Casey VS Pies Rd 7- reports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Is Jones capable of playing the Ball role in the Forward line.
As it appears Ball is slowly getting back to where he was prior to his OP, we cannot afford to leave him in the forward line as per a few gaes this year, but we desperately need his defensive pressure in our forward line.

Fiora cannot play that role.
Mini isn't physically strong enough to play that role.
Who else?

savatage
SS Life Member

choowy wrote:Forget about the late goals, he has contested every pack contest on the ground. McEvoy was in the best four players on the ground, in hard conditions at 200cm.
Absolutely. Best big man on the ground by a mile.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Is Jones capable of playing the Ball role in the Forward line.
Who else?
Birss did yesterday. Armo can do it as well. If you're going to have a defensive player in the forward line, at least make sure it is someone who can snag a goal.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Birss did yesterday. Armo can do it as well. If you're going to have a defensive player in the forward line, at least make sure it is someone who can snag a goal.
Thanks,
BTW, does anybody know yet why Armo 'fainted' in the 3rd quarter?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

only saw the final quarter but impressed by what I saw.

Gwilt looks too good for VFL level. Could play a wing position in an AFL team. Good hands in the wet when most others were fumbling.

Geary does good thing expected of an AFL standard player. Well worth pumping some games into this bloke, from next week onwards.

Bigmac is a booming kick and good contested mark. Good skills below his knees. Will have all this year to learn the rucking trade. Would be happy to see him as a back up ruck in 2009.

Howard is starting to impress, reading the ball better and using it well.

Fizz looks like he is struggling.

Allen is the type who will benefit from getting some game time in the level up. Can kick bags of goals so has form early in the season. Everyone needs to remember he is a second year player.

CJ is just at the bottom of packs and has the football smarts. Shame he is one sided and not great with the kicking skills. IF he could kick a goal he would be a monty.

On the scorps, it was good to see the captain back in and around the packs. Wall is continueing his good form at CHB and Sos is a great second back down there also. Dunn is going from strength to strength. He and garruba seem to be enjoying the extra responsibilities of midfield roles since the retirement of a bag of senior players last year.

I must say casey is looking great, awesome tackling pressure and ball movement. Just shows what a little belief and confidence can do.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Macca, Steven, Allen and Geary all have futures.....will need time and opportunities to develop....

Ferguson, Mini, Fiora should get one more opportunity.......make or break...

Rix, CJ are very good VFL players with obvious deficiencies......

Gwilt is a strange one.......

Van Reehnan and Haretuku are long shots....

Miles is a CJ like punt....

Howard is very average....but played well today

Eddy......at best will get to the level of a L.Fisher/J.Blake/Dempster....he is a blue collar player......at worst he will not play a game

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info ... -0&pool=-1

SCORES TEAMS TIME/VENUE
10.11-71 Casey Scorpions 1:10 PM Sat 17/May Casey Fields
def.
3.10-28 Collingwood
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: C. Dunne 3, B. McEvoy 2, M. Rix, A. Fiora, A. McQualter, J. Allen, J. Steven
Best Players: C. Jones, B. McEvoy, S. Garrubba, E. Panozza, B. Howard, A. Silvagni
Collingwood
Goal Kickers: D. Stanley, C. Dawes, B. Reid
Best Players: J. Crow, R. Frost, S. Cox, D. Nicholls, R. Cook, B. Reid

Big Ben improved as the game went on,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,
At it again. I will remind you at least 8 out of your 10 posts a day.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,
Welcome back mr Laughung Hyena.
Do you know what happened to Armo or are you just happy to regale us with your sharp wit?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,
Do you know what happened to Armo or are you just happy to regale us with your sharp wit?
I didnt see it but was told there was nothing in it at all. You keep thinking the world is against us.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,
I didnt see it but was told there was nothing in it at all. You keep thinking the world is against us.
You keep telling me and everyone else on here what we think.
How about you actually tell us all what you think occassionally instead of trotting out your sarcastic AFL official responses.

Who told you that there was nothing in what happened to Armo?
I have no idea what happened to him but so far you seem to be the only one who has said it was nothing untoward (without actually seeing the incident) and given your track record of not supporting our Club and Players, it's probably not unreasonable to question your authoritative remark that nothing intoward occured.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What a shame that the BOG was the bloke with the worst foot skills in our list

Still..he'd add a bit of zing and spark...sadly lacking atm

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,
How about you actually tell us all what you think occassionally instead of trotting out your sarcastic AFL official responses.

I have no idea what happened to him but so far you seem to be the only one who has said it was nothing untoward (without actually seeing the incident) and given your track record of not supporting our Club and Players, it's probably not unreasonable to question your authoritative remark that nothing intoward occured.
Dont ever tell me I dont support the club. I will guess I support the club many more times than you ever had. I was told there was nothing in it by people who would know. And just because I dont always agree that everything should be in our favour doesnt mean I dont love our club. I just have 2 eyes open.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hows the head feeling from bashing it against a brick wall plugger66?

You will NEVER erase the footy fans right to scream "we oz robbed" after the game. All teams do it every week. Its all about letting off steam.

