Raph ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

still didn't answer your question jb.did he....still in denial i see......think i know why..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

If racism is still happening at the football then those who hear it should have the courage to stand up to it. I have done it in the past and it feels good, I can garauntee you will get support from those around you, no room for racism in our society.

That has nothing to do with the debate on his form/position in the side though.

I am a Raph fan and would have him in the side if I was a selector. He is very versatile and has a good turn of pace for his size. He does turn it over a bit but often gets given the ball in bad spots as he is going to support the ball carrier deep in the backline, often the unfortunate one who gets the last handball and is left to find a way out of a predicament. This looks to be one of his jobs when down back as well as often he is charged with getting back to cover an attacking Fisher or Gilberts man, often he is lambasted by supporters for not picking up SOMEONE ELSES man. This is just part of the role he plays though and should not be taken personally, it would be the same if it were someone else who played that role, it was Goddard a couple of years back playing the same spot and getting similar treatment.

Raph Calrke is a good footballer and from what I have read and seen a good human being also.

Like probably 18 other guys though his position in the side is open for debate by supporters, selectors etc.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:still didn't answer your question jb.did he....still in denial i see......think i know why..... :evil:
I know you are really old and may have eyeslight problems after a hard day cleaning successful people's offices but i am pretty sure i answered it FFS emoitcon old man cleaner.

And if you are even slightly suggesting I am even slightly racist have the guts to PM me you weak gutless old ffs emoticon boring cleaner.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Milton66
SS Life Member

PM? I'm still waiting for my phone call. :lol: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
widereceiver wrote:I am mightily sick of the semi-racist taunts towards Raph, my family and I hear at the footy from some of our own fans. What a shower, convert to some other racist club!

First, I know Raph made a few more clangers today - he is not my favourite player, but as others have noted, he improved as the day went on.

I had to remind one guy today of the club's motto, he and others seem to have forgotten it or otherwise I wouldn't think they would call him a boong or a coon when something he tries to do doesn't come off.

(Interestingly, they don't use those words when he does something good).
Strength though loyalty.
And i am sick of posts that suggest racist comments. raph wasnt good today but in my opinion Eddy and Bally were also poor. They are white Raph isnt. What is the issue.

you really have no idea do you.???...ball poor...???ffs......he had 16 possessions in less than half a game of football.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

...and for the record...

i have done more than suggest racist comments have been directed at raph by saints supporters......i have stated that i have heard them myself....
Sorry i have an opinion. I thought his kicking was ordinary at best. Stats mean nothing. Try watching the game in between cleaning jobs to get an idea.
Why didn't you respond when I bolded the fact that widereceiver said that Saints fans were calling Raph a coon and a boong?

It is above quoted in his post. Why did you not read what he wrote before you said you were sick of posts suggesting racism.

He didn't suggest it. He stated it as fact.

Does this not occur if you dont hear it?

And if this is true are people like widereceiver and stinger liars?

If they state they have heard Raph being racially abused why dont you believe them?

there must be a reason why you dont think some (not all but some) Saints fans are critical of Raph because he is an aboriginal.

It has been categrocially stated by two posters here.

Please have the courage to reply. It was poor form to infer that widereceiver is a liar.
I missed it in the post. Sorry for that. I had a few drinks. i still say 99% of people who have a go at Raph do it because they just dont rate him as a footballer and are not being racist. Sorry that i believe that most people wouldnt be racist to a footballer these days.
Thanks for the reply plugger66.

I for one think that most of the critisism of Raph is more ill founded than racist.

Today i heard he cost us two goals - is slow - is lazy - is uninterested- all from supposed Saints fans on SEN.

KB and Leach gave it all short shrift. Raph is not slow.

I think the charges of lazy and uninterested has latent racism involved - Grumpy One could fill in more on the historical context.

This continual scapegoating of Raoh Clarke by a minority of supporters really s.hites me. To critisise him is OK but to blatantly lie and also slander him (lazy and slow FFS :roll: ) seems to be some type of agenda.

