Get on the line and give it to Dermie!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Interesting Matthew Knights has praised Banger this morning, telling his players Harveys work rate is what is required to be great in this game.
It's not suprising.....they entered the league the same year '88.

Knight's called it a day in '01 or '02.....so he's been watching Harvey continue to perfrom at least 6 years on from the day he hung up the boots.

You'd have nothing but praise and respect for a man like that.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

yeah i have nothing but praise for a man that can say the standard his team should be setting is what a 37 year old brings to the stkilda football club and to the afl community

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Well done mate. Now watch tossers like Grant Thomas & Dermie analyse every move from Robert Harvey. Any good performance will be "cheap kicks" etc & every poor performance will be highlighted with the magnifying glass.

ABSOLUTE TOSSERS, admit you were wrong.
It's very much like on here.

Once someone 'makes a call', they will rarely admit they were wrong.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To be honest, I quite like the fact that commentators are prepared to make 'big calls'.

Not just for the sake of it of course, 'headline grabbing' is a pet hate of mine. But if they genuinely think something then they should put their neck on the line and say it how they think it is.

Clearly, Dermie was outright wrong and completely stupid and oddly naive to write someone off (let alone Robert Harvey) after a R1 praccy match.

I'd like to see him concede he was wrong, but I like to see 'experts' do what they're paid to do - give opinion. Whether it be popular or not.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Buckets wrote:Asked him how many possies he had - i didnt know :lol: 8-) I said that he may have been a bit silly in saying that he should have given it away last year and that it was good to see him stick it to those who were stupid enough to pull the curtain down on a champion too quickly!
Show him no respect at your own peril! He then quickly tried to say that the only reason that he got so many was cos there was no one on him! Absolute flog he is, would not even be able to admit he was wrong even with a gun to his head me thinks!

"chicken legs" Brereton must be a bitter man as he only had a few good years early on in his career intermingled with a lot of memorable thuggery so Banger is everything he was not - most importantly a decent person.

rexy
SS Life Member

Think Derm is entitled to his opinion, it is wrong and makes him look foolish because instead of saying that he is worried about Harvys form or questioning his decision to play on, he made a bold statement that Harvey has easily disproved. Dermott is not very smart and should stick to comments on what has happened instead of trying to predict what will happen.

I also beleive he is quick to write guys off because his own career came to such an abrupt end. Sour Grapes

Maybe this year?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

On SEn this morning, Derm whilst ascknowledging Harves played well last night (again stating that many posessions were as a result of having no-one on him) refused point blank to say he was 'wrong' in his assessment.

He stated his call was correct after the 3 GAMES he had watched him in. No-one on the panel bothered to pick him up on the fact that it was the first NAB game!

Listening to him trying not to admit his error was like watching a fish caught on a fishing line - wriggling and squirming but geting nowhere.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
savatage wrote:
Well done mate. Now watch tossers like Grant Thomas & Dermie analyse every move from Robert Harvey. Any good performance will be "cheap kicks" etc & every poor performance will be highlighted with the magnifying glass.

Yes but how many on here are paid for their opinion?

Dermott Brereton lives off his reputation of a football expert.

today he basically said if you didn'y agree with him on this issue you dont know anything about football. Is this what being an expert means? If it is he gets his money under false pretentions.

he said the only reason Harvey was any good last night becaus he was the spare man in the fourth qtr. Um Derm he got 8 possessions in qtr 2, and 9 in qtr 3 when the Dons were making their charge.

He is wrong dead wrong and his mate Grant Thomas, who at least was balanced in his views and basically said the obvious about Harvs, basically told him so, when he asked if he wanted to torch Lloyd after last night.

Brereton has made a fool of himself on this one particular issue.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
savatage wrote:

Yes but how many on here are paid for their opinion?

Dermott Brereton lives off his reputation of a football expert.

today he basically said if you didn'y agree with him on this issue you dont know anything about football. Is this what being an expert means? If it is he gets his money under false pretentions.

he said the only reason Harvey was any good last night becaus he was the spare man in the fourth qtr. Um Derm he got 8 possessions in qtr 2, and 9 in qtr 3 when the Dons were making their charge.

He is wrong dead wrong and his mate Grant Thomas, who at least was balanced in his views and basically said the obvious about Harvs, basically told him so, when he asked if he wanted to torch Lloyd after last night.

Brereton has made a fool of himself on this one particular issue.
Absolutely.

Not only is he wrong, his reasons for coming to the conclusion he did (ie. R1 praccy match form) are quite simply unbelievable.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:To be honest, I quite like the fact that commentators are prepared to make 'big calls'.

Not just for the sake of it of course, 'headline grabbing' is a pet hate of mine. But if they genuinely think something then they should put their neck on the line and say it how they think it is.

Clearly, Dermie was outright wrong and completely stupid and oddly naive to write someone off (let alone Robert Harvey) after a R1 praccy match.

I'd like to see him concede he was wrong, but I like to see 'experts' do what they're paid to do - give opinion. Whether it be popular or not.
Spot on the money.

And he's entitled to his view.

That he's wrong doesn't overly worry me.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Dermie basically said Banger was good once given the cheap kick role

WHAT A FLOG :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dermie's actually a f-wick...from a long line of f-wicks and losers......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i said last week...that we were in the game...more than just in the game,.....we were giving it to the pussycats well and good..... mainly through bangers early dominance...then he got hurt...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:To be honest, I quite like the fact that commentators are prepared to make 'big calls'.

Theres a difference between giving an "opinion" and being sensible enough to have it at least marginally based on some logic/fact. Writing off a game legend on 1 praccy match doesnt cut it for mine.

If I want controversy I'll ring Derryn - with footy I want some insight, some intelligent comment not morons that will say anything to get their name in the press and use the name of a genuine champ to do it.

I doubt Brereton even genuinely believes what hes saying - its theatre and why I dont listen to his or footy show tripe. Better off going to see a show - same choreagraphed stuff. How many times do we need to see Crawfor grab Sams @ss? or Gary on the stretcher ?before we say - enough twits how bout some footy???

“Yeah….nah””
crowjelly
Club Player

Was that the Forum's Riccardo who tried to give Dermie a serve today on SEN - but got both barrels back from the XCHF!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

crowjelly wrote:Was that the Forum's Riccardo who tried to give Dermie a serve today on SEN - but got both barrels back from the XCHF!
Was that the caller that said to get off his botox?

Dermie didnt like that one

Before Im 85
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
crowjelly wrote:Was that the Forum's Riccardo who tried to give Dermie a serve today on SEN - but got both barrels back from the XCHF!
Was that the caller that said to get off his botox?

Dermie didnt like that one
no differant riccardo who can be abit of a goose himself-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

Spot on the money.

And he's entitled to his view.

That he's wrong doesn't overly worry me.
Very much entitled to his opinions, just expect them to be based on something other than the 2mins of footy he gets to watch these days.

He is clearly wrong, and was always going to be, but his desperate defence of his opinion after the game Friday night, bagging Harv's clangers, calling him an outside player etc were just plain ego.

The game has passed him by, simple as that, stick to driving Ferrari's on getaway and pulling bimbos in clubs mate.