the umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterman
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:Anyone who thinks that the umpires don't have any effect on the outcome of games is living in fairy land.

Simply put, Collingwood received 4 very dubious free kicks that directly resulted in goals. In a 9 point result that does effect the outcome.

The one against BJ that Lockyer got was a disgrace & at a vital time.

Having said that we should have beat the filth despite this. Lenny missed 2 sodas & Milney missed one when Dal was all by himself in the fwd pocket.
Exactly, dubious indeed. Some on here dont even think they were dubious free kicks...quite obviously they'd prefer to blame the players, and only the players. Leave the umpires out of it according to them.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: the umpiring

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:it was terrible...so favourablr....terrible

dane swan throws it infrot of himself...get a free kick...somehow...goal...

sam fisher does not touch the ball...he camps over it...doesnt touch it...HOLDING THE BALL??? INTERESTING

the umpires beat us...not collingwood

and it farking hurts
No your wrong...when you lose and blame the umpires, you will always be a loser....we lost becasue we didnt take our chances...Milne, Hayes (twice) and various other missed opportunities. Simple as that.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Anyone who thinks that the umpires don't have any effect on the outcome of games is living in fairy land.

Simply put, Collingwood received 4 very dubious free kicks that directly resulted in goals. In a 9 point result that does effect the outcome.

Having said that we should have beat the filth despite this. Lenny missed 2 sodas & Milney missed one when Dal was all by himself in the fwd pocket.
Exactly, dubious indeed. Some on here dont even think they were dubious free kicks...quite obviously they'd prefer to blame the players, and only the players. Leave the umpires out of it according to them.
totally agree, yes we should have easily won that with the chances we had but the point still needs to be made, they umpires had a shocker! The kosi in the square was the worst I have seen in a long time. I'm curious about the many times players throw, yes THROW the ball in front of them and then either get the free for holding or is allowed to take a shot at goal (see davis goal in the third).

Also how was the push in the back thrown out the window? All we want is some kind of consistancy. The holding the ball is all up in the air, sometimes it's paid, sometimes it's not.

At the end of the day the pies got lucky with a few. It really deflates you when your key forward takes a great mark in the goal square and the ump decides to pay it against him for no real reason.

Oh and can anyone help me with the start of the final quarter. Those around me saw a saints player get put down and then was in utter suprise when the pies got the ball in the centre? :?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

totally agree, yes we should have easily won that with the chances we had but the point still needs to be made, they umpires had a shocker! The kosi in the square was the worst I have seen in a long time. I'm curious about the many times players throw, yes THROW the ball in front of them and then either get the free for holding or is allowed to take a shot at goal (see davis goal in the third).

Also how was the push in the back thrown out the window? All we want is some kind of consistancy. The holding the ball is all up in the air, sometimes it's paid, sometimes it's not.

At the end of the day the pies got lucky with a few. It really deflates you when your key forward takes a great mark in the goal square and the ump decides to pay it against him for no real reason.

Oh and can anyone help me with the start of the final quarter. Those around me saw a saints player get put down and then was in utter suprise when the pies got the ball in the centre? :?
Joffa (the Filth Cheer Squad Prez) told the goal Umpire to tell the boundary umpire to tell the fiekd umpire (you know the one who kept paying holding the ball against us all night) that Gehrig had 'passed wind' and under Rule 3.1 subsection 6b THE MANDATORY COLLINGWOOD FREE KICK RULE, it was na infringement that required a penalty.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Fishers one was a disgrace dud, have you ever played footy?? Awful decision, the worst for the nigt, and there were 5 or 6 shockers!
He dragged it in so he loses all rights unless he gets it out. Correct decision.

the flowering filth maggot was standing on the ball ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Fishers one was a disgrace dud, have you ever played footy?? Awful decision, the worst for the nigt, and there were 5 or 6 shockers!
He dragged it in so he loses all rights unless he gets it out. Correct decision.

the flowering filth maggot was standing on the ball ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Stinger, were you sitting on the City side of the Ground. I was and the ball definitely came out underneath the Collingwood player but the Umpire was on the docklands side and 'ASSUMED" that the ball was being 'hatched'. Once again a decision paid on assumption rather than seeing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Stinger, were you sitting on the City side of the Ground. I was and the ball definitely came out underneath the Collingwood player but the Umpire was on the docklands side and 'ASSUMED" that the ball was being 'hatched'. Once again a decision paid on assumption rather than seeing.
We are unlucky arent we MM. We are picked on a,ll the time.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is that the 'official word' from AFL headquarters mr Monkey-Boy Anderson's spokesperson?

