be sacked and replaced by Rendell is fair dinkum the most stupid, ridiculous and moronic thing I've ever read on this site and with it's more than fair share of flaggetating flogs, that is truly saying something.

And you mebabble have the gall to call other posters ostriches and sRs as having his head stuck somewhere else :roll:

If it's not enough suggesting we sack Lyon in two weeks time if things don't go swimmingly, you top it off by saying you'd give the gig to the buffoon responsible for drafting Brooks and Ackland.

Talk about a small dick in need of a string and a brick.

You wouldn't even get the drum even if you had a brass band up ya,
pfft, Rendell .............FAIR DINKUM

Thankfully we have intelligent people running the club and not some laterally challenged, knob polishing, know nothing bone monkey.

Your babble is nauseating at best.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

well where's roo in all this? he hasn't been our most effective forward either week. perhaps it will be his turn against geelong.

we certainly need someone to stand up. maybe it will be the captain
I think part of the problem is that he and Kosi are often running to the same spots....limiting each others effectiveness.

Remember also that when they try and mark the same ball..that they are also concentrating two backmen there as well.

Now Roo can play as one of the 2 key forwards....or elswhere.

But I would prefer only two big forwards.

One big forward sitting on the bench rotaing as an alternative I don't favour as well as that then bites into rotating your mids.
i already gave you the solution. roo to the wing, kosi chf, fraser ff.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Yes I can because it is clearly better to watch than 5 years ago. Please show me a comment where you thought that in 2004 and 2005. You will not have one because it is us that are not playing good footy not other sides.
Certainly St Kilda's relative success or failure impacts on my thoughts of the game, but I don't watch other teams playing nearly as much as I used to because I find them less interesting to watch.

I haven't watched AFL as much in general over the last 3 years as I did in the early 00's.

There is not the same level of physical toughness or level of sentiment in the game IMO. It is now too over-umpired, too soft and run by a power-hungry and unaccountable organisation off the field.

Unfortunately I was not a member of this forum in 2004, so I can't show you a comment about my thoughts on the game during that period.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

i already gave you the solution. roo to the wing, kosi chf, fraser ff.
You are mixing me up with Plugger perhaps????.

My comment was that if Roo was on the wing.....that you would not have 3 big forwards anymore. You would have 2.

Roo would then be a big wingman...not a big forward.

There are lots of options with 2 big forwards...and where the third redundant would play including one perhaps being at Casey.

I just prefer that all 3 do not populate the forward line.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Omly proves you watch the saints and have no idea what so ever. Clearly better footy these days but you are influenced by our play. You clearly have no idea.
Your the friggin moron who has no idea, buttplugger

If only there was an IQ test before registration was accepted on this site, so this forum would be spared from dickwads such as yourself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Yes I can because it is clearly better to watch than 5 years ago. Please show me a comment where you thought that in 2004 and 2005. You will not have one because it is us that are not playing good footy not other sides.
Certainly St Kilda's relative success or failure impacts on my thoughts of the game, but I don't watch other teams playing nearly as much as I used to because I find them less interesting to watch.

I haven't watched AFL as much in general over the last 3 years as I did in the early 00's.

There is not the same level of physical toughness or level of sentiment in the game IMO. It is now too over-umpired, too soft and run by a power-hungry and unaccountable organisation off the field.

Unfortunately I was not a member of this forum in 2004, so I can't show you a comment about my thoughts on the game during that period.
I am with you there. The power hungry AFL told 16 coahes to play the way thay do today. And because you havent watched it as much in the last 3 years must mean footy is struggling. Just ask Cats supporters.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I just prefer that all 3 do not populate the forward line.
well starting roo on a wing would give you the best of both worlds. he'd play it quite unlike anyone else and i'd fully expect to see him going forward and kicking goals regularly.

kosi and fraser are both easily good enough to hold down key forward positions, even in the days of the "super midfield".

