Does saints.com.au and the club acknowledge saintsational?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:I love the way Saintsational works, especially because we are only here because we want to be.

I have never been on facebook, but from what I've heard, I'd hate to see Saintional become another social network site (although the jiggingsaint seems to think it's his personal domain to stroke his ego). I'll be shot down for that, but I don't have much time egoists full stop.

Anyone who wants to be involved can be and it is a great way to exchange ideas about the mighty Sainters.
Dont like the third person stuff. Maybe he is an icy pole.

na exa
Club Player

We all know the club monitors this site consistently; they regularly take us up on our suggestions, etc - and that's great.
some great stuff gets brainstormed here.
But this is one of the key independent areas of the football club and we do need to keep it that way.
essendon were smart ... operated outside of the afl/telstra with their website right from the start ... we (ss) sorta do that for our mob , by default

we cant be 'recognised' because of the 'official' afl/telstra site affiliation i would reckon
The only thing that could work, I think, might be a special forum where, say, a senior club official - preferably the CEO - would answer questions. It's something that other supporter forums use and use really well.

i was thinkn about something similar to that ev .... how about if 'a club rep' took an old finished thread , and gave us a club perspective .

keeps them away from a question/answer type scenario , but gives us feedback

(as long as we were grown up enough not to use 'wrong ideas/ comments' when judged against said feedback , as ammunition against each other in future posts)

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

On that subject, gaz, I (and im sure alot of you also) loved it when GT used to come on here and give us abit of insight, even if it was just a post here and there while they were away on pre-season camp.

The assistants came on as well and used to write up a paragraph or two on the goings on and what was happening.

It was great, and i think the community really appreciated it when it did occur.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The MW is kinda to the CS as Saintsational is to saints.com.au..we get a nice little plug in the brochure each year (helps them sell reserved seats too!) but we can still drink beer and indulge in the odd bit of Medium Level Coarse Language lol

Must unfortunately take Bernard to task for his cheap shot at the Jiggster though. Whilst you are entitled to your opinion, maybe you could do what many people on here have done and actually meet him before passing judgement? You'd then find that Dave is one of the true gentleman of this Forum and the Club in general...theres not a shred of ego in his body and Im proud to call him one of my great Saints friends from this site

He'd shake your hand and buy you a beer without question, despite your cheap little crack

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: but I don't have much time egoists full stop.

Hmmm dont have much time for yourself hey?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We are the saints dirty little secret!

But really i think this site/community works great as it is. Full of passion dissidents and true believers.

Obviously we benefit greatly from certain posters with official club knowledge like saintbrat and that im grateful for.

But we would lose a lot with any official status.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Also, thinking about the betting scandal today... imagine the furor..

"Someone on Saintsational, which is connected to the St. Kilda Football Club, was found betting on a match which they were attending today. The AFL has decided to take one victory away from the Saints. The game which has been chosen is the next match against Fremantle."

Nah, let's keep it a loving, but distinct relationship!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The MW is kinda to the CS as Saintsational is to saints.com.au..we get a nice little plug in the brochure each year (helps them sell reserved seats too!) but we can still drink beer and indulge in the odd bit of Medium Level Coarse Language lol

Must unfortunately take Bernard to task for his cheap shot at the Jiggster though. Whilst you are entitled to your opinion, maybe you could do what many people on here have done and actually meet him before passing judgement? You'd then find that Dave is one of the true gentleman of this Forum and the Club in general...theres not a shred of ego in his body and Im proud to call him one of my great Saints friends from this site

He'd shake your hand and buy you a beer without question, despite your cheap little crack
Well I have met him and he is a really nice bloke and would probably do anything for you.

All I'm saying is this is not a social network. It's a footy forum.

If you want to publicise your upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, etc join Facespace or whatever. Don't start threads about yourself.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
na exa
Club Player

i think , its obviously both.

and more.

na exa
Club Player

:lol: ie: bappy hirthday today , Sainternist

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:[

If you want to publicise your upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, etc join Facespace or whatever. Don't start threads about yourself.
"Saintsational Fan Forum"

if you want Just football Bernard maybe start or join a JUST FOOTY forum somewhere. there are plenty out there

But people obviously have enjoyed Most of what the FAN forum has on it for a couple of years now--- is SS heading for an anniversary?-
personally enjoy hearing about how saints fans get their joy from following St Kilda,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints7
Club Player

the Club cant endorse this forum, just as it cant endorse any of the saints forums out there....and they are growing in number all the time.

They cant say "go here", and then little Jonny logs in and reads "the club is crap, the players are crap, and the place is being run crap", which is the jist of most of these threads.

this place is for fun, and should remain that way - its a good read

...i also dont know about SS being a good source of Saints news, as all the news reported here comes straight from the Club website...its the discussion about those news stories that gives this place its identity.