I can't believe it took so long for your obligatory sarcastic pro all things AFL response to arrive.

And BTW, Mr AFL SPokesperson, where in my post did I suggest anything remotely near what your sarcastic post alleges?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is that the 'official word' from AFL headquarters mr Monkey-Boy Anderson's spokesperson?

I can't believe it took so long for your obligatory sarcastic pro all things AFL response to arrive.

And BTW, Mr AFL SPokesperson, where in my post did I suggest anything remotely near what your sarcastic post alleges?
I am with some friends know and they cant stop laughing at you. I said it was a bit harsh as you only had one eye. They know understand.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am with some friends know and they cant stop laughing at you. I said it was a bit harsh as you only had one eye. They know understand.
Are your friends named Denetriou and Anderson?

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Classic Plugger type response...predictable..and had a few laughing here too!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Actually I think Little Ray just gave the worst decision of the round - Santa O'Hairpin against Jono Brown off the ball resulting in a Lion goal.

Pathetic. Arms around the body apparently while the ball was forty metres away, but very poor umpiring, just let it go.

That small man Rampaging Ray Chamberlain needs to get over himself.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Standard reactionary umpire bashing garbage from various posters looking for somewhere to vent their spleen. From 58 - 43 up we went down 103 - 94.
Simply not good enough. Not hungry enough, not confident enough, not enough quality. Stop pointing the finger at the umpiring and start pointing at our own deficiencies. You just sound like a lot of sour grapes, whinging, crap losers.

Sainterman
Club Player

st.byron wrote:Standard reactionary umpire bashing garbage from various posters looking for somewhere to vent their spleen. From 58 - 43 up we went down 103 - 94.
Simply not good enough. Not hungry enough, not confident enough, not enough quality. Stop pointing the finger at the umpiring and start pointing at our own deficiencies. You just sound like a lot of sour grapes, whinging, crap losers.
Can you please highlight where the umpiring has been named as the cause of the loss? Can you point out where posters have singled this out, or where they have said that if not for the umpiring we would have won?

We had our chances last night, didnt take them, and coud have won the game. We made errors, dropped off for periods of the game and didnt kick goals we should have. AND...the umpiring didnt help.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote: Can you please highlight where the umpiring has been named as the cause of the loss? Can you point out where posters have singled this out, or where they have said that if not for the umpiring we would have won?

We had our chances last night, didnt take them, and coud have won the game. We made errors, dropped off for periods of the game and didnt kick goals we should have. AND...the umpiring didnt help.
Ah, so you want a bit each way. Yes you make concessions that we played poorly, but you couldn't resist tagging on the end that the umpiring was also partly responsible. Right there Sainterman is an example of someone i.e you, blaming the umpires. Forget this sh*t about the umpiring, we just weren't bloody good enough. End of story.

Sainterman
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Sainterman wrote: Can you please highlight where the umpiring has been named as the cause of the loss? Can you point out where posters have singled this out, or where they have said that if not for the umpiring we would have won?

Ah, so you want a bit each way. Yes you make concessions that we played poorly, but you couldn't resist tagging on the end that the umpiring was also partly responsible. Right there Sainterman is an example of someone i.e you, blaming the umpires. Forget this sh*t about the umpiring, we just weren't bloody good enough. End of story.
What rubbish, a bit each way! I can see a number of factors that I believe affected the result, as outlined already. And yes, I think the umpiring was one of those factors. There is no each way, I think it was a factor. If those 5 or 6 decisions that I think were very average were not paid would we have won? I am not too sure, but it only could have helped.

For the record, I dont think we are playing the type of footy to get us all that far atm, but do think we did take a step in right direction last night but laced polish and finish.

Just because you think commenting on umpiring amounts to excuse making doesnt mean much to me.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

St Byron,
I'm at a loss to understand why you posted what you did about blaming the Umpires.
I have just reread all 64 posts on this thread and apart from the op by Saints Premiers 2008, no other post has directly blamed the Umpires for our loss last night, if you discount MatrixCutters sarcastic post and Plugger66's baiting asrcastic posts.

The overall vast majority of the posts in this thread centre on 2 or 3 specific decisions and the varying opinions on whether they were legitimate or not. Virtually everybody has gone out of their way not to blame the loss on the Umpires.
Are we no longer allowed to question individual decisions without copping a spray for being 'one-eyed' in our view of the game?

