Pies Hopes fade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:Pick 30 and Wellingham to roos for Pick 21.

Pick 21 to saints for ball

pick 21 to dogs for Everitt, that's how it might go if I was to hazard a guess.

Roos want Wellingham, Pies want Ball, Saints want Everitt,

Dogs want pick 21.

That could make it work.
that could work...id want another pick from the dogs around 40 something as well...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:
that could work...id want another pick from the dogs around 40 something as well...
That's not going to happen. He was pick 11, in the "best draft ever" and has AFL experience and 3 years of development since then, so they're not going to trade him AND another pick, for pick 21 in the worst draft in years.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
mick13
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
That's not going to happen. He was pick 11, in the "best draft ever" and has AFL experience and 3 years of development since then, so they're not going to trade him AND another pick, for pick 21 in the worst draft in years.
He hasn't done much in those 3 years.

You reckon Armitage would still get a first round pick? Sure we all would like to believe he would, but I doubt it.

HarveysDeciple

In that trade.

We lose Ball and gain Everitt

Pies lose pick 30 and Wellingham and gain Ball

Roos gain Wellingham and pick 30 and lose pick 21.

Dogs lose Everitt and gain pick 21.

Pretty much everyone gets well compensated.

S.A Saint
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
but the dogs have hardly used him this season... plus their lack of height up forward and you start asking yourself some questions about why his in not cemented into that forward line instead of scott welsh who is used and even tried in defense....

he is not a developed senior player like ball and for what we know might not even make it...so many players have looked good but have never delivered..with ball at his current state you are knowing what your going to get with him.. and that is better than everitt....we need a bit more security with the trade....

goodie
Club Player

ace wrote:
When 1:30 comes and Collingwood is still only offering pick 30, effectively pick 45 due to the compromised draft, I hope the St Kilda team will spit in Collingwood's face and inform them they will not trade Luke Ball for the equivalent of a late 3rd round pick.

Then tell Luke Ball he can return and try to play premiership football or go tank for woodens spoons at Melbourne via the pre-season draft.

GO TO HELL COLLINGWOOD.
My sentiments exactly.

groupie1
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Pick 30 and Wellingham to roos for Pick 21.

Pick 21 to saints for ball

pick 21 to dogs for Everitt, that's how it might go if I was to hazard a guess.

Roos want Wellingham, Pies want Ball, Saints want Everitt,

Dogs want pick 21.

That could make it work.
Well done Harvey's Disciple. Good work. It works.
All get what they want.
Good work

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

but, isn't it Pick 25 the Roos have, not 21.

Eade says for Everitt they need 21 or lower.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Snakeman66
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:but, isn't it Pick 25 the Roos have, not 21.

Eade says for Everitt they need 21 or lower.
Roos have 21 & 25

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ball + Collingwood = stronger collingwood = 4th best team, in 09, potential for improvement + threat

ball + Melbourne = stronger melbourn = still rubbish = no threat.

unless st kilda gets stronger or maintains the status quo we SHOULD not strengthen Collingwood.

ball is an A class tackler and engine room player, something Collingwood desperately need, they have plenty of pace, and run and miss engine room grunt.

IMO st kilda should look at the big picture, that is who are we helping.

IMO f*** collingwood, this deal should be about st kilda and st kilda getting stronger ONLY.

if luke ball stays because lyon and he can work things though imo he will increase game tame and be a better player for us im sure.

if we cannot get an equivalent talent player from this trade, then let him to go melbourne becuase our NET position isn't weakened as if he were to go to Collingwood, because i'll bet you 10 sheep stations that malthouse will have the pies playing like lyons saints in 2010.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

flyingwhale18 wrote:the last paragraph suprised me a bit

"saints indicated they were willing and able to take Ball back.."

didnt really like the chances of this occuring, considering how badly Bally has handled the situation'i want to be traded to the magpies'
Poorly handled?

Poorly managed?

Poorly advised?

Probably a combination of all three !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Junior
Club Player

Collingwood can go to hell, will not even trade a player who has not played seniors yet.

Luke Ball should wake up and smell the roses, how much do Collingwood want him given the fact that they will not part with any of Goldsack, Blight, Dick or Brown.

If we buckle and except 30 then we are kidding ourselves.

Luke can either bite the bullet play a bit role in a potential premiership side with his mates or he can play most of the game time in a side that is still years away from being a threat in Melbourne.

Shades of 97 in this when we lost Smith and Shanahan for nothing.

Collingwood make me sick never want to give up anything, cannot beleive that they managed to get Jolly. Perhaps this just shows how stuffed Frasers knees are.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Saints cannot give into the filth they're trying to get Ball for nothing what a joke offering us duds like Fraser but not budging on anyone else.

We cannot make the pies stronger in return for nothing Bally may not be an out and out gun like he was but he adds a hell of alot to the pies and Rossy surely knows this. It's not what Ball is worth it's what Ball is worth to Collingwood which is alot....

We cannot accept just a lowly 2nd rounder it MUST be MORE

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Even if they give us a low pick and we give it to the Dogs for Everitt

Ball for Everitt? Sorry no deal

Before Im 85
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Could not agree more with these posts. I believe Ball is worth more than what is being offered.

Play it hard Sainters, if Collingwood want Ball they need to come to the party and up the offer

Although in reality I dont see Eddie budging and offering more. :x

Stand firm Sainters, if we dont like whats on the table I say NO DICE!
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Fri 09 Oct 2009 1:17pm, edited 2 times in total.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I dont want to be rogered by the Pies either, but I also dont want to lose Luke Ball for absolutely no compensation

Just got a sneaking feeling that we got Lovett on the premise that we'd not have to pay Luke as well...that we were confident of a trade

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
S.A Saint
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:ball + Collingwood = stronger collingwood = 4th best team, in 09, potential for improvement + threat

ball + Melbourne = stronger melbourn = still rubbish = no threat.

unless st kilda gets stronger or maintains the status quo we SHOULD not strengthen Collingwood.

ball is an A class tackler and engine room player, something Collingwood desperately need, they have plenty of pace, and run and miss engine room grunt.

IMO st kilda should look at the big picture, that is who are we helping.

IMO f*** collingwood, this deal should be about st kilda and st kilda getting stronger ONLY.

if luke ball stays because lyon and he can work things though imo he will increase game tame and be a better player for us im sure.

if we cannot get an equivalent talent player from this trade, then let him to go melbourne becuase our NET position isn't weakened as if he were to go to Collingwood, because i'll bet you 10 sheep stations that malthouse will have the pies playing like lyons saints in 2010.
Couldnt agree more with this...100% spot on

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball has been royally f**ked by Conners and Collingwood.

It is obvious that Collingwood worked this out with Conners prior to the end of the season.

The leaking of $500k contract at Collingwood - then the family emotional claptrap - then the untenable position - now we have that the Saints would welcome him back (not denied by Mr Leakey Conners).

Ball and his management has played this terribly. It is obvious Conners was happy with his 20% on Balls $600k.

Now Ball is worth half that Conners wanted his 20% on more than what the Saints offered.

The problem is that they are dealing with Collingwood who never trade honestly and always try to screw whomever they trade with. They think they can get Ball for free and think they are too smart for everyone else.

Well for years they have missed out on trades. Gehrig - Black - Kosi - Brown - Stevens - just off the top of my head.

The Saints have to play hardball - we get what we want otherwise Ball and his greedy little creep of a manager have two options.

1) Suck it up - apologise to his mates at the Saints and actually do the work required to play Saints football and stop overrating himself.

2) Walk out and tyr pot luck in the PSD or ND. In that case with what Melbourne have indicated - they will take Ball before Collingwood in either draft.

So there you have it Conners. Hardball Saints and I dont care if we get nothing for Ball. Lets give a potential premiership threat NOTHING.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Beekay
SS Life Member

Wish he would harden up and head off to the Blues for Fevlaaa. 8-)

ThePunter
Club Player

Connors has history with St Kilda. I pretty sure he has managed another high profile Saint who left the club.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

fair comments JB

but may have more relevance after 2pm

saint4life
older saint
SS Life Member

Collingwood traditionally will not trade fair value, therefore get nothing done. According to papers Everitt off the table.

Unless Collingwood change attitude and give a decent swap look for nothing to happen and it is back in Balls court to stay