Noones suggesting that the Kosi free or Armo's "faint" were paid or ignored becuase the umpires have a vendetta against St Kilda..much as Geish's comments during the week might suggest otherwise LOL. All we are saying is that they, in our humble OPINION..were wrong!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Hows the head feeling from bashing it against a brick wall plugger66?

You will NEVER erase the footy fans right to scream "we oz robbed" after the game. All teams do it every week. Its all about letting off steam.

Noones suggesting that the Kosi free or Armo's "faint" were paid or ignored becuase the umpires have a vendetta against St Kilda..much as Geish's comments during the week might suggest otherwise LOL. All we are saying is that they, in our humble OPINION..were wrong!!!!!

Well I would rather work on things we have control of but if you guys want to keep making excuses go ahead. The problem with that is we will never improve because that will always happen. No wonder we are so negative.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,

Dont ever tell me I dont support the club. I will guess I support the club many more times than you ever had. I was told there was nothing in it by people who would know. And just because I dont always agree that everything should be in our favour doesnt mean I dont love our club. I just have 2 eyes open.
What's the matter Plugger?
Don't like it when you're on the receiveing end rather than dishing out the innuendo's and falsehoods?

I have no idea who/what you support and I don't really give a 'rat's clacker' what you have or haven't done.

I still note with interesdt that you haven't provided one skerrick of proof about your false accusations and yet you 'feign this mock indignation' if anyone should dare queation the great Plugger66's motives or unamed sources.

Oh and given that you have no idea what my involvement/support has been for the Club over the last 45 years, then you go right ahead and 'guess that you support the Club many more times than I have' as long as it makes you feel good about yourself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,

Don't like it when you're on the receiveing end rather than dishing out the innuendo's and falsehoods?

I have no idea who/what you support and I don't really give a 'rat's clacker' what you have or haven't done.

I still note with interesdt that you haven't provided one skerrick of proof about your false accusations and yet you 'feign this mock indignation' if anyone should dare queation the great Plugger66's motives or unamed sources.

Oh and given that you have no idea what my involvement/support has been for the Club over the last 45 years, then you go right ahead and 'guess that you support the Club many more times than I have' as long as it makes you feel good about yourself.
Typical you mention it first that I dont support the club and then come back other rubbish. By the way did I ever mention the words false accusations or is that the way of getting a couple of your mates on side. And you were the moron who said i didnt support the club. Not me. Re read your posts before writing please as there are people laughing here.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,

Typical you mention it first that I dont support the club and then come back other rubbish. By the way did I ever mention the words false accusations or is that the way of getting a couple of your mates on side. And you were the moron who said i didnt support the club. Not me. Re read your posts before writing please as there are people laughing here.
I know exactly what I've posted Plugger as do you. You still haven't pointed out a single post have you, and you won't You know why? Because there isn't one.

How's this for an idea.
Let's you and I stop posting in various thread about this and start one up on its own? Then nobody else has to read anymore of this rubbish.

And btw,you've used that 'laughing' crack before.
Why don't you try something different next time?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Who else?
Thanks,

I know exactly what I've posted Plugger as do you. You still haven't pointed out a single post have you, and you won't You know why? Because there isn't one.

How's this for an idea.
Let's you and I stop posting in various thread about this and start one up on its own? Then nobody else has to read anymore of this rubbish.

And btw,you've used that 'laughing' crack before.
Why don't you try something different next time?
Because they are still laughing.

gooner
Club Player

OK so out of interest how many posts can you quote before you disappear up your own ass.

General question, not aimed at either of you ladies.
Handbags at dawn is it?

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:OK so out of interest how many posts can you quote before you disappear up your own ass.

General question, not aimed at either of you ladies.
Handbags at dawn is it?
I've got no idea what the record is on here, but we took our argument somewhere else, so you wouldn 't have to suffer any more of it.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CJ must get a spot in the seniors next week

2 BOG's in a row, you have to reward that kind of effort

i for one would love to see him in the team replacing Raph

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:What a shame that the BOG was the bloke with the worst foot skills in our list

Still..he'd add a bit of zing and spark...sadly lacking atm
I actually think Jones has improved a on his disposal from last year, and has is aware of his limitations ....

This year is a vast improvement from last year IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Jones' footskills are actually really good at present. He is comfortable and confident at VFL level and it shows in his kicking.

I'm just afraid that his panicked state of mind will come back into play at AFL level. I think he's just one of about 4 or 5 players who we really need to give a good 10 game run to, as their progression as VFL players has hit a wall.

The others are

Geary
Gwilt
Ferguson

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Jones' footskills are actually really good at present. He is comfortable and confident at VFL level and it shows in his kicking.

I'm just afraid that his panicked state of mind will come back into play at AFL level. I think he's just one of about 4 or 5 players who we really need to give a good 10 game run to, as their progression as VFL players has hit a wall.

The others are

Geary
Gwilt
Ferguson
Kicking goals is our problem though and apart from maybe Ferg the others dont solve that problem. We are not going to get more goals through our running players than we did Friday so we need some from our KPP.