Why the Cats are PI$$ED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Harvs barely touched him.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:This is the same Geelong who had no problem 'taking out' Harvey in such a disgusting act that the Laws/Tribunal rules were changed as a result?
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

And very short memories these Geelong prople.

Ever here of a guy named Yeats.

His Geelong coach had him charge in off the wing at the first bounce and try and 'take out' Brereton in a Grand Final.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:This is the same Geelong who had no problem 'taking out' Harvey in such a disgusting act that the Laws/Tribunal rules were changed as a result?
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

His Geelong coach had him charge in off the wing at the first bounce and try and 'take out' Brereton in a Grand Final.
Excately what I would have done,good coaching that

Mega
Club Player

Well spoke to Prismall's younger brother Reece tonight and he said he took the news about the injury to his brother worse than Brent. I asked him about Harvey & Scarlett and all he said was he didnt know what was said and if anything was said it would have come from Scarlett thats for sure. Reece certainly had no resentment towards Harvey and Im sure Brent doesnt either its just Scarlett being a tosser !

A little less conversation a little more action please
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

So I take it you thought the Brions players did a good thing when they attacked an obviously injured Roo that night?

bergsone
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

So I take it you thought the Brions players did a good thing when they attacked an obviously injured Roo that night?
Grand finals are Grand finals.Everyone knows thats what Dermie was going to do,as he had done it in the games leading up to it.Just that Yeats beat him to it

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

yep, going the knuckle has proven a very successful strategy in big games.

Surely "good coaching" would include examples from teams that actually won something significant?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

some of these posts concerning harvey and being a gentleman are quite funny...but also disturbing

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

Grand finals are Grand finals.Everyone knows thats what Dermie was going to do,as he had done it in the games leading up to it.Just that Yeats beat him to it
SO, I'll repeat the question.
Youi are ok whith what Mal Michael and his mates did to Roo?

bergsone
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

YES

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

YES
I don't think Roo seems to have a problem with it.

Mal Michael went out of his way to personaly shake Roo's hand just before he left the ground after round 22, it looked like the exchange was something along the lines of "No hard feeling's".

It's a man's game, not a dance recital.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
the hocking incident MM?
Yep.

YES
I don't think Roo seems to have a problem with it.

Mal Michael went out of his way to personaly shake Roo's hand just before he left the ground after round 22, it looked like the exchange was something along the lines of "No hard feeling's".

It's a man's game, not a dance recital.
So anything goes?

If not, where do you draw the line?

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

St.Kilda people & Geelong people are poles apart when it come to class. There are too many examples to mention, but the one glaring example is the Club Icon worshipped at each club. One is An outstanding role model, on & off the field, multiple Brownlow winner, fiercly loyal to friends,family & club,an Australian rules immortal & national Sporting Treasure...the other is Gary Ablett snr. Enough said

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I have heard the same thing (the Prismall 'incident' sparked the 'Harvey/Scarlett affair') from a reliable source at the club.

They are fair dinkum tools & I just pray that someone gets these pricks & destroys their bloody dynasty.

Quixote
SS Life Member

There's a few pi$$ed of Pussies in this BF thread:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486979

:lol: :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
HarveysDeciple

Ablett vs Burke in 91 elimination final.....

Yeats vs Brereton in 89 Grand Final...

Ablett vs Bardsley, round 2 1996.....

Hocking vs Harvey, round 10 1999.....

wouldn't want to be hypocritical would we Geelong?

happy feet
Club Player

Geelong fans

If they want to whinge about unfair treatment, remind them about the elbows of Gary Ablett Senior. If you really want to make them spew remind them about Mark Yates' so called hit on Dermott Brereton in the Grand Final (cannot remember the year) and Dermie practically went on to win the Hawks the GF.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

The AFL should change the rules. In future if a player with the ball goes to ground the opposition must ask if he is ok before they are allowed to lay a tackle. Maybe the Cats supporters would be happy with that.