Sainterman
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
st.byron wrote:

St Byron,
I'm at a loss to understand why you posted what you did about blaming the Umpires.
I have just reread all 64 posts on this thread and apart from the op by Saints Premiers 2008, no other post has directly blamed the Umpires for our loss last night, if you discount MatrixCutters sarcastic post and Plugger66's baiting asrcastic posts.

The overall vast majority of the posts in this thread centre on 2 or 3 specific decisions and the varying opinions on whether they were legitimate or not. Virtually everybody has gone out of their way not to blame the loss on the Umpires.
Are we no longer allowed to question individual decisions without copping a spray for being 'one-eyed' in our view of the game?
It makes one not want to post...frustrating at times. Lack of respect for others opinions on here is a regular occurance. And it is often those with the highest post counts that perpetuate it.

Anyway, we move on to next week. Good to see Big Mac do well today in tough conditions.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: St Byron,

Not aiming at people's right to discuss umpiring standards. Am aiming at discussing them in the context of how hard done by we are. I haven't re-read all of the thread, but I've read it once and there's plenty of complaining going on that wouldn't even rate a mention if we'd won. That's my point. Sam Fisher was hard done by, Max was hard done by, Kosi was hard done by etc. etc. Big deal. I'm sure the filth fans could go through the replay and find things that didn't go their way.
Agreed that some posters are just having a general whinge about the umpires without directly blaming our loss on them. But the OP and context of the thread is that we were hard done by and I think that's cockysh*t.
This thread would barely rate a reply if we'd won.

Sainterman
Club Player

st.byron wrote:

Not aiming at people's right to discuss umpiring standards. Am aiming at discussing them in the context of how hard done by we are. I haven't re-read all of the thread, but I've read it once and there's plenty of complaining going on that wouldn't even rate a mention if we'd won. That's my point. Sam Fisher was hard done by, Max was hard done by, Kosi was hard done by etc. etc. Big deal. I'm sure the filth fans could go through the replay and find things that didn't go their way.
Agreed that some posters are just having a general whinge about the umpires without directly blaming our loss on them. But the OP and context of the thread is that we were hard done by and I think that's cockysh*t.
We didnt win, it is a forum to discuss the footy and the Saints, and this is a topic some people feel is valid. Enough said.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:[

It makes one not want to post...frustrating at times. Lack of respect for others opinions on here is a regular occurance. And it is often those with the highest post counts that perpetuate it.

Anyway, we move on to next week. Good to see Big Mac do well today in tough conditions.
Notice that you neatly sidestep where I've pointed out that you were blaming the umpires when you claim you weren't. No further comment about that? And you use Magic's post to go all sanctimonius and superior. Anther favourite tactic of the blame shifter - safety in numbers.

Sainterman
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Sainterman wrote:[

Notice that you neatly sidestep where I've pointed out that you were blaming the umpires when you claim you weren't. No further comment about that? And you use Magic's post to go all sanctimonius and superior. Anther favourite tactic of the blame shifter - safety in numbers.
St Byron, you have lost me. Not sure what I am sidestepping. I have said I think a number of factors were to blame. And YES, I do think the 5 or 6 bad decisions impacted on the game. I also think there were some other problems, such as poor finishing, lack of polish, and some poor blocks of time that we seem to have every week where opposition sidfes damage us. Happy to be quite categorical on the umpiring point last night as I thought it was very poor. Or am I unable to have this opinion without it being attributed as the one factor of blame for our loss. Are you reading what I am writing??

As for being sanctimonious and superior, that is not the intention. I read Saintsational every day, on and off season, post occasionally, have been a member since about 2000 and enjoy the site when it has threads that alow all to express opinions. There is not safety in numbers other than the fact that it means others share your opinion, but even if they didnt I would still have my opinion, and unless convinced otherwise, stick to it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
st.byron wrote:

St Byron,

You do all the populist things MM but in the end it gets down to they pick on us. Every post of yours is the same. I gather you are my age. How do you live like this thinking they have picked on us since 1966. How unlucky are we that it has happened for 42 years.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
st.byron wrote:

St Byron,

You do all the populist things MM but in the end it gets down to they pick on us. Every post of yours is the same. I gather you are my age. How do you live like this thinking they have picked on us since 1966. How unlucky are we that it has happened for 42 years.
LOL This has to be the absolute best example of Pot calling the kettke black I've seen on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ever thought of running away and joining a circus, since you have this unbelievable talent of being able to read other people's minds?

YOu know, your little tricks won't work on me Plugger. No matter how many times you post the lie, it doesn't make it true.
But keep going if it amuses you.
I'm glad I can bring you some enjoyment.