F@%k we are sh%t...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote:Face it, our time has well past again and frankly I don't see a premiership in St. Kilda's near or fare future. We're just the club who doesn't know how to win one. We are the biggest c**k tease of the AFL. Who beats Hawthorne one week and then looses to virtually a WAFL team the next week. Granted, the Filth had all the media attention in the world to get them fired up and every bit of their pride was on the line. But that's just it, they took it. Everyone from the president to Mick Malthouse's dog was barking about how this was a "must win" game for them...and how did we respond? Not a peep from anyone involved with the red, white and black.

Wait, there was Harvey's retirement. The best the club could say was "get behind the Saints and give Banger a fairy tale ending"...WEAK!!! So bloody St. Kilda it makes me sick.

We're not good enough, plain and simple. I can blame Ross Lyon all I want, I think our situation would be just as bad if GT was still at the helm. We had our time, didn't take it and now it's back to the pain.

Banger made his choice to stick with the red, white and black but he's deserves better.
Well said![/b]

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
jwato

don't post often but have a few thoughts. Seems no matter what game plan is provided to me just seems that the biggest downfall is just that players just are not pushing into space. It's no good playing on to a marked man, the filth tonight were always open and found space were we seemed to always be kicking to a contest. I feel just a lack of gut running and ability to beat your man, which is a shame because the best at that will be gone in three weeks unless the group pull there finger out. YOU can coach play on but if no ones in space it's just as bad as holding up and chipping short. And finally to kicking long to rooey you no if i was playing and every man was marked and rooey had two to three i'd kick it to him over the others because hed is just a freak overhead. A

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

jwato wrote:don't post often but have a few thoughts. Seems no matter what game plan is provided to me just seems that the biggest downfall is just that players just are not pushing into space. It's no good playing on to a marked man, the filth tonight were always open and found space were we seemed to always be kicking to a contest. I feel just a lack of gut running and ability to beat your man, which is a shame because the best at that will be gone in three weeks unless the group pull there finger out. YOU can coach play on but if no ones in space it's just as bad as holding up and chipping short. And finally to kicking long to rooey you no if i was playing and every man was marked and rooey had two to three i'd kick it to him over the others because hed is just a freak overhead. A
supporters are dumb

if we play attacking we should have tightened up, if we play tight we should have gone attacking and 'gone for it'

morons

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jwato

jwato wrote:
don't post often but have a few thoughts. Seems no matter what game plan is provided to me just seems that the biggest downfall is just that players just are not pushing into space. It's no good playing on to a marked man, the filth tonight were always open and found space were we seemed to always be kicking to a contest. I feel just a lack of gut running and ability to beat your man, which is a shame because the best at that will be gone in three weeks unless the group pull there finger out. YOU can coach play on but if no ones in space it's just as bad as holding up and chipping short. And finally to kicking long to rooey you no if i was playing and every man was marked and rooey had two to three i'd kick it to him over the others because hed is just a freak overhead. A

supporters are dumb

if we play attacking we should have tightened up, if we play tight we should have gone attacking and 'gone for it'

morons

Mate just too many players not beating there man doesn't matter if it's attacking or defensive i don't care as long as we win.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

1) We don't use the footy smartly enough - both with decision-making and execution. So often, i see us put teammates under the pump with hospital handballs or poor kicks. It's just not acceptable.

2) We don't run hard enough to present an option - perhaps this is why point 1 comes about. Nobody is willing to work hard enough to provide an option, or run into space. Additionally, players like Gram, when they give a handball to a man in close, don't instinctively give a shepherd. they just stand around or run for the next handball.

3) We're too reliant on Ball - that was evident today. He single-handedly got us over the line last week. Getting smashed in the clearances today, and generally just being outmuscled in the midfield highlighted just how much we missed Bally today.

4) Forward-line stagnant, and too Riewoldt-reliant - This has to stop. If we see Roo anywhere within the 50, every player just bombs it to him. Regardless of whether or not he is outnumbered 4 to 1. It's becoming a joke. The movement in the forward-line is crap too, and what's with everybody deciding to kick it to Milne on a lead? He's a CRUMBER ffs.

5) Young kids aren't ready - Geary isn't up to AFL standard yet, although I harbour hope that he will by next season. Eddy looks good in patches, but doesn't find the ball enough. Mini has been OK in recent weeks, but seemed off his game tonight.