Is it racist? Probably not. Mainly stupidity and uninformed supporters - the same type that call the team to man up when they are zoning or kick it up the guts when the other team has flooded the forward fifty.

Ignorance - however - is no excuse for attacking our own in such a disgusting manner.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its so sad that in the midst of a fantastic TEAM result when we should all be supporting the 22 who did us proud yesterday, some folks still have to get their bit of Raph-baiting in...very sad, and no credit to the club.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

maybe for "GT" we should read "raph"? Seems that the raph threads have taken up where the GT ones left off?...Actually I'm only adding to it so I'll bugger off now :lol: GO Saints! (ALL of you!!!!!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I really cant be bothered reading the whole 5 pages, so apologies if this has been said..but..

The last word on Raph-bashing for me came from a woman 2 rows behind me when, as Raph stood the mark for a Pies kick, screamed "OH DONT JUST STAND THERE GO AND TACKLE HIM!!!!"

Needless to say the umpire had NOT called play on lol

:roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

Just watched the replay before & I am struggling to find where he was so bad.

I continue to be flabbergasted at the venom that this fantastic young man (who has been through significant challenges in his life) is subjected to.

I will bet my house on none of you weak mongrels saying it to his face.

Pull your overinflated egos in & support the kid. He's a very good footballer who will get seriously good if you support him instead of ringing up SEN or posting on here & trying to make yourself feel like a big man.

It's pathetic & is a very bad reflection on the supporters of this club that get tarred with the same brush thanks to these nuff nuffs.

I know for a fact that Raph is affected significantly by some of the crap that is posted on here. The players do read this stuff.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

I continue to be flabbergasted at the venom that this fantastic young man (who has been through significant challenges in his life) is subjected to.

Pull your overinflated egos in & support the kid. He's a very good footballer who will get seriously good if you support him instead of ringing up SEN or posting on here & trying to make yourself feel like a big man.

It's pathetic & is a very bad reflection on the supporters of this club that get tarred with the same brush thanks to these nuff nuffs.

I know for a fact that Raph is affected significantly by some of the crap that is posted on here. The players do read this stuff.

well friggin said

Milton66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

well friggin said
+1.

Milton66
SS Life Member

It's interesting that everytime someone analyses Raph's game, that the old "racism" chestnut is dragged out.

And it's the usual self righteous hypocrites that do so.

Perhaps posters should start a specific thread where they discuss racism towards Raph?

I think we are mature enough to debate a player's game without this muck raking and accusations... or are we?

Seriously, cut the guy some slack.

Plugger66 criticised 3 players of which 2 are "white", yet we see this cr@p about him being racist?

What utter cr@p.

FFS, grow up people.

Yeah, I ain't the Virgin Mary on here, but this is just ridiculous.

If Raph isn't up to it, he'll get dropped. It's as simple as that. You wouldn't blame him if he wanted out of this "s*** hole" of a club after some of the bollocks posted on here.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Raph, keep up the good work mate. You're on your way to a Premiership Medal.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
widereceiver
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:It's interesting that everytime someone analyses Raph's game, that the old "racism" chestnut is dragged out.

Perhaps posters should start a specific thread where they discuss racism towards Raph?

I think we are mature enough to debate a player's game without this muck raking and accusations... or are we?

Plugger66 criticised 3 players of which 2 are "white", yet we see this cr@p about him being racist?

What utter cr@p.

FFS, grow up people.

If Raph isn't up to it, he'll get dropped. It's as simple as that. You wouldn't blame him if he wanted out of this "s*** hole" of a club after some of the bollocks posted on here.
I suggest you have another crack at reading what's been written here, its meaning seems to have eluded you.

Nobody accused Plugger66 of being racist. I did suggest he is an Egyptian swimmer with regard to the racism issue (in denial). It exists, that is a fact.

