5 goals to 4 in 2nd half.

We all get greedy and would love to see us kick dirt in their face from go to woe...

However, we are TOP of the table, UNDEFEATED with a percentage of 211!

FINALLY, we gave our bogey team on our bogey ground the long, overdue smashing we owed them.

I'm going to ENJOY IT! :D

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!

I cant believe this - a thread knocking what people have been begging for us to do for the past two years. Be like Geelong.

Win the quarters you need to
any slight niggles - take the player off
rest your stars late
win by big margins
kick over 100 points on average a game
beat teams lower than Us on the ladder, coz lets face it - there aint no-one higher
dominate the game - while coasting

Oh and for those who think we are not winning by a big enough margin:-
For Geelong to catch our persentage today they have to kick 310 points to catch up and then win by more than twice the oppositions score. I said to my son yesterday - any win is good but realise our percentage will be going down tonight - wet weather football and all - Go you good things

Sorry folks - Our team must be bogans - lol - they are smashing that premiership window open again!

BELIEVE OR BURN

Marcus1232

Great win by the boys tonight TBH i would have taken a 1pt win but an 11 goal one is much better

Undoubtedly we coulda won by more:

- King got injured and then Blake was smashed by Brogan.
- We lacked a second effective tall forward.
- We kicked pretty badly - 15.12 and three misses = 50%.
- All of Dal, Goddard, Joey and Bally were quiet.
- We coasted the entire second half.

But despite all of this:

- We still beat Port in Adelaide by 11 goals.

Imagine how good we'll be with fit ruckmen, when all the midfielders fire at once, when Kossie's back in the side for Gwilt, and when we have a day where we kick well at goal!

I guess it's Ok for supporters to accept the second half, but you can be assured that Lyon and the players would be very dirty on it.

And so they should.

Winmar7Fan

Re: 5 goals to 4 in 2nd half.

saint08 wrote:Is anyone disappoined in our 2nd half performance?

Whay would Ross Lyon say ? great result or not so good in 2nd half?
Yeah absolutely disgusted they all need to have a good long look at themselves :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hang on - Ummmmm

We kicked 5 goals in the second half!
True!

But remember:-
They kicked 5 goals for the ENTIRE game!

It wasn't the 'perfect game', we could possibly get even better....

But to suggest they should be disappointed is farcical.

markp wrote:It wasn't the 'perfect game', we could possibly get even better....

I think the second half would disappoint them.

I'm positive it would.

markp wrote:It wasn't the 'perfect game', we could possibly get even better....

I think the second half would disappoint them.

I'm positive it would.
And that's as close to positive as you get.....

Russman

I'm not worried. The game was over by half time , and e pretty much controlled play in the 2nd half anyway.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.

rodgerfox wrote:I guess it's Ok for supporters to accept the second half, but you can be assured that Lyon and the players would be very dirty on it.

And so they should.
Yep dead right rodger..cos EVERY side that plays awesome footy in the first half and establishes a 10 goal lead goes on with it after the break and wins by 120 points..every single one. We are the only ones that dont :roll:

Thats our rodg..no contribution to the 5000 threads that are discussing what a great win it was..but jumps straight in and agrees with the only thread that offers a little criticism. Whats up? Keeping your powder dry for the "Fox Report" incase no-one reads it cos youve offered your opinions elsewhere?

I for one was actually glad when Ross was reported as telling the troops not to take their foot off the pedal...and watching the game I dont think they did. No we didnt smash em to pieces in the last, but we didnt let them kick 4-5 unanswered ones and get back to 40-odd points either

Supporters who get the smell of blood in their nostrils and complain if the 2nd half doesnt have the same carnage as the first annoy the hell outta me and Ive heard em every week this year . ANything less than a 10 goal last quarter and we "dont have the killer instinct"

Cmon rodg ol son....stop and smell the roses. We've just made the side that knocked over the reigning premiers last week look like rubbish....on their own patch. Doesnt warrant even one lil "hjappy post"??

rodgerfox wrote:I guess it's Ok for supporters to accept the second half, but you can be assured that Lyon and the players would be very dirty on it.

And so they should.
Yep dead right rodger..cos EVERY side that plays awesome footy in the first half and establishes a 10 goal lead goes on with it after the break and wins by 120 points..every single one. We are the only ones that dont :roll:

Thats our rodg..no contribution to the 5000 threads that are discussing what a great win it was..but jumps straight in and agrees with the only thread that offers a little criticism. Whats up? Keeping your powder dry for the "Fox Report" incase no-one reads it cos youve offered your opinions elsewhere?