6) Bottom 6 players (in first 22) - Stand up King, Gwilt, Fiora, Mini, Geary, Eddy. They're just not up to playing consistent footy week in, week out. Look at Geelong's bottom 6 by comparison - Blake, Gamble, Varcoe, Byrnes, Prismall, Rooke etc. Huge difference in quality.

The Saints are coming!
StSteven
Club Player

What hurts most is that our BOG again was a man who is retiring because of age!!! FFS that says it all.

Collingwood were far more keen to go in and get the ball. Them being fired up is NO EXCUSE for losing. Professional sides beat top sides, bottom sides, flat sides and fired up sides. Like WCE they were a bunch of kids......I am a weeping wreck!

Grimfang
Club Player

Poor, disinterested effort from both the players and the coaching box. The simple truth is that had we played one decent quarter of football, we would have won that game. Couldn't even manage that.

Why do we seem to have gone back to "find a target in the 50" rather than taking the shot? Happened way too often last night.

Why was the "hot-spot" at the top of our goal-square the sole domain of Collingwood for most of the night?

Why did we constantly allow Collingwood to use the man coming on through the interchange gates as the link-up from defence to attack?

Poor effort all around Saints.

{edited to add}

Why the f&*(ing hell couldn't we KEEP OUR FEET? The number of times our blokes went to ground at a critical moment was unbelievable.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
The_Dud wrote:bugger 4th, we'll struggle for the 8

not that it will matter anyway, serving up that kind of crap

i'm not sure which is worse, Ross Lyons defensive gameplan or Ross Lyon's no gameplan
...or the fact that we only see you when we lose with the same old "we're crap and the coach sucks" boring crap :roll:
if those are your observations about what goes on on here, then i think all your observations about football should be declared void

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SainterX
Club Player

You're a fool Grrrr. IT's not like they wanted to lose. Collingwood are just a really good side. And we're still in the eight. We could pull a few surprises in September. We're the dark horses.

Really? Who are their superstars? Rocca? Didak? Shaw? Whoops those guys were not playing so you must mean the worst number 1 draft pick ever Josh Fraser :P

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Spur

Grrrrr wrote:
Something For Kate wrote:You're a fool Grrrr. IT's not like they wanted to lose. Collingwood are just a really good side. And we're still in the eight. We could pull a few surprises in September. We're the dark horses.
Hahaha...Collingwood are a really good side!? Okay, if you say so.
Think you're harsh on Collingwood.

They were missing Rusling, Lonie, Didak, Holland, O'Bree, Reid, Rhyce Shaw, Rocca, Johnson, Prestigicomo, and Heath Shaw. This is also a side which recently lost Buckley, Clement, and Licuria to retirement, and contained rookies such as John Anthony (7 games), Brown (18 games), Alan Toovey (15 games), Wellingham (10 games), Dawes (1 games), McCarthy (1 game), Cook (6 games), Bryan (23 games), and had thirteen players aged under twenty-one.

Think the Pies did really well, given the circumstances.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Absolutely shattered!!!

Far to one dimensional, if Rooey has an average night then we don't kick enough goals.

Everybody but the coach can see we need another marking option permanently in our forward line, surely Allen or Charlie will play this week.

Maybe even the G Train could be an option.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

another marking option permanently in our forward line
...and if only there were ALLOWED to stay permanently in our forward line rather than having to spend 1/3 of the game inside our DEFENSIVE 50 :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Buckets
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
another marking option permanently in our forward line
...and if only there were ALLOWED to stay permanently in our forward line rather than having to spend 1/3 of the game inside our DEFENSIVE 50 :roll:
And that is the thing that hurts us!
When Roo went of with his injured hand it took us far too long to place anyone up there to fill the hole! This was when we had a period where we actually dominated the play!
It's scary when our Main Marking target is a player who i would rate as a crumber! And not only that there are a few on here that have bagged him out for a bad game! FFS i would love to see them kick that goal like he did in the 3rd! Hell that should have pumped the boys up. Hell the mark and goal by BJ in the last should have!
We do not have the list that is able to play such a defensive game and all of us here know this!
No use kicking it into our forward 50 when everyone is in the opposition 50!!!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you