Saints v Hawks - confident?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

We will beat the p*ddle and po*p team, no mistake.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

50/50. Once the 1st Quarter is played I will know whether or not I'm confident. Lots of skill errors we will lose, clean football and we will win even if we are behind at quarter time.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We had a slump in form for 4 weeks earlier in the season., so far this one has lasted two weeks. Lets hope it is only a 2 week slump. Go Saints....

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not all that confident. But it doesn't really matter. Just like another poster pointed out, i will know at 1/4 time if I think we will win.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We had a slump in form for 4 weeks earlier in the season., so far this one has lasted two weeks. Lets hope it is only a 2 week slump. Go Saints....
Hopefully that's not including this week as well! :lol: I really don't want the Hawks to get any more of a sniff! They must be kept out of the finals at all costs! :twisted: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

yes, we are moving forward :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:yes, we are moving forward :wink:

Now for some Real Action :lol:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Solar wrote:yes, we are moving forward :wink:

Now for some Real Action :lol:
I just want them to bank the points, no more words just actions.... but remember it's just one week at a time..... as long as we don't have to pay a big new tax....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints94
SS Life Member

I'll say we will grind out a Saints Footy win, in a low scoring affair.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Based on the pattern of the last two years worth of St Kilda football I simply can't see us stringing two insipid efforts together.

Add to that I think our mids at 75% beat there's at 100% and the fact that Hawthorn's back six pretty ordinary.

And we might have an out of sorts Kosi, but I praise the good lord above we don't have a Schoenmakers. The bloke literally s***s himself every time he gets 10 feet from a contest.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

We need to start well and get a couple on the board early. Give them a start and are in diabolical.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 22 Jul 2010 3:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunil_saint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Hmm, my hubby goes for the Hawks
Well SK......if he doesn't cook himself...stop feeding him NOW :) :wink:

ps....Im very nervous about this game... :!:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The saints are just ticking along saving themselves. If Ross was really set for that filth game he would have left gram out and probably Kosi. You don't go into a game with 3 guys returning from injury thinking your going with your best team. Take out Dal santo and they don't look so good on paper.

We will ramp it up by the week. I think even with what we have in we should beat the Hawks, a team that has strung a few together but remains unconvincing to me. We may loose but it won't be as bad as last week.

We are a lot better side with Dal in. Rooey should start to get some touch or at least stretch their defence. Milne was probably in his shell a bit not wanting more controversy, all in all the answer to the question is Yes I am confident.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Should beat Hawthorn if we turn up to play, although I suspect it will be close.

Will lose if we don't turn up to play and give Hawthorn the same amount of space we gave the Filth.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im a bit nervy to be honest

i will tip us but it would not surprise me if he hawks get a little burst on somewhere and kick 4 or 5 and then we can never crawl that back

hopefully im wrong and we belt the living suitcases out of em

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We win the middle, play like we normally do up back and get some semblance of form out our front six we should be a considerably better team on the night.

Do you tag Rioli? Just a thought.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Superboot
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:We win the middle, play like we normally do up back and get some semblance of form out our front six we should be a considerably better team on the night.

Do you tag Rioli? Just a thought.
The alternative is to let him run riot. Could be a kind of litmus test for the way the game goes. He tore us up in the Prelim 2 years ago. Don't want to see that happen again.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yes I was kind implying that we absolutely must.

Buddy's Buddy, but IMO Cyril's easily their most dangerous player

Superboot
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:Yes I was kind implying that we absolutely must.

Buddy's Buddy, but IMO Cyril's easily their most dangerous player
I agree with you; it is a must. There are some players who can be left alone as they have low impact (well that's what I thought until last Saturday!!), but Rioli isn't one of them!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

if we play confident attacking football we will beat anyone ! but if we play the shite that was on show last week the we've got no chance.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I'd love a win but reckon we might get done by 25. Geez I hope I'm wrong

Another opportunity awaits!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"confident"? The Jiggster is confident that the game is being played at the dome. Confident that (metro/connex whatever permitting) he will be able to catch up with some of his pals (and Eastern :wink: ) at the leg-ends bar Confident that the trains home (metro/connex/whatever permitting) will be the usual cattle muster.
As for the game? I'm happy to go along and simply enjoy the match! and let the result take care of itself!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I'm not confident. Between now and the finals, the saints will have a turning point where they play a team into submission and everyone notices. I don't think it will be tonight though.

StNoodles
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:I'm not confident. Between now and the finals, the saints will have a turning point where they play a team into submission and everyone notices. I don't think it will be tonight though.
That was how I was feeling earlier in the week, but i reckon tonight is the night Bardon!

We will come out breathing fire after last week's effort. Lenny will have a blinder and (perhaps this is pushing it) KOSI WILL KICK 5!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

No. But I tipped us and I hope the internal issues of the last two weeks have settled.