I Support the Club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I support our club hopefully as much as most but I dont automatically think that everything said by the club is true no matter who says it. Anyone who thinks that would also believe in Santa and tooth fairy. i also dont think that every player who leaves is a prick ot thyat every player that we trade for from other clubs then becomes an angel.

Anyway lets just continuing supporting the club anyway you like as long as you are supporting the club. Would nothing worse than no one challenging anything said by the club.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:
PS- there is no Santa Claus... Love and sex are just chemical and evolutionary tricks designed to fool us into the burden procreating... there is no god... and we are all going to die (either suddenly and too young, or after a long, slow and inexorable decline).
Perfect example...

The first one - how many adults do you know that still believe in Santa?

The second and third ones - comparing following a footy club to procreation and death??

Case in point.
Can folk still celebrate and love christmas though?

Or even enjoy their footy as much as 'procreating'?

What really does matter in life anyway?

And who are you to judge for others?
You'll find that many sentences in this thread are judging others for being blindly faithful.

Not vice versa.
Huh?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I support our club hopefully as much as most but I dont automatically think that everything said by the club is true no matter who says it. Anyone who thinks that would also believe in Santa and tooth fairy. i also dont think that every player who leaves is a prick ot thyat every player that we trade for from other clubs then becomes an angel.

Anyway lets just continuing supporting the club anyway you like as long as you are supporting the club. Would nothing worse than no one challenging anything said by the club.
Santa and the tooth fairy exist unless you can prove otherwise!

Another opportunity awaits!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Apparently you cant have your own opinion without abuse on this subject.
Followed by.....
joffaboy wrote:... if you want to slag off our captain and Rl and inferr they are liars, piss off to Collingwood.

Hahahah!!

Textbook Joffaboy.
to take post out of context makes you a .LIAR RodgerFox.

who did I abuse? Can you please name them?

dear me, you have been really baiting me since we all had a good laugh at your "expertise'" on Corporate Structures.

have you come back with an answer to what a standard corporate structure is yet?

lol - Emperors new cloths :D :D .

Texbook RodgerFox :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I support our club hopefully as much as most but I dont automatically think that everything said by the club is true no matter who says it. Anyone who thinks that would also believe in Santa and tooth fairy. i also dont think that every player who leaves is a prick ot thyat every player that we trade for from other clubs then becomes an angel.

I'm certainly not advocating 'blind faith'.

All I'm attempting to say is that in this instance,
I believe what the Club, Coach and Captain are saying.

I therefore have no problem shouting out to the wider football world:-

I SUPPORT THE CLUB, COACH AND CAPTAIN!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Exactly... only a shyte stirrer would try to describe defending the club in this instance as evidence of 'blind faith'... or linking being critical of Ball with thinking that all players who leave are pr!cks.

And for mine, it is more reasonable for people on a St Kilda supporters site to mostly support and defend the club and its actions, than it is to mostly do the opposite.... call me old fashioned.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't think I would have to get these out again so soon 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Exactly... only a shyte stirrer would try to describe defending the club in this instance as evidence of 'blind faith'... or linking being critical of Ball with thinking that all players who leave are pr!cks.

And for mine, it is more reasonable for people on a St Kilda supporters site to mostly support and defend the club and its actions, than it is to mostly do the opposite.... call me old fashioned.
Obviously your post wasnt referring to me because I certainly didnt use the word blind faith or even mention Luke Ball. Yep i love the club but I dont tell people how to love the club.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Example..
Mid 2008, RL is being rubbished from pillar to post on here. Didnt have a clue, kick him out. Replacements ranged from Kevin Sheedy to the Woop Woop 3rds orange boy. We were rubbish and future under RL could only end in tears. All coming from a bunch of people who were convinced they knew more than our football dept. Not just an opinion, they KNEW he couldnt coach :roll:

They are all looking pretty stupid now eh? Sometimes it just pays to say "Well I'll put my faith in the experts, I hope they know what they are doing" That is not blind faith

Selection is another one. "Why was Luke Ball played in the 2nds when there were clearly players not deserving of a game in the seniors"
Clearly??? says who? A bunch of nuffie fans like us who have never selected an AFL side in our lives? Sure they might get it wrong but at least they are the best people to make the calls.

