OFFICIAL: Luke Ball gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Must of missed this quote during trade week, who was the said player manager? I could hazard a guess of course...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5796261504

IF ONE player manager said during Trade Week that St Kilda coach Ross Lyon had ice in his veins, then Essendon coach Matthews Knights is not too dissimilar....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Must of missed this quote during trade week, who was the said player manager? I could hazard a guess of course...

IF ONE player manager said during Trade Week that St Kilda coach Ross Lyon had ice in his veins, then Essendon coach Matthews Knights is not too dissimilar....
Funny thing perspective.
Mark Robinson writes essentially a 'complimentary article' on Knights for having turned over Essendon's list.
Jon Ralph in the same paper has been taking 'pot shots' at Lyon for the last few weeks over the Saints delisting/exiting/getting rid of some players.

What's the difference?

kalsaint
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Apparently Luke didnt wanna go.....but Lyon left him in no doubt where he sat in the "pecking order"...interesting...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...016169,00.html
Its got me stuffed! Why would Luke risk playing for Melbourne if the reports are right that he doesnt want to play there?

I dont think he is not in a position to command a huge salary now that he has nominated for the draft but the media still insist he is seeking +$500k per year!! The Dees are the likely winners here and Luke wont get his preference in clubs.

I still cannot understand why he wouldn't rise to Ross's challenge and get back into the top 18 at the Saints. If he is not willing to rise to the challenge I say Goodbye. Do we need a person not willing to make th personal commitment?

I guess I will have to rename my three phone extensions now. That are; Harves, Dal and Luke to Roo, Lenny and Yapper.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If you listen to Pies supporters theyre confident they'll get Ball for much less than 500k over 2......more like 1m over 3 or 4....and other clubs cant bank on taking that risk.

“Yeah….nah””
*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

:(

well i guess I have to accept it now. going to be tough watching him run around in other colours next year.
what to do with my #14 jumper now.

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:If you listen to Pies supporters theyre confident they'll get Ball for much less than 500k over 2......more like 1m over 3 or 4....and other clubs cant bank on taking that risk.
Not sure how they figure that. Once you put a price on your head, the club that picks you is duty bound to pay you the price that you have nominated - From what I understand that is the rule. Otherwise players would put ridiculous prices on their heads to scare off potential clubs and then negotiate a more equitable deal with their preferred club. If Luke says he wants 500k a year for the next 2 years then the pies must pay that and it must be in their lodgements with the AFL re their player payments.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Here's a suggestion for those with the 14 number on their jumpers, who've asked for suggestions about what to do.

If you put a 4 over the 1, then it becomes 44... Milne dog.

Works for me.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Here's a suggestion for those with the 14 number on their jumpers, who've asked for suggestions about what to do.

If you put a 4 over the 1, then it becomes 44... Milne dog.

Works for me.
Or a 3 over the 4, and you're supporting a potential young star!

FullMonty
Club Player

Might well end up with the Dee's.

D for Delusional.
D for Dissappointing.
D for Devoid of finals games.
D for Duds.
D for Draft picks of which they have plenty and should be gutsy enough to use one on him in National draft.

Pick 18 will spoil the bumbers and filths hopes.
I'd rather see him go anywhere else than pies!

Montyrules!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I blame Grant Thomas!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu

We know !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
SainterK wrote:Must of missed this quote during trade week, who was the said player manager? I could hazard a guess of course...

Funny thing perspective.
Mark Robinson writes essentially a 'complimentary article' on Knights for having turned over Essendon's list.
Jon Ralph in the same paper has been taking 'pot shots' at Lyon for the last few weeks over the Saints delisting/exiting/getting rid of some players.

What's the difference?
Do you look over your shoulder every time you leave home?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
No, I don't need to,
I know you're there lurking. :)

And btw plugger, has defending Luke Ball's actions become your project for the 2009/2010 off-season despite anything he may have said/done (or anything said/done on his behalf) not being quite 100%?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Im going to remove my Luke Ball 2005 finals poster of the wall.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
No, I don't need to,

And btw plugger, has defending Luke Ball's actions become your project for the 2009/2010 off-season despite anything he may have said/done (or anything said/done on his behalf) not being quite 100%?
Seems like it.

Doesn't really have a position except to oppose, because if you happen to critisise LB or management you are the worst in the world and fickle according to P66.

Apparently only his view on everything is correct.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
No, I don't need to,

Seems like it.

Doesn't really have a position except to oppose, because if you happen to critisise LB or management you are the worst in the world and fickle according to P66.

The funny thing is i have no problem with the club losing Bally. maybe we should have got something for him but that is neither here nor there. What pisses me off is we now say Ball has low morals, cant play and we beleive everything written in the paper as long as it is negative towards ball. How can I be correct or incorrect for saying that i hope Bally does well and that people 3 months ago were saying ball is a better person than Judd and Hodge and some even said thay weould rather him than those 2 when it was written on this site by many. i even said at the time he was an overpaid average footballer and was then told I was idiot for saying that.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
No, I don't need to,

Seems like it.

The funny thing is i have no problem with the club losing Bally. maybe we should have got something for him but that is neither here nor there. What pisses me off is we now say Ball has low morals, cant play and we beleive everything written in the paper as long as it is negative towards ball. How can I be correct or incorrect for saying that i hope Bally does well and that people 3 months ago were saying ball is a better person than Judd and Hodge and some even said thay weould rather him than those 2 when it was written on this site by many. i even said at the time he was an overpaid average footballer and was then told I was idiot for saying that.
But plugger, please showe me a single post where I have questioned anything about Luke Ball's decision to leave, other than the numerous differing public reasons given by his manager/camp?

You keep responding to my posts with this 'morals crap' and yet I've never made any claims about his morals/ethics or anything else, other than this disrespect shown to our Club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
No, I don't need to,

Seems like it.

But plugger, please showe me a single post where I have questioned anything about Luke Ball's decision to leave, other than the numerous differing public reasons given by his manager/camp?

You keep responding to my posts with this 'morals crap' and yet I've never made any claims about his morals/ethics or anything else, other than this disrespect shown to our Club.
i was actually just making a general statement but as i have said a few times what is the disrepsect Bally has actually shown the club. i was away so I missed all that crap.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

His management/camp were offering a daily reason as to why he wanted to leave.

Each day a different one until finally on the Thursday they uttered the following:-

His position at St Kilda and Ross Lyon had become 'untenable'.

The first one was that St Kilda's offer was more than Collingwood's.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:Im going to remove my Luke Ball 2005 finals poster of the wall.
Great picture of Lenny, love it :D

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Just a name Luke should remember regarding his decision to leave, 'Nick Stevens'.
Wanted to go to the scum, ended up at Carlton.
His ex team mates all played in a premiership the following year, he played for a wooden spoon.
His decision to leave to try and get to the scum meant he played one interstate final for the rest of his career, which also happened to be his last game.
I really believe Luke has had bad advice, has made a bad decision and his future could very easily parrallel Nick Stevens.
I hope the premiership bit does, but I feel Luke may live to regret this decision, because I get the impression Nick Steven's might.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
lol

DO YOU :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
lol

Only if those girls showed even the slightest interest in me.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Funny thing perspective.

What's the difference?
lol

Only if those girls showed even the slightest interest in me.
Well P66, just grab the properties of that avatar and have it for yourself...

I am going to revert to my other one soon, because it's cause a little bit of grief ....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Do you think we will get a fair dinkum reason from our Coach why Luke has left us?