I for one was actually glad when Ross was reported as telling the troops not to take their foot off the pedal...and watching the game I dont think they did. No we didnt smash em to pieces in the last, but we didnt let them kick 4-5 unanswered ones and get back to 40-odd points either

Supporters who get the smell of blood in their nostrils and complain if the 2nd half doesnt have the same carnage as the first annoy the hell outta me and Ive heard em every week this year . ANything less than a 10 goal last quarter and we "dont have the killer instinct"

Cmon rodg ol son....stop and smell the roses. We've just made the side that knocked over the reigning premiers last week look like rubbish....on their own patch. Doesnt warrant even one lil "hjappy post"??
Save it mate, reckon he just trolls actually. He is no better than all those carlton flogs that get on here.

they remembered they were supposed to play in the second ahlf and still could not outscore us,

as one commentator said- it wasn't that the Saints dropped if it was that Port actually came out to play- last week they kicked 9 in the last quarter- tehre was always the optin of them actulaly playing some football for the game.

GO SAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss

bigmicka

And so they should.
Thats funny, because if you had actually watched the game you would have seen the interview with Riewoldt, where he said "Rossy came up to us after the game, let us know we met all the indicators, so no team meeting after the match."

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.

Just because a team is up 65-9 at half time doesn't mean they should go out and win 130-18. It's not that simple. We were a player down, they were always going to improve in the seccond half.

bigmicka wrote:

And so they should.
Thats funny, because if you had actually watched the game you would have seen the interview with Riewoldt, where he said "Rossy came up to us after the game, let us know we met all the indicators, so no team meeting after the match."

mic
That is to say the least, very concerning.

remboy wrote:Just because a team is up 65-9 at half time doesn't mean they should go out and win 130-18. It's not that simple. We were a player down, they were always going to improve in the seccond half.
To be fair to Port, they were 2 players down.

duckduckduckgoose

i think the bottom line is, we still have plenty to improve on.
Which is great because id be bloddy worried if we were playing perfect footy in April!
Ross did look concerned in the coaches box which gets a tick from me.
I'd be very worried if he had his feet up, eating a sandwich or something.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.

bigmicka wrote:

And so they should.

mic
Ahh no..whats concerning is that you rate your opinion on what constitutes a good 2nd half of footy over and above our coaching staff...hence your concerns that their benchmarks arent right

Over the last two seasons. Geelong numerous times have blown sides away in the 1st half, then gone on to win by much the same as the 1/2 time margin. Ya reckon their supporters were bemaoning their lack of killer instinct or incorrect benchmarks?? :roll: Even in 07 before they had a flag to brag about?

bigmicka wrote:

And so they should.

mic
Ahh no..whats concerning is that you rate your opinion on what constitutes a good 2nd half of footy over and above our coaching staff...hence your concerns that their benchmarks arent right

Over the last two seasons. Geelong numerous times have blown sides away in the 1st half, then gone on to win by much the same as the 1/2 time margin. Ya reckon their supporters were bemaoning their lack of killer instinct or incorrect benchmarks?? :roll: Even in 07 before they had a flag to brag about?
shsshhh they have been to 2 grand finals (well at the time it was happening they had not but lets just believe rodger here) so their fans are allowed to do anything they want.

I would be very concerned that well allowed port to score any goals. terrible coaching and god damn boring!

StPeter wrote:The scoreboard didn't reflect our dominance in the second half.
That's exactly right. There were a couple of simple misses that would have made it an 8 - 10 goal 2nd half. Soggy conditions tire legs dramatically.

Still I am not sure why Roo has strangely started to spin the ball in his hands as he walks in to kick for a set shot. When he did he had 3 bad misses.

everythings the bloody negative with you rog....
unfrigginbelievable

port decided they might try in the second half...thats all that happened.
blimey, lynch the players and chop the head off of Ross for no post match team meeting.
we're doomed now.

just knocked off a supposed top 4 side on their home soil......by (19) 66 points thank you.
one day u will enjoy a win huh????

matrixcutter wrote:everythings the bloody negative with you rog....
unfrigginbelievable

port decided they might try in the second half...thats all that happened.
blimey, lynch the players and chop the head off of Ross for no post match team meeting.
we're doomed now.

just knocked off a supposed top 4 side on their home soil......by (19) 66 points thank you.
one day u will enjoy a win huh????
He is a troll... what he enjoys is getting people in a flap.

Hope you enjoyed it at the game last night! :D

oh yeah i enjoyed it alright.....
watching the replay right now.....
im half way thru the last quarter, disgusted at this poor performance and foot off the gas footy.

:?