HS articles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

At least he replied.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I can take him saying we got decisions wrong blah blah whatever, I can take that.

I cant take blatant potshots at my club, discussing so called "facts" that are completely irrelevant to the cause he dragged his sorry stinking arse down to moorabbin to cover. I love the club, I take s*** like that personally. Worst article I have ever read, bar none. Piss POOR attempt, childish attempt to just hang s*** on OUR club, nothing more.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:At least he replied.

hahaha :D

Yes indeed, I feel so much better about him now. :roll:

Anyway, I have had my say, he replied, Im going to get over it now.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I can take him saying we got decisions wrong blah blah whatever, I can take that.

I cant take blatant potshots at my club, discussing so called "facts" that are completely irrelevant to the cause he dragged his sorry stinking arse down to moorabbin to cover. I love the club, I take s*** like that personally. Worst article I have ever read, bar none. Piss POOR attempt, childish attempt to just hang s*** on OUR club, nothing more.
To be honest, it doesn't read any worse than the crap I generally see written in the HS...it has no insight, but I guess he's paid to attend and write an article. If they'd served sandwiches, he'd probably have written 5 paragraphs on them, because there's really nothing for him to add to the Saints presser. At least he didn't just make s*** up like the other article, or write a dazzling insightful article of waffle like Sheahan did...he dumbed down his petty point of view for his dumb audience. Some journo's POV's are best avoided.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:I can take him saying we got decisions wrong blah blah whatever, I can take that.

To be honest, it doesn't read any worse than the crap I generally see written in the HS...it has no insight, but I guess he's paid to attend and write an article. If they'd served sandwiches, he'd probably have written 5 paragraphs on them, because there's really nothing for him to add to the Saints presser. At least he didn't just make s*** up like the other article, or write a dazzling insightful article of waffle like Sheahan did...he dumbed down his petty point of view for his dumb audience. Some journo's POV's are best avoided.
So is it the Herald Sun who has the dumb audience or the people who read Mike Sheahan?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

So is it the Herald Sun who has the dumb audience or the people who read Mike Sheahan?
Piss off Mike.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Piss off Mike.
Excellent response. Not prepared to answer my question?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well said...agree totally

The guy has reached the pinnacle of his career, stupid little colour pieces to supplement the actual sports journo's articles

Would you see Rohan Connolly, Greg Baum or, God forbid even Mike Sheahan take these stupid lil irrelevant cheap shots? I doubtt it

Bet he didnt write any "Victoria Park is a fleapit" articles when they were in their last months there

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Piss off Mike.
Excellent response. Not prepared to answer my question?
Both...comments below are from HS readers/MS readers:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5830680204

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"In a day of developments:

THE Herald Sun can reveal at least two Essendon players warned the Saints not to draft Lovett, telling the club he could not be relied upon.

IT was confirmed the club terminated his contract without paying the balance of his estimated $350,000-a-year, three-year deal.

AT least one St Kilda player is likely to be called as a witness in the Lovett rape case.

The AFL effectively sanctioned St Kilda's decision by deciding not to interfere."

f*** me.....will it ever end....??? :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5831470532

what do you want them to say dereck you puffed up ponce.....? :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:"In a day of developments:

THE Herald Sun can reveal at least two Essendon players warned the Saints not to draft Lovett, telling the club he could not be relied upon.

IT was confirmed the club terminated his contract without paying the balance of his estimated $350,000-a-year, three-year deal.

AT least one St Kilda player is likely to be called as a witness in the Lovett rape case.

The AFL effectively sanctioned St Kilda's decision by deciding not to interfere."

f*** me.....will it ever end....??? :cry: :cry:
1 as opposed the ten who said we should.
2 of course we wouldn't pay him. We're alleging breach.
3 would have thought so.
4 of course.

SOOOOOOOOOO not newsworthy, but what would you expect? It's entertainment now...all part of a perverse circus that will only die down when play starts on Friday, Twigley does a bikini shoot or Fev pis-ses on a wall outside a pub.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Duggie
Club Player

Gutter journalism at its lowest. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Sunday Red
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:The smug little prick is replying to his email, the snotty head up arse attitude is plain to see. I quote ...

"Tim,

Point to one inaccuracy.

As for my failing to address the Lovett situation, it was the Saints who refused to say on what grounds he had been dismissed, which I would have thought was the whole point of the press conference. They wouldn’t talk about his contract, the players’ attitudes, what clauses in his contract were breached or the timing of the sacking.

The decrepit state of the Saints venue for the presser, whether you find it uncomfortable to read about or not, is a fact. It is relevant because it presents St Kilda as a club that cannot afford to lose sponsors or, indeed, a million dollars. If that’s not the case, that’s certainly how it appears, and appearances count. I doubt you could find a junior netball club anywhere in Victoria who would accept that sort of facility, let alone an elite sporting organisation.

I’m sure you are a loyal Saints fan and proud of the club, but there wasn’t much pride on show in the neglected state of their media conference facility. It makes Punt Rd look like the Taj Mahal.

Terry "

Well Tezza, my point still stands, you are a class act tool with a journalism cert. you must have found in a milo tin.

There is NO mention of sponsers jumping ship OR anyone being payed a million dollars dipshit !!

Nice attitude Tezz, any chance your letting your club bias get in the way of journalistic integrity. Oh wait.....hmmm, loads of one, none of the other I feel.
FFS :evil:
What a load of rubbish.

You should seriously reply and ask if he's aware whether the Saints are moving into a brand new $14m training and administration facility this year. Ask him whether there's a point throwing money at a building that you are vacating in less than 10 months? What a knob.