I hear fools at the football making stupid remarks about Raph every week. That irritates me when I can see clearly they are wrong. There are the people who make stupid remarks about umpires at every game, stupid remarks about the team's defensive strategy and stupid remarks based on their expectation that every Saints player should be faster than Usain Bolt, kick straighter than Porplyzia, mark higher than Coleman, no matter what the player's physique or talent level is.

Does anyone remember my favourite hack target of all time, Kain Taylor, fer Chrissakes? Milan and Jody can rest easy now. All three were better players than I ever was. That's OK, there is no IQ test for going to the footy (or, clearly, writing on a fan site!) so stupidity is part and parcel of the culture and there would be no Collingwood without it. I accept that.

What's not OK, in my view, is to slur a player one doesn't like and add foul epithets of a racist nature to reinforce a point of view. I don't stand for it in my house, the message our kids have had always is - it is wrong.

I may be wrongly accused of being self-righteous. That, IMO, would be just another footy fan's stupid remark, water off a Blake's back.

I am certainly no hypocrite. When I hear racism, I speak against it and when I read it here, I write against it. Get used to it or get rooted or don't read it, I don't care.

FWIW, I thought Raph's game was a pass yesterday, Ball just OK in less than 50% of game, Eddy didn't impress much. I haven't seen the replay yet, so will reserve the right to change my view.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

well said widereciever.

Milton66 pull your head in.

Have a frigging read of the thread before calling anyone hypocrites.

And if that was directed at me - show me any evidence - just once where I have been hypocritical on race.

And if you want to infer I am a racist with that idiot post - i will quite happily accommodate you any where any time - call me a racist to my face.

Prick. :evil:
Last edited by joffaboy on Tue 08 Sep 2009 12:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

--]

Lance or James??

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:still didn't answer your question jb.did he....still in denial i see......think i know why..... :evil:
I know you are really old and may have eyeslight problems after a hard day cleaning successful people's offices but i am pretty sure i answered it FFS emoitcon old man cleaner.

And if you are even slightly suggesting I am even slightly racist have the guts to PM me you weak gutless old ffs emoticon boring cleaner.
Reincarnated asks Plugger nice to cease paraphrasing Reincarnated's response to the old man

FFS!!

Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:well said widereciever.

And if that was directed at me - show me any evidence - just once where I have been hypocritical on race.

And if you want to infer I am a racist with that idiot post - i will quite happily accommodate you any where any time - call me a racist to my face.

Wasn't aimed at you, so apologise. It was aimed at another pathetic c#nt who is gutless and spineless.

Typical bully boy response from you JB. Always going off half baked, shouting people down. Pull your head in, drop kick, before you start making threats.

I'd never infer you're a racist because your form is quite clear on the issue.

Not intended for Widereceiver either.

But seriously, none of you have answered the question. Why?

Every time there's a thread about Raph, people chme in with racist taunts made at the footy and on radio. Yes it's disgraceful, but always seems to happen is that anyone whodisagrees that Raph played well, somehow get associated with being racist. It's quite boring and childish.

And BTW, JB, who the F*** appointed you the moral voice with the right to slag off at people?

Assclown. :evil:

reincarnated

Milton66 wrote:

Wasn't aimed at you, so apologise. It was aimed at another pathetic c#nt who is gutless and spineless.

Typical bully boy response from you JB. Always going off half baked, shouting people down. Pull your head in, drop kick, before you start making threats.

Every time there's a thread about Raph, people chme in with racist taunts made at the footy and on radio. Yes it's disgraceful, but always seems to happen is that anyone whodisagrees that Raph played well, somehow get associated with being racist. It's quite boring and childish.

And BTW, JB, who the F*** appointed you the moral voice with the right to slag off at people?

Joffaboy is the queen of the moral high voice with his business meetings whilst being on saintsational. Yes you have been caught out little man. Lies Lies Lies

He is the voice of the bogans on this forum. The attempted intelligent one that represents the masses. It his place. Don't take it away from him. He might have to attend another high society function and be 'trolling' on saintsational at the same time. Good manners? Reincarnated wonders what your bosses think when they invite you to functions only to see you on your phone like a 15 year old girl sending messages to the boy she likes from school. Giggly chuckle chuckle

Milton66
SS Life Member

widereceiver wrote:
Milton66 wrote:It's interesting that everytime someone analyses Raph's game, that the old "racism" chestnut is dragged out.