Ditto Trade Week for all the above reasons

Look at Richmond. Did no due diligence on Ben Cousins, but their football dept caved at the last minute in to the combination of a few nuffie fans banging on the door and their Membership Dept. Theres some expert opinion..NOT

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not questioning every little tiny thing the Club does does NOT make you a sheep

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Obviously your post wasnt referring to me because I certainly didnt use the word blind faith or even mention Luke Ball. Yep i love the club but I dont tell people how to love the club.
Nope, you're a 'top bloke'!

I just think if you cant show support, and yes, a bit of faith in the club at the moment, particularly after such an amazing season, then when will you?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Nope, you're a 'top bloke'!

I just think if you cant show support, and yes, a bit of faith in the club at the moment, particularly after such an amazing season, then when will you?
The thing is i dont think there are any big issues against us a moment. Nearly everyone in the media think we have handled the AL superbly and only a few in the media think we have stuffed up the Ball thing. It is not as if everyone in the media is having a go at us and even the few who have arent having a huge dig.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Nope, you're a 'top bloke'!

Stop being a sheep.

We all need to get to the AGM and have a vote of no confidence in the board and the footy dept, get Lyon sacked, Riewoldt replaced as captain, Westaway sent packing and have an interim board with RodgerFox as president (due to his vast knowledge on Corporate Structures) and others who know the truth of footy because they met a bloke down the pub or saw an ex footballer at a under 8's game that gave them the skinny on the ins and outs of "what actually happened"at the club.

Hate this blind faith in the Saints. Of course Riewoldt and Lyon lied, of course Lyon deliberately sabataged the Grand Final because he didn't like Luke Ball, of course it was all a fluke that we won 20-2 and we had a great injury run since Lyon took over.

All of this was luck, and if Lyon wasn't so incompetent and had taught our forwards to kick goals we would now be premiers.

You peopel all have rose coloured glasses. Luke Ball is a hero and Riewoldt and Ross lyon are both nasty and should be held to account.

I tell ya, how dare you lot, on a Saints forum, support and put your faith in the Saints?

Appalling.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: The thing is i dont think there are any big issues against us a moment. Nearly everyone in the media think we have handled the AL superbly and only a few in the media think we have stuffed up the Ball thing. It is not as if everyone in the media is having a go at us and even the few who have arent having a huge dig.
Dont think it is the media really P66. More some on here who have continued to infer that Riewoldt and Lyon are liars about the way Luke Ball departed.

Its OK to critisise the club, I tend to be pretty dissapointed (in hindsight I might add) the way we lost Ball (for nothing) and seem to have lost Lovett (which is extremely dissapointing). I think the club stuffed up, but hey, you cant win the all.

Even with those to poor results, we got a Winmar (the name along is great), Brett Peake who has potential, Jesse Smith who seems to be progressing nicely ATM and X Factor Tommy Walsh.

i would never accuse you of not being a dyed in the wool Saints fan.

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
Well then, WTF are you doing here then? Its all bad bad bad, just give it up and go find a rock to curl up under.
?

I'm not sure I said it was 'all bad'.

It's just not life and death as some here on here seem to believe.

I follow other sports too, and don't see them as life or death either. Doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't follow them.

In what other facet of life would you blindly believe someone and 'support' someone that you have no personal link to?

It's just really odd that adults feel this way.
We are all unique, we all 'support' in our own way. You are a casual observer of the game, yet you find the time to discuss Saints on a supporter site with people that you have no personal link to. People may find that odd, but what does it really matter after all.

Anyone should feel completely free to 'support' the club in whichever way they choose. Even if someone would rather the blind faith approach, well good luck to them, it's all good.

Maxstar22
Club Player

I support the club 100%.

Just because you support something or someone doesn't mean you have to always agree with what they do or say.

It is like having a best friend, you love them dearly and support them in everything they do but at times you may not neccesarily agree with their actions. You are there for them in good times and bad.

Isn't that what support means?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

is that similar to the lovely support the likes of raph clarke receive week in week out?

Some tend to be anything but a supporter

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Maxstar22
Club Player

Solar wrote:is that similar to the lovely support the likes of raph clarke receive week in week out?

Is that directed at me Solar?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Maxstar22 wrote:
Solar wrote:is that similar to the lovely support the likes of raph clarke receive week in week out?

nup no way, just a bugbear I have, why some send all their time wanting some players in "their team" to fail..... sorry I did digress

Totally agree with the OP and other wise people,

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Maxstar22
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:

nup no way, just a bugbear I have, why some send all their time wanting some players in "their team" to fail..... sorry I did digress

Totally agree with the OP and other wise people,
Phew...was worried there for a min :wink:

I admit that in the past I have given players a fair razz at times. And I can't deny that I probably will do it again. But that is only because I want us to be the best and perform well and all that jazz. The same (I would assume) as any Saints supporter. That doesn't mean I don't love the club and will stand with them no matter what.

I have and will always support the club in the decisions that they make.

God, if I didn't support the club, there is no way I could barrack for them after all these lean years.

PJ
SS Life Member

who are you calling snivelling scum....pessimistic doom sayers..etc.....??...
The bandwagon jumpers, the on one minute off the next, who seem to take some personal joy in berating ppl on little more than gossip. The ones who are pissed off with ppl at the club that don't fit their ideal St.Kilda image then get on patting everyone on the back after a big win.

Seriously everyone's entitled to their own opinion and no one at the club is above criticism but some have more than just a little hypocracy in their views.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Love this club. Support this club. I buy seven memberships and four reserved seats each year. THIS IS SUPPORTING THE CLUB.
Do I believe everything that comes out of the club. NO I DON'T.
The coach and captain tell us what the club wants us to know. Don't be naive.
Luke Ball was left with no where to go so he went to another club. No big deal. That's how it goes. Get over it. He is not the only player at the club that can't kick over a jam tin.
Lovett hasn't been charged with anything yet the club looks as though it will screw him. WHY ?
The guy is earning 350K a year until the powers to be deem otherwise.
If the club senses that he is one player that can bring us the premiership than play the bugger. Don't really care what he is accused of until he is charged. Don't really care if the captain thinks otherwise.
I WANT A PREMIERSHIP. NOT A COURT CASE. DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO WIN THE BIG ONE.
Don't forget we are the most underachieving side of the original mob that started the VFL/AFL. One premiership in how many years. COUNT EM GUYS.
I'M sick of it all. I want another flag. This is why I pay up every year. This is why I buy so much s*** every year.
We chocked in 1971. We chocked in 1997. We CHOCKED in 2009.
2010 IS THE YEAR. The pressure is on.
Let the cards fall where they may. I'm not holding my breath.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
JMsainter
Club Player

I support the club. I pay me membership and have faith in the admin to make the right decisions. And they don't appear to have done much wrong over the past few years, so I'll keep supporting them.

That does not make me blind as far as I am concerned. If you cannot support this club now, when can you? It's in the best shape on and off field than I can remember.

Fired Up Again For 2010. Go Saints!!!

Kepp dreaming those impossible dreams. Spend every minute of everyday striving to reach your dreams.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote: We CHOCKED in 2009.
Do you mean Choked?

And if so please explain how.

Lance or James??

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Passion for STKFC is grand. It puts lead in my pencil...

But this talk of 'what the club says' and belief or not in it...

The media cycle works too quickly for purity in a communications sense. And the legal system works way too slowly for communications departments to deal in pure truth.

It ain't ever gonna change.

Fact is there's people on the inside - incredibly competent, highly capable, and devout - who are doing their level (and educated) best to make the club great.

Of that I have absolutely no doubt.

The only important thing is that we jump through this farking gaping window and win a goddam farking flag...We KNOW the cattle are there...We KNOW what they can deliver...JUST GO THE F*** OUT THERE AND FARKING DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO that and I don't care who's in what job or who gets picked or who comes or goes...

I only deal in black, red and white...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:Image

Yep, I'm with them...
Thats an awsome pic ..........
Yep, they just seem to have an air of unfinished business about them 8-)
Love the pic. They do look like they mean business. See Belfast, we're on the same page after all. :wink: