Draft prediction for St Kilda by Mark Stevens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

What would I be to know but he sounds like a mix of Fiora and Gram to me.
If we get him, I will think he is great.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Don't think we need players who are one sided and who have issues on their good side...you get slaughtered with turnovers from players who can't kick to a target.....

I'd be very surprised if we wasted pick 30 on a GOP....
Have you ever watched him play? Or are you just basing this on what has been written?
I haven't seen him play but if the critique says he is one sided and can't hit the side of a barn with his good foot.then why would i need to see him...

if he can't hit it then he can't hit it...simple...a dud not required....simple

You don't have to pick them just for the sake of it..if their shite then their shite..it's what happens when you smell the roses...ultimately you have to pick the right one...not get delusional about the wrong one.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Saintersss
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
Saintersss wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Don't think we need players who are one sided and who have issues on their good side...you get slaughtered with turnovers from players who can't kick to a target.....

I'd be very surprised if we wasted pick 30 on a GOP....
Have you ever watched him play? Or are you just basing this on what has been written?
I haven't seen him play but if the critique says he is one sided and can't hit the side of a barn with his good foot.then why would i need to see him...

if he can't hit it then he can't hit it...simple...a dud not required....simple

You don't have to pick them just for the sake of it..if their shite then their shite..it's what happens when you smell the roses...ultimately you have to pick the right one...not get delusional about the wrong one.....
We have PICK 32, not PICK 5, you can't expect superstars.

Sure we can pick up someone who has great disposal, but can only get 5 possesions a game. Jesse Crichton is a good player who will most likely be taken a before our pick, but if he does fall to our pick i'd be pretty happy if we took him.
Take a look at draftees before you judge him instead of just reading one review about them and saying he will be a GOP.

Funny this, just had a look at some reviews and some people thought his disposal was not bad...

- "Also his highlights showed more of his disposal which looked good."

- "What really stood out was his cleanness, usage of the ball under pressure and the depth of his kicking. Kicked a goal into the wind at Aurora stadium that went 60m. "

- "Runs really hard all day and has pretty good disposal and decision making."

- Matt Burgan:
Jesse Crichton (Tasmania)
An AIS/AFL academy graduate who impressed recruiters during last year's carnival, Crichton is widely regarded as Tasmania's best draft prospect. He uses the ball well, winning 18 disposals and kicking two goals in Tassie’s opener against Northern Territory.

As you can see different people have different opinions. I'm not going to see he has great disposal because he doesn't IMO, but it is no where near as bad as you say it is.

Look I'm not saying this kid is the best in the draft or anything like that, but for Pick 32 in a weak draft, he's not a bad selection at all. He has great tackling pressure and load of pace. Some of his weaknesses such as lack of fitness, lack of physical build and only being able to kick on one side are all things that can be largely improved in the preseasons of a afl club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The more I read of him the better. Havent seen him play and doubt many on here have seen him play more than one game but looks a cross between Ablett and Judd. Cannot play footy like them but has no hair.

Saintersss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The more I read of him the better. Havent seen him play and doubt many on here have seen him play more than one game but looks a cross between Ablett and Judd. Cannot play footy like them but has no hair.
Knowing you, you're probably just taking the piss here, but he has pleeeeeenty of hair, don't worry about that. So I guess he is nothing like them at all.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

from the description i've read on here, he doesn't sound like the type of player we need. Too limited.

In terms of midfielders, we need guys with good disposal on both sides, and maybe a bit of speed... he sounds like a smaller/weaker version of Luke Ball

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:so he's a s*** kick and he's too skinny... hmmm brad howard anyone? Don't liek the sound of him
Agree.

Must be a decent kick IMO.

Also, I reckon any kid under 70 kilos is a bit too skinny (unless they are Libber's height!)

Mooksy
Club Player

Mark Stevens is rubbish. I hate his stuff. Ordinary journo.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

lets be honest a +30 pick isnt goint to net us a star in this already deemed "shallow" draft .. who ever we pick up we wont se him play next year maybe a game or two the year after but it will be a long term prospect not an isntant impact player ... not from a 30+ pick

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:lets be honest a +30 pick isnt goint to net us a star in this already deemed "shallow" draft .. who ever we pick up we wont se him play next year maybe a game or two the year after but it will be a long term prospect not an isntant impact player ... not from a 30+ pick
kinda says that for the amount of young dudes that play Aussie rules,only
30,at best,are any good.....

tough game.....GOP's rule.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The more I read of him the better. Havent seen him play and doubt many on here have seen him play more than one game but looks a cross between Ablett and Judd. Cannot play footy like them but has no hair.
In the midst of a discussion about a potential player, why bother with crap like this...just to take the piss as always?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
In the midst of a discussion about a potential player, why bother with crap like this...just to take the piss as always?
Yep better than talking about a player we probably have a 1% chance of getting. maybe we should recruit you a sense of humour.

james rose
Club Player

We did a profile on him a while ago http://www.contestedfooty.com/2009/10/j ... spect.html

The part where we looked at where he will get drafted is this
There are too many question marks to slot Jesse Crichton into the first round, instead I have him mid-late second round of the draft.

Jesse Crichton’s championship performance wasn’t inspiring; his foot skills in particular were highlighted as a weakness. Prior to the championships I thought he had ‘decent’ footskills now I think they are just passable, this combined with his size makes it hard to get drafted as early as some are touting. Crichton will be a solid selection either way but with most clubs playing it safe this year the first round of the draft looks doubtful.
I don't expect him to be available for us, if he is he will be a more than solid selection imo.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Yep better than talking about a player we probably have a 1% chance of getting. maybe we should recruit you a sense of humour.
On occasion you have something interesting to say Plugger, but being contrary all the time is not really an enjoyable read, and not something I need to have a sense of humour for. Was that supposed to be funny?

Anyway, perhaps it is best not to discuss potential recruits with any level of seriousness on a fan forum...I guess that would be too logical.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
On occasion you have something interesting to say Plugger, but being contrary all the time is not really an enjoyable read, and not something I need to have a sense of humour for. Was that supposed to be funny?

Anyway, perhaps it is best not to discuss potential recruits with any level of seriousness on a fan forum...I guess that would be too logical.
Agreed if the comments are sensible but when people who havent seen him play say he cannot kick or is a superstar then it is a waste of time. Anyway i will continue to post crap whilst others continue to do it.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

Agreed if the comments are sensible but when people who havent seen him play say he cannot kick or is a superstar then it is a waste of time. Anyway i will continue to post crap whilst others continue to do it.
Fair enough Plugger, if you can't beat them join them seems to be the attitude there. Still, when you are serious about things I do quite enjoy your posts....and every forum needs a Plugger in the end. It is just the qty of posts in this manner that sometimes gets to me. Although if I was after quality posting...perhaps I am not in the right place...

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Would prefer...

Would much prefer Callum BARTLETT or Corey AH CHEE than Crighton if they are available...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!