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I just prefer that all 3 do not populate the forward line.
well starting roo on a wing would give you the best of both worlds. he'd play it quite unlike anyone else and i'd fully expect to see him going forward and kicking goals regularly.

kosi and fraser are both easily good enough to hold down key forward positions, even in the days of the "super midfield".
I think Hawthorn should play Franklin on the wing because is fast as well and they also have 2 talll forwards.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Give "Rossy" a chance to at least give a creditable performance against the Cats: eg, a close loss (a win is almost unimaginable ATM). If he manages this, then he needs to deliver a win - nothing less - against the Bombers.

If he fails in this, and we end up 2-3, I think that Westaway should seek out Matt Rendell wherever he is and beg him to come back and take over. Lyon and his gumby henchmen would be sacked as a job lot and Rendell allowed to bring in his own assistants.
Mebabble you've just confirmed what an absolute tosser you are, when it comes to matters football.

You'd bring back the clown who couldn't even read out the right player code at last years National Draft, the same clown who was responsible for drafting Brooks, YES that's right it was Rendell's idea and we gave up pick 6 and pick 31 as if pick 6 wasn't enough, FAIR DINKUM, the very same clown who was responsible for drafting Ackland, YES that's right it was also Rendell's idea.

Rendell is an absolute complete and utter numbnut, yet you'd sack Lyon if we lose the next two games and offer boy wonder Bundy the gig :roll:

It does not surprise me that a pre-ejaculating bone monkey and GT doll worshipper such as yourself would have such an imbecilic view, because I've seen enough of your incessant babble to know what a nauseating numbnutted nuffie you already are, but to put forward the suggestion that if we lose our next two games Lyon should be sacked and replaced by Rendell is fair dinkum the most stupid, ridiculous and moronic thing I've ever read on this site and with it's more than fair share of flaggetating flogs, that is truly saying something.

And you mebabble have the gall to call other posters ostriches and sRs as having his head stuck somewhere else :roll:

If it's not enough suggesting we sack Lyon in two weeks time if things don't go swimmingly, you top it off by saying you'd give the gig to the buffoon responsible for drafting Brooks and Ackland.

Thankfully we have intelligent people running the club and not some laterally challenged, knob polishing, know nothing bone monkey.

This post has now confirmed me to not bother much here anymore...

as if I did anyway????

Some posters have no idea on football. and keep crapping on with their agenda time and time again.....

Well I hate to crap on, but this thread has to be the worst I have ever read on here....

Some poster wants to give Rendell another chance to F*** this club up??

If that is the view of this forum, well it would be good to see the back of this site IMO

FAIR DINKUM!

There are some posters on here that have no farking idea IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think Hawthorn should play Franklin on the wing because is fast as well and they also have 2 talll forwards.
not a bad idea. do they have a kick-it-to-buddy problem over there?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think Hawthorn should play Franklin on the wing because is fast as well and they also have 2 talll forwards.
Yes they do. They kick it to there best forward but there other talls have some ability at ground level. Something G and Kosi do not have.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote: It is now too over-umpired, too soft
exactly, the game is starting to suck, because of the over officiating clowns on the field and the fools committee introducing idiotic rules

one charity free kick after another

watch the Hahn free kick in the third quarter against Hudghton for an apprently illegal arm chop

what a fair dinkum joke

unfortunately decisions such as this are now the norm

football is turning into women's netball, one charity free kick after another

as soon as the umpires start paying silly free kicks I turn off the TV

when they let the game go, things start becoming interesting and you see more physical contests and a true test of each teams abilities

My interest in football is diminishing greatly as a result of the imbeciles on the Fools Committee and the AFL's hidden agenda's

Demetriou imposes his view as to how the game should be played upon us all, and it sucks big time

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Yes they do. They kick it to there best forward but there other talls have some ability at ground level. Something G and Kosi do not have.
The Hawks do not play two big tall slow forwards as part of their 3.

They play 3 talls where are all are quite nimble and Buddy exceptionally so.

If we had three Roos we could do likewise....

If Gtrain and Kosi were in their prime we could do likewise...but they are not.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
The Hawks do not play two big tall slow forwards as part of their 3.