What utter cr@p.

FFS, grow up people.

I suggest you have another crack at reading what's been written here, its meaning seems to have eluded you.

Nobody accused Plugger66 of being racist. I did suggest he is an Egyptian swimmer with regard to the racism issue (in denial). It exists, that is a fact.

I hear fools at the football making stupid remarks about Raph every week. That irritates me when I can see clearly they are wrong. There are the people who make stupid remarks about umpires at every game, stupid remarks about the team's defensive strategy and stupid remarks based on their expectation that every Saints player should be faster than Usain Bolt, kick straighter than Porplyzia, mark higher than Coleman, no matter what the player's physique or talent level is.

Does anyone remember my favourite hack target of all time, Kain Taylor, fer Chrissakes? Milan and Jody can rest easy now. All three were better players than I ever was. That's OK, there is no IQ test for going to the footy (or, clearly, writing on a fan site!) so stupidity is part and parcel of the culture and there would be no Collingwood without it. I accept that.

What's not OK, in my view, is to slur a player one doesn't like and add foul epithets of a racist nature to reinforce a point of view. I don't stand for it in my house, the message our kids have had always is - it is wrong.

I may be wrongly accused of being self-righteous. That, IMO, would be just another footy fan's stupid remark, water off a Blake's back.

I am certainly no hypocrite. When I hear racism, I speak against it and when I read it here, I write against it. Get used to it or get rooted or don't read it, I don't care.

FWIW, I thought Raph's game was a pass yesterday, Ball just OK in less than 50% of game, Eddy didn't impress much. I haven't seen the replay yet, so will reserve the right to change my view.
It wasn't aimed at you mate. My point is that a seperate thread should be opened for such discussions.

If there is a racist element ont his forum, then they should be howled down.

But it get's frustrating that when player debate / and racism discussion get mixed up, it turns nasty.

Milton66
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Joffaboy is the queen of the moral high voice with his business meetings whilst being on saintsational. Yes you have been caught out little man. Lies Lies Lies

He is the voice of the bogans on this forum. The attempted intelligent one that represents the masses. It his place. Don't take it away from him. He might have to attend another high society function and be 'trolling' on saintsational at the same time. Good manners? Reincarnated wonders what your bosses think when they invite you to functions only to see you on your phone like a 15 year old girl sending messages to the boy she likes from school. Giggly chuckle chuckle
"Excuse me Mr Stokes and Mr Packer, but I just have to step out to check the forum on my Palm Pilot. Won't be long". :lol:

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

now here's a nice little poem for us all take a deep breath everyone

RAPH CLARKE HIS OUR SPARK
RUNNING DOWN THE WING SO FAST
TACKLES HARD FULL OF CLASS
HIS OUR MIGHTY RAPH CLARKE

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
Beej
Saintsational Legend

According to Gary Lyon on Footy Classified tonight, Roo rushed to deliver an almighty spray to Raph whom he thought put in a half-hearted chase on a Collingwood player in the last quarter.

The panelists agreed that the chase was pretty poor, which it was.

Racists are popping up at an alarming rate it seems.

Thought Raph was excellent late in the game but lacked composure at other times which led to a few mistakes. One moment frustrated me immensely was when he lost his footing at a crucial time allowing Anthony to skip around him way too easily and centre to Cloke who got it to Rocca who in turn goaled just before 3/4 time.

Having said that, did enough to keep his spot IMO. He definitely doesn't shirk it (put his body on the line a number of times) but really needs to show more composure particularly early in games when the heat is at its hottest.
Last edited by Beej on Tue 08 Sep 2009 3:35am, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:

well friggin said
+1.
+2

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith