I'm not ashamed to admit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bethb7
Club Player

I was ok I got a bit teary when he was chaired off, I completly lost it when Harvs started crying after his speech the tears flowed. It was probably more emotional at the game with the song being played.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
jk23
Club Player

(Quote=Saint Nick said)
This morning, it does feel like a death to me. I wonder what he's doing this morning and hope he's being celebrated at a great Sunday brunch somewhere. As hard as it is for us, it must be 1000 times worse for him.

~~~

He is probably eating KFC just the skin ( he said that he was looking foward to it) and I insisted to my husband today lunch at KFC and I had the chicken with the skin on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: And I did cry,with all the prelims but this one for different reasons mainly for Harvs not seeing a premiership...

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:Image
ahhh man thats making me tear up again.
and matrixcutters sig. actually any Harvey sig... even the one I made for HD like 2 years ago :cry: :cry:
everytime I scanned a herald sun today, I was faced with "fare well"... struggled.

anyway next flag... 21 years? 21 months? that number has to mean something... :P

milney044
Club Player

It was an emotional night. At one stage i thought i was going to make it through without sheeding a tear, until they played his highlights on the big screen as he was getting carried off. It's just going to be weird without him there, he's been a part of our side all my life.
And part of me feels like it can't forgive the boys for not getting him that premiership but on the other hand i know how hard it is to win a flag. No doubt the boys are aching just as much and seeing their faces in the rooms last night was a reminder of how much it means to them too.

Thanks Harvs for sticking with us all these years, the word legend is often overused but in my eyes its an understatement to the man you are.
Congratulations on a remarkable career. May the Harvey era continue.. how's Conner's footskills? No pressure :wink:

Robert Harvey. St Kilda Football Club Legend. AFL Legend. Legend.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

p.s. would anyone happen to have a copy of the speech the guy from saints radio made about robert harvey a few years back?

trying again with this, it was after the prelim in 05, on radio 927, the show by josh, ben + 'the fly', they used the word jubilant a lot... a transcript was posted on ss too... anyone, anyone?? save it?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

is this it in total- COurtesy of WOM

Prelim 2005
In many ways it is very difficult to summarise the feeling and sensations of the last couple of days. It has been hard to sleep, even harder to contemplate next weekend without our Saints in it. It is an arduous task to sit here tonight and reflect on a season, when we, the club and the football world believed it was our time. My name is Josh Rynderman, I am 30 years old, and I am heart broken. Tonight on Saints Radio, Sport 927, I speak on behalf of Ben and Cam, and I'm sure many of you. We the St Kilda fans have had our share of defeat. We have had our share of heart break. We have watched our side over decades, and are unwavering in our belief. We are sick of listening to the naysayers, we are sicker of the bandwagon jumpers. We are the true supporters. The ones who continued to show up during the 80's when we were a rabble, we were there in Thommo's early years as coach when the side couldn't steal a win. And we are still here now. St Kilda is not just a football club for us. It is a lifestyle, an attitude, and a sense of self. We revel in victory, and wallow in defeat.
The Article Josh Rynderman/saints.com.au/19Sept05

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
RoseInOz
Club Player

I cried and still feel like crying tonight. My Hawks supporting husband said even he felt like crying when they chaired Harvey off the ground.
What a shame that he could not at least get to play in the Grand Final next week.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Superboot
SS Life Member

Last five minutes of the game, just watched Robert.

Didn't take my eyes off him.

What a privilege it was to see him play.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:is this it in total- COurtesy of WOM

Prelim 2005
In many ways it is very difficult to summarise the feeling and sensations of the last couple of days. It has been hard to sleep, even harder to contemplate next weekend without our Saints in it. It is an arduous task to sit here tonight and reflect on a season, when we, the club and the football world believed it was our time. My name is Josh Rynderman, I am 30 years old, and I am heart broken. Tonight on Saints Radio, Sport 927, I speak on behalf of Ben and Cam, and I'm sure many of you. We the St Kilda fans have had our share of defeat. We have had our share of heart break. We have watched our side over decades, and are unwavering in our belief. We are sick of listening to the naysayers, we are sicker of the bandwagon jumpers. We are the true supporters. The ones who continued to show up during the 80's when we were a rabble, we were there in Thommo's early years as coach when the side couldn't steal a win. And we are still here now. St Kilda is not just a football club for us. It is a lifestyle, an attitude, and a sense of self. We revel in victory, and wallow in defeat.
The Article Josh Rynderman/saints.com.au/19Sept05
Was much longer than this IIRC

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I honestly didnt cry, I still havent. Not cause im heartless or a tough guy or anything like that

I just refuse to belive that its over.

In my heart of hearts I know ill never see Harvs play for St Kilda again but for some reason I cant accept it. I spose when I see us run out for round 1 in 2009 without the great man ill probably blub like a baby.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
BallyIsBest
Club Player

get over it.

He's a player. A good player. But stop making me sick with all this sentiment.

Congratulations on a great career....but to say that you are shattered and broke down crying as though your mum had died, pllleeeaaaassseee?!?!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

confirmed.
you are a knob :roll:

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Why?!

I admire the bloke, YES. But do I quivvle as though my world is lost, NO.

Perspective people. Honestly :roll: :roll:

HarveysDeciple

that bloody song got me!!

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

i was at work...refused to let anyone tell me the score because i knew i would cry if we lost.

as soon as i finished (midnight) they told me...and i cried. for about 40 mins straight.

trying to explain why i was crying and how shattered i was for harvs just made me cry even more!

and seeing that footage of him crying in the rooms set me off all over again.

:cry:

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.