They play 3 talls where are all are quite nimble and Buddy exceptionally so.

If we had three Roos we could do likewise....

If Gtrain and Kosi were in their prime we could do likewise...but they are not.
if the mid-fielders moved the ball quickly and kicked it to Kosi and G's advantage, they'd win the ball 90% of the time and the ball would never hit the deck to be rebounded

that is one thing teams like the Hawks, Dogs and Cats do, and thats why they're all undefeated, i'm just waiting for Ross to wake up....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:They kick it to their best forward but their other talls have some ability at ground level. Something G and Kosi do not have
I wouldn't have thought that ability at ground level is riewoldt's greatest attribute either.

his strengths are more his mobility and enormous endurance (where he has it over fraser and kosi) along with his height and ability to present and mark on the lead.

in that sense he'd be very good on a wing or at chf or ff.

kosi's strengths are that he is a very good contested mark (better than riewoldt or gehrig in my opinion).

he will always provide a contest under a high ball and is pretty good at bringing it to ground for the likes of milnes and schneider.

he's also improving his kicking for goal. in those ways he'd make a good chf and if he can improve on the lead he'll be even better.

fraser's strength is his pace on the lead over a short distance and his ability to outbustle opponents.

he's also the best kick for goal in the team (better than either riewoldt or kosi in my opinion). his tank isn't what it was so he's a good fit at ff.

you can't be all things to all people and each of the big 3 is exceptional in his own way.

we're not hawthorn or geelong or the bulldogs. we have our own players with their own individual strengths.

it is for RL to find a gameplan that takes advantage of these strengths and also minimises our weaknesses.

but while we are all debating what is the best forward structure let's not overlook what really cost us the game on friday.

our inability to get the ball ... virtually anywhere. we were pantsed by one of the form teams of the competition. for this reason i think owts is right that both cj and armitage should be inclusions this week.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:we were pantsed by one of the form teams of the competition. for this reason i think owts is right that both cj and armitage should be inclusions this week.
And there it is in a nutshell. When we were winning the midfield/clearences/contested ball in the first 20 minutes how did we look then? And how poor did the Bullies look?

And for the rest of the game it was the exact opposite. We were spanked in the middle, our forwards were very poorly serviced by atrocious disposal, and our backs were under siege by a fleet footed and pinpoint disposal midfield. Of course we looked like crap, and the gameplan looked horrible.

Footy is a simple game; win the guts, win the game. And we were flogged in the guts after 20 minutes, Luke Ball aside.

The gameplan is fine when our workrate is up, our midfield is getting enough of the pill, and we contest well. No gameplan will stand up if those components are missing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
our inability to get the ball ... virtually anywhere.

we were pantsed by one of the form teams of the competition. for this reason i think owts is right that both cj and armitage should be inclusions this week.
Indeed....and playing 2 big forwards and not 3 increases the ability to play an extra mid.

To me it is an issue about team balance and structure.

I would rather an extra player to get the ball...rather than an extra player to recive the ball.

Particularly when I think that 3 tall receivers do not in fact receive the ball notmuch more than 2 would have.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:From what i've seen over this year and last year it more or less goes like this.

The majority of supporters are on the cusp of disappointment. Every win is more of a sigh of relief that they don't have to watch another depressing loss for at least another 6 or 7 days.
When theirs a win, Everyone tries to focus on the positives, completely obliterating the negatives from every angle.

But when theirs a loss, everything comes out, theirs no more holding back because now theirs a reason. Too many supporters have a negative view of our gameplan, which says something about our gameplan. Not enough supporters want to watch us play.

Everyone holds their breath at the beginning of each match, praying that we will score 150 points, defeat the opposition by any amount of points, but play positively and well. This week especially, it was like a sneak preview, we got shown what we could do...but once again, it was only a preview.

Fantastic Post.

st paddy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

Can one of the mods please explain to be why barks4eva seems to have carte blanche to abuse people as he feels fit?

I'm deadly serious here - other people have to play by the rules but this guy is seems to be immune.

Obviously he is in league with the OWTS of the world either by personal association or as part of some PM clique - which would explain why he is always so quick to defend this prepubescent luminary.

Almost every time I get on this forum I notice another thread where this guy is straight out abusing someone yet nothing ever seems to happen.

OWTS is the original Mr. 'play by the rules' but I can just about put money on the fact that his whistle stays firmly in the top pocket of his short sleeved white shirt when Barks starts abusing people in his defense.

Whilst I'm on OWTS - mate are you trying to tell us that as an 8 year old your analysis of the of the game deemed it to be better than what it is now?

Are you sure you didn't just go to games for the pies, drinks and face paints like every other 8 year old?

For God sake mate give us all a break and as Plugger66 has already said - stop parroting your old man and start thinking for yourself.

:roll:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Can one of the mods please explain to be why barks4eva seems to have carte blanche to abuse people as he feels fit?

I'm deadly serious here - other people have to play by the rules but this guy is seems to be immune.

Obviously he is in league with the OWTS of the world either by personal association or as part of some PM clique - which would explain why he is always so quick to defend this prepubescent luminary.

Almost every time I get on this forum I notice another thread where this guy is straight out abusing someone yet nothing ever seems to happen.

OWTS is the original Mr. 'play by the rules' but I can just about put money on the fact that his whistle stays firmly in the top pocket of his short sleeved white shirt when Barks starts abusing people in his defense.

Whilst I'm on OWTS - mate are you trying to tell us that as an 8 year old your analysis of the of the game deemed it to be better than what it is now?

Are you sure you didn't just go to games for the pies, drinks and face paints like every other 8 year old?

For God sake mate give us all a break and as Plugger66 has already said - stop parroting your old man and start thinking for yourself.

Don't worry about me, mate. I was happy to see B4E abusing me once more: I had found myself starting to agree with him in a couple of recent posts and I was getting worried.

Please understand that, apart from his ability to repeat every possible slang term for masturbating that he can find in the Oxford Dictionary of Australian Slang or wherever, he dosn't make any sense at all.

In this particular post, he was sounding off about Rendell's inability to read out the draft picks correctly or some other hugely irrelevant issue of which I was not aware, as well as his supposed involvement in recruiting two ruckmen from Port Adelaide (yes, that's right everyone, ruckmen - B4E's favourite position). Two ruckmen who went ok at first before somewhat bottoming out (in Brooks's case, because of serious injury which dented his rather fragile confidence: something that has happened before with many high draft picks and will happen again).

IMO Rendell was the main brains behind the 2003-06 game plan which used most of our players to their best advantage. Just take Gram for an example: a world-beater in his first full season, but looking extremely average nowadays. Or Harves: while (as you would expect) his abilities have deteriorated, I also don't think he is being used properly this season.
Or Kosi: used to much better effect (when fit) than nowadays.

That said, I saw that Ross Lyon Supercoach has picked up one masterstroke from the GT-Bundy era: Blake in the ruck. What do you reckon about that one B4E?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote: Can one of the mods please explain to be why barks4eva seems to have carte blanche to abuse people as he feels fit?

If dickwads like mebabble want Lyon sacked in two weeks if we lose the next two>FAIR DINKUM and if that's not enough he wants to replace him with the cabbage who couldn't even read out the right player code number at last year's national draft, then I'll call a spade a spade or in this case a know nothing, johnson jangling, wrist wrangling, todger tugging, rodger rubbing, schlong bonging, pre-ejaculating bone monkey a know nothing, johnson jangling, wrist wrangling, todger tugging, rodger rubbing, schlong bonging, pre-ejaculating bone monkey

Imbeciles, lubricated goat riders and ass bandits, like yourself who abuse people left right and centre, absolutely no need for that sort of behaviour, derserve warnings and bannings.

Get with the program paddy, I'm a sacred cow, untouchable, little tin god, beyond reproach, show some respect you insignificant little pole polishing plebian.