Michael Gardiner was great

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Perhaps if we look at it this way...Gardi was better than Rix....but not as good as he has been for us this year.
Hardly trained since hurt himself. Was short of a run and only played because we had no real options.
My thoughts exactly.

I expect that against the Pies we will see a lot more effective Gardi.....he has two weeks of full training now to ramp himself upa fair bit.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
happy feet
Club Player

Simmonds

Yes, Simmonds was real good at lifting the knee into Kosi all night. Did anyone else notice this?

Simmonds will come unstuck big time for this tactic. It works for a while until someone bigger and meaner than you will smash you to bits for what ruckmen consider a low tactic.

Who is big enough and mean enough to square up. Luck for Simmonds big Carl is not around. Crakers Keenan would have belted him into next week.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Simmonds

happy feet wrote:Yes, Simmonds was real good at lifting the knee into Kosi all night. Did anyone else notice this?

Simmonds will come unstuck big time for this tactic. It works for a while until someone bigger and meaner than you will smash you to bits for what ruckmen consider a low tactic.

Who is big enough and mean enough to square up. Luck for Simmonds big Carl is not around. Crakers Keenan would have belted him into next week.
Bring back Michael Long. Simmonds and Melbourne whinged about his hit on him for months.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WaggaSaint
Club Player

Unfortunatly, a great deal of hitouts that Gards won were roved by Tigers. It shows that the ruckmen / on baller relationship isn't there yet, and also the tiges were all over us in clearances last night. next week should show a great deal of improvement.

When is King due back? these two in tandum will be inpressive. Just have to get the on ballers clicking, and we should have the center sorted... then to sort the forward line out...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote=saints.com]Injury list as of Monday April 28:

Steven King – hamstring, 1-2 weeks[/quote]

from this maybe lookng at the Pies game?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Simmonds knee into Kosi.

Last week Lade knee into Kosi.

Kosi has no idea how to play ruck.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint64
Club Player

Bono wrote:If you thought Gardiner was great, you must have been watching a match from 2003 when he wore the blue and gold. He's not in our best 22.

While I'm on it, Maguire and Raph Clarke were disgraceful. Neither of them deserve a match. Bring on Jarryd Allen and get Max back into the team.
Can't agree Bono. I thought Maguire was better this week than he has been. I thought Raph was actually pretty good. Gardiner didn't do much around the ground but he showed what a difference it makes having a class tap ruckman.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Simmonds knee into Kosi.

Last week Lade knee into Kosi.

Kosi has no idea how to play ruck.
Indeed.....

Ruckmen using knees is not new........................

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint edward wrote:In thought he played his part very well tonight and was very supirised when he was given a shared 2 votes in the bads on MMM by sammy hamill.
I think it was Wayne Schwass who gave the 'bads'?

I'm sorry it probably was i was in the car with a kid who couldnt keep his trap shut :lol:
Well obviously you were in the car with yourself...

But anyway, yes, I thought Gardy was pretty serviceable last night. Used his body well at the contests and took a few handy grabs down at half back.

Will get better with more game time, as he did in the first few weeks after the NAB consolation prize.

groupie1
Club Player

Bono wrote:If you thought Gardiner was great, you must have been watching a match from 2003 when he wore the blue and gold. He's not in our best 22.

While I'm on it, Maguire and Raph Clarke were disgraceful. Neither of them deserve a match. Bring on Jarryd Allen and get Max back into the team.
Raph was OK, absolutely no reason to drop him, although plenty of reasons to change where he plays

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Red
Club Player

Gardiner had 3 touches. He will get better if he can stay fit, but don't oversell

it. On that form the top tier ruckman would still have a night out.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He will be fitter in two weeks after more running.

He will go well againts Fraser and Woods.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

" Maguire and Raph Clarke were disgraceful. Neither of them deserve a match."
Bono what were you on while you watched the match. Raph had 19 possessions, laid 6 tackles, and was disgraceful? What is